Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Open Source Flash

So I tried the BB open source flash and everything went well. The DME read took an anxious 59 min so make sure you laptop doesn't go to sleep, etc. Mine did twice but nothing happened to the DME. Just restarted the BB sw and started over. The read process does not activate the fuel pump so battery drain is not that big of a risk. My car is a 2007 and to my knowledge is still on the original battery. Started right up no problem after probably 1hr 45 min of reading because I fail..
    Once I had the bin file I used tunerpro to modify it and slapped Shiv's stage0 xdf file on it. Double click the last item in the TP tree and clicked patch and the file was made. Saved it as Shivsstg0 and wrote that file back to the DME. That took less than 10 min.
    Car drives nice and smooth with noticeably more kick. I'll be FBO by this winter so I'll move up to the higher levels but I'd really like to start a dialogue on the various tables in that xdf. They are numerous and not necessarily intuitive.

I tried logging with the bavarian technic sw but need some more practice before i can report back. Plus it's after midnight and I just got my 2nd speeding ticket in four months so I'm a little gunshy on the roads near my house. If anyone has advice there, I'm all ears. Hopefully we can start talking about tuning and get a proper procedure for dialing these things in.

The BB sw works great though and I am super thankful and impressed with the skills of Klipsracer and anyone else that helped out. I'd like to contribute anything I can.

One more thing, I'm on a Macbook Air with OSX 10.8 running WinXP on Parallels. No issues with the BB or BT sw.

Whooopp!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What version of the software you running?

The newer version should be faster...

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Don't give me the credit. This was a group effort. You can thank me when I release my android port.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I'm running 1.0.0.4. I was concerned about the time but Terry said that all reads take 50-60 min. It might be slower because I'm using WinXP in Parallels on a Mac. The write wasn't slow. I'm thrilled. For the price of a used BT cable ($160 in my case) I can tune my car and that capability will only improve with time.
    I'm really appreciative to all of those that made this happen. I mentioned Klipsracer because I don't know anyone else that was working on it. In any case, this is a fantastic contribution so thank you to all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow thats pretty cool! Spread the word, the more people that mess with the BB flash, the faster the improvements will come.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    THis is Shiv's video for adding to the xdf files. It's very informative.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Reading the bin is painful, but you only need to do it once. Goes without saying but makes sure you have a good backup of your original bin. Mine is on a thumb drive in my gun safe, my NAS, and also online through backblaze Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So playing around with TP and found the comparison tool. This is a shot of the differences btw Shiv's Stg0 and Stg1 tunes. It's weird to me that there seems to be hex in the places that I would have expected decimalsClick here to enlarge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I was comparing 2 I8AOS bins in hex editor and they are very different, including some of the defined areas. Below is BMW's WG rattle fix (at least what we can see)... I tried this a year ago with my old turbos.

I'd like a hex editor that can permanently highlight various sections, but haven't found one. So we only look in the undefined areas for new stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I was comparing 2 I8AOS bins in hex editor and they are very different, including some of the defined areas. Below is BMW's WG rattle fix (at least what we can see)... I tried this a year ago with my old turbos.

I'd like a hex editor that can permanently highlight various sections, but haven't found one. So we only look in the undefined areas for new stuff.

I suspect some variances between stock BINs as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Still tinkering... The pic below shows the load target and ign adv tables for Shiv's OTS stg1 tune. I have questions about this and would appreciate comments.
    Load more or less equals boost. So increase the load and you'll get more boost and accompanying VANOS timing, fuel, etc. Shiv sets the max load at 190 in the load table but the ign adv table load axis only goes to 180. What is %Air?

Click here to enlarge

The following image is the result of subtracting the stock ign adv from Shiv's Stg1. The changes are pretty small and only at the far end but again, the table only goes to 180. What happens if load actually gets to 190 as indicated in the load table?
    Click here to enlarge

Sorry, this is premature. Lots to dig through...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anything over the max uses the max column.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

%air is an incorrect label, its should read Requested load.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    wow thats pretty cool! Spread the word, the more people that mess with the BB flash, the faster the improvements will come.

x2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To add to this discussion, I compared my stock IJE0S BIN to other stock IJE0S BIN files, and for some strange reason, my Torque Reduction Factor RPM/Temp values were different than the other two stock IJE0S BIN files and also scaled differently.

My Throttle Angle Aggression in Overload table was also different. Very strange stuff Click here to enlarge I guess not all BINs are created equal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    To add to this discussion, I compared my stock IJE0S BIN to other stock IJE0S BIN files, and for some strange reason, my Torque Reduction Factor RPM/Temp values were different than the other two stock IJE0S BIN files and also scaled differently.

My Throttle Angle Aggression in Overload table was also different. Very strange stuff Click here to enlarge I guess not all BINs are created equal.
    Not at all. Rom types have versions.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Not at all. Rom types have versions.
    Now what I would like to figure out is where the logic differs between I8A0S and IJE0S. problem is doing a ROM comparison between those two would prove to be impossible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've got a growing BIN collection including 1M, 335is, and PPK files. So I'm sure I'll get to the bottom of it sooner or later. Up next I need an IJE0S X drive BIN. If anyone has one shoot it over. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I've got a growing BIN collection including 1M, 335is, and PPK files. So I'm sure I'll get to the bottom of it sooner or later. Up next I need an IJE0S X drive BIN. If anyone has one shoot it over. Click here to enlarge
    @psmith95

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @boosted-M

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Terry@BMS, Is there anywhere you can host the bins for download? I'd like to copy the VANOS tables from the 1M.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So this may seem retarded but I'm confused about the comparison tool and the xdf files in TP. When I load Shiv's Stg1 xdf onto my stock bin I get the following table:
    Click here to enlarge
    When I use the comparison tool and select my stock bin I see this.
    Click here to enlarge
    Which one is which? Am I able to see what the actual stock numbers are if I use a Shiv XDF to view them? I don't have an xdf that doesn't have a tune in it - they all came from his OFT download site. Just trying to be clear.
    Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @boom, You should see the stock values if you use his XDF file on a stock bin, but do not apply the patch. Once the patch is applied it "applies" the table changes to your bin file.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    also, are there any possible logging solutions flash only? other than the BT cable I mean.

I think INPA lets you monitor certain things but not save to a log.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have one but don't have the cable... Any other way I can get it to you through the cobb or something like that? Also I won't have my car until the 24th when I get back from vacation. If you still don't have one by then and theres a way for me to do it i'll send it over Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge < Click picture for photoshoot
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast