Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

BMW M7 back on the table? M head Albert Biermann says he wants an M7

Well here we are yet again with that pesky M7 rumor. It seems like every year stories about a possible M7 pop up like clockwork. Sites are reporting this story yet again but back in 2012 then head of BMW M Friedrich Nitschke stated BMW was considering an M7. BimmerBoost reported BMW was considering an M7 way back in 2010. We're on the verge of 2014 and BMW is still sitting around twiddling their thumbs 'considering' making an M7.

BMW, you have already thrown your own M history out the window, lit it on fire on fire, and then peed on it. An M7 will not change much of anything when you are already selling M SUV's and sticking an M badge on just about anything you can. An M7 actually makes far more sense than many of the M models you are already selling so just do it already. It's only a matter of time.

With Mercedes and Audi both having sporty models of their top of the line sedans an M7 to compete with the S8 and Mercedes S63 AMG is clearly missing in the lineup. You want one Biermann? Well aren't you the head of M? Make it happen.

Red:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Blue:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

White:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Source

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    yes yes yes

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mel690124 Click here to enlarge
    yes yes yes
    I agree.

1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, La Habra, CA, 90631
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If BMW never released the M7, it wouldn't bother me that much...just sayin.
    Click here to enlarge
    Sean Singh | Sean@modbargains.com | (714) 582-3330 x 8009
    We Specialize In: BMW Parts In Stock | BMW Wheels Experts | BMW Brakes | BMW Suspension | VMR Wheels Experts | Cobb AccessPORT N54 In Stock | Avant Garde Wheels In Stock | BMW Headlights Fast Shipping | BMW Exhaust
    Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
    Check out our BLOG for the latest updates and discounts!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ModBargains.com Click here to enlarge
    If BMW never released the M7, it wouldn't bother me that much...just sayin.
    True. But... if they did it wouldn't bother you either Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't see a reason to have an M7. Pretty stupid if you ask me, just lowering the M badge some more.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    a true m7 to compete with the s63/65 and new audi s8 is in need....and has a customer base that would buy+ appreciate the platform to be released properly to regain bmw dominance in the hp game considering they have been out horse powered since 03 by mercedes and now audi/caddy

to release a full weight li body with about 650-700hp/and 750 ftlbs+ and a true m7 would be sweet!

1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, La Habra, CA, 90631
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    True. But... if they did it wouldn't bother you either Click here to enlarge
    touche...touche.
    Click here to enlarge
    Sean Singh | Sean@modbargains.com | (714) 582-3330 x 8009
    We Specialize In: BMW Parts In Stock | BMW Wheels Experts | BMW Brakes | BMW Suspension | VMR Wheels Experts | Cobb AccessPORT N54 In Stock | Avant Garde Wheels In Stock | BMW Headlights Fast Shipping | BMW Exhaust
    Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
    Check out our BLOG for the latest updates and discounts!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would not do it with the current generation, car is a piece. Last in the segment in my opinion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    I would not do it with the current generation, car is a piece. Last in the segment in my opinion.
    I don't think piece is fair. It's a nice car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I don't see a reason to have an M7. Pretty stupid if you ask me, just lowering the M badge some more.
    It's too late they already are doing M everything. More sense in an M7 than a 760 really.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

An m7 is the only explanation as to why BMW made that new ttv12, since It has very similar numbers to the s62tu. A new tuned version of that ttv12 with around 750 would make sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also my neighbor works for sales in BMW NA. On thanksgiving I busted his balls a little with regards to diluting the M brand. He told me that they want the M brand to be a trim option, like the audi s line. So whether you like it or not, the "m badges for everyone" mentality is here to stay. So $#@! it. Why not an m7.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think there is a market for an M7, even if I can't afford one!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    About damn time...........assuming they follow thru and do it. I mean, an ALPINA B7 would suit me just fine, but they have their issues.

Seemingly not as fast as what the numbers would have one thinking, a little too damn quiet for sweet-sounding exhaust junkies tastes.

And who says the B7 has to disappear and become unavailable..........any more than Lorinser, Brabus, Carlsson, Renntech, etc. have in the presence of MB-AMG for the last 45+ year.

So kudos to the M division, unless they chicken out, of course. Hell, the only thing better than AMG is full-on competition, which eventually brings us - the money holding consumer - even more insane vehicles to choose from.

Any questions?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M5 253 Click here to enlarge
    An m7 is the only explanation as to why BMW made that new ttv12, since It has very similar numbers to the s62tu. A new tuned version of that ttv12 with around 750 would make sense.
    No the explanation for the twin turbo V12 is that keeping the old naturally aspirated V12 around would have required significant work to get it emissions compliant and more efficient not to mention the twin turbo V12 is shared with Rolls Royce.

An M7 would likely utilize a V8.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quote of the year???

"BMW, you have already thrown your own M history out the window, lit it on fire on fire, and then peed on it. An M7 will not change much of anything when you are already selling M SUV's and sticking an M badge on just about anything you can."

Love it. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just don't see why bmw would spend the money to develop a new v12 when they have a v8 that produces comparable numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just don't see why bmw would spend the money to develop a new v12 when they have a v8 that produces comparable numbers.
    I just explained it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No you didn't. The s63tu would have sufficed. Yet they built a new motor. Unless the sole reason was to keep the cylinder count at 12, i see a tuned version in the m7.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can actually get on board with this.... These renderings are kinda ugly though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No you didn't. The s63tu would have sufficed. Yet they built a new motor. Unless the sole reason was to keep the cylinder count at 12, i see a tuned version in the m7.
    So you didn't understand where I said the motor sees double duty for Rolls Royce and that BMW went to turbo motors for efficiency and fuel economy reasons?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    I can actually get on board with this.... These renderings are kinda ugly though
    They are from 2010. I'm not about to make new ones when BMW doesn't even have their mind made up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So you didn't understand where I said the motor sees double duty for Rolls Royce and that BMW went to turbo motors for efficiency and fuel economy reasons?
    Since bmw and rolls share motors, they chose to make a new v12 instead of using an off the shelf v8 with similar figures and improved mpg and emissions. Makes sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since bmw and rolls share motors, they chose to make a new v12 instead of using an off the shelf v8 with similar figures and improved mpg and emissions. Makes sense.
    For a premium brand like Rolls Royce that has prided itself on the V12 and that motor being its heritage it makes absolute sense for it to see double duty in the 760 which also has historically been a V12. There we are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast