Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 89
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    119
    Rep Points
    548.6
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    Thumbs up Gintani S65 V8 E92 M3 turbo kit pricing to be in the $15,000-$18,000 range

    Here's some ballpark pricing, we are expecting the kit to be anywhere from $15,000 - $18,000. We are expecting our first casted production manifold to be done this week. Thank you for your patience. We are not trying to pull anybody's chain, by any means. I hope you can understand that this is not a one off kit and will be a full production kit.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sales@Gintani.com Click here to enlarge
    Here's some ballpark pricing, we are expecting the kit to be anywhere from $15,000 - $18,000. We are expecting our first casted production manifold to be done this week. Thank you for your patience. We are not trying to pull anybody's chain, by any means. I hope you can understand that this is not a one off kit and will be a full production kit.
    Man way too much good stuff going on today all at once. Good stuff!

    To be more specific, this is stock internal pricing gentlemen if it was not obvious. Expect 7 psi or so.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,201
    Rep Points
    1,807.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    So pricing will be close/just above your max power, stock motor kits.... But even at 6 psi you can expect more power with a better curve.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    So pricing will be close/just above your max power, stock motor kits.... But even at 6 psi you can expect more power with a better curve.
    Yes, it should free up some power and definitely will have more torque.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,040
    Rep Points
    5,733.7
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58


    Yes Reputation No
    Nice and reasonable price on a TT kit for that car. Can't wait for some actual pics of manifolds and turbos esp some videos.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    15-18k is what? Exhaust manifold, intercooler, turbo's, wastegates etc?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    15-18k is what? Exhaust manifold, intercooler, turbo's, wastegates etc?
    I would assume it's the complete kit...

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Points
    2,657.4
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    lol reasonable by what standard?

    R and D is where the money lies though, and when you are the first and only you can charge whatever you want. IMO that is about as expensive as they possibly could sell it for, but IMO that price is fair.. Just unfortunate its not cheaper so more of them would be running around lol...

    when you think motor built + that kit thats big money for unknown power levels...

    What should these s65s put down with 7-10 psi?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    lol reasonable by what standard?
    What's the pricing on the other E92 M3 turbo kits?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    IMO that is about as expensive as they possibly could sell it for, but IMO that price is fair.. Just unfortunate its not cheaper so more of them would be running around lol...
    I don't think you have any idea how difficult this was. This is years of R and D in the making. And there is a reason they are the only ones.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,040
    Rep Points
    5,733.7
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    lol reasonable by what standard?

    R and D is where the money lies though, and when you are the first and only you can charge whatever you want. IMO that is about as expensive as they possibly could sell it for, but IMO that price is fair.. Just unfortunate its not cheaper so more of them would be running around lol...

    when you think motor built + that kit thats big money for unknown power levels...

    What should these s65s put down with 7-10 psi?
    Reasonable because knowing Gintani and how they have their kits. They don't really cheap out on parts. 2 turbos~3-4k itself maybe even 5k if they option GTX/EFR series. Wastegate and blow off valve 2 of each, 1k at least!. Manifolds 1.5k each most likely so thats another 3k. I just typed out 8k in parts without proper piping, intercooler oil/ coolant lines. any new intakes brackets etc. So I would think parts itself is 10k. I mean, I built a kit for my car twice and each time was 4-5k. I've put over 10k in my car so that's reasonable for an M3.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Pricing is more than reasonable especially when SC kit pricing is factored in for context.

    I can't wait to drive one of these. Will I switch? We'll see.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    972
    Rep Points
    1,406.3
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Reasonable because knowing Gintani and how they have their kits. They don't really cheap out on parts. 2 turbos~3-4k itself maybe even 5k if they option GTX/EFR series. Wastegate and blow off valve 2 of each, 1k at least!. Manifolds 1.5k each most likely so thats another 3k. I just typed out 8k in parts without proper piping, intercooler oil/ coolant lines. any new intakes brackets etc. So I would think parts itself is 10k. I mean, I built a kit for my car twice and each time was 4-5k. I've put over 10k in my car so that's reasonable for an M3.
    I have to agree with you here. Remember they are putting a twin turbo kit on an NA car. This price is really good if it includes EVERYTHING including a tune.

    Think of it this way, when not on sale a regular ole GT28 internal wastegate turbo kit from APR for a 2.0TSI VW would run $5,349. Add on an intercooler - $1,050, intake - $324, and downpipe - $750. That's $7,473, for a 4cylinder 1 turbo application (for a car that is factory turbocharged). So $15-18k for bigger/better turbos, double the everything except intercooler. That's not a bad price at all.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,040
    Rep Points
    5,733.7
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    I have to agree with you here. Remember they are putting a twin turbo kit on an NA car. This price is really good if it includes EVERYTHING including a tune.

    Think of it this way, when not on sale a regular ole GT28 internal wastegate turbo kit from APR for a 2.0TSI VW would run $5,349. Add on an intercooler - $1,050, intake - $324, and downpipe - $750. That's $7,473, for a 4cylinder 1 turbo application (for a car that is factory turbocharged). So $15-18k for bigger/better turbos, double the everything except intercooler. That's not a bad price at all.
    Yep exactly. The thing is that Gintani is not a liked name in the BMW scene, at least not much. Whenever they do something it's usually questioned. With APR, whatever comes out fanbois like us will hop on the scene and trust them haha. 8k for a turbo kit from APR, never in my life.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Yep exactly. The thing is that Gintani is not a liked name in the BMW scene, at least not much. Whenever they do something it's usually questioned. With APR, whatever comes out fanbois like us will hop on the scene and trust them haha. 8k for a turbo kit from APR, never in my life.
    Not likely on certain sites where sponsors pay to essentially attack and disparage them. Wonder why fanboys aren't asking why nobody else is coming out with these if they have so much more skill?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,040
    Rep Points
    5,733.7
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not likely on certain sites where sponsors pay to essentially attack and disparage them. Wonder why fanboys aren't asking why nobody else is coming out with these if they have so much more skill?
    Heh, I know right. they got so much skill and can't come up with their own TT kit. Heck I don't even think I've seen another M3 hit 650whp besides Gintani m3's LOL. oh well Drew did hit 680whp actually so NVM. Still though.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Points
    2,657.4
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What's the pricing on the other E92 M3 turbo kits?



    I don't think you have any idea how difficult this was. This is years of R and D in the making. And there is a reason they are the only ones.

    I really don't .... def uneducated on that front... but i dont think they will have trouble selling it at that price but I bet they would like to ask 20-22 but know it would be a lot less likely to get people to bite at that price ...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    I really don't .... def uneducated on that front... but i dont think they will have trouble selling it at that price but I bet they would like to ask 20-22 but know it would be a lot less likely to get people to bite at that price ...
    This wasn't created for huge money. It's to show who's the best. They're even limiting who can buy it and how many are sold.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,201
    Rep Points
    1,807.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    15-18k is what? Exhaust manifold, intercooler, turbo's, wastegates etc?
    RIGHTTTT...... TWO turbos, manifolds, wastegates, BOVs or DVs incorporated into a revised intake piping to accommodate an FMIC, lots of plumbing/piping for the turbos to function properly, AND tuning on the stock DME (which MaximumPSI just accomplished on the E46 M3).


    Look at the E9x M3 supercharger options (AA Stage 3, VF650/ESS-650 & the Gintani Stage 2); those are all in the ~$16k area and what are you paying for?? ONE supercharger + pulley, supercharger bracket, new belts, a manifold, FMIC or heat exchanger, upgraded injectors and the tune.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Points
    10.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What's the pricing on the other E92 M3 turbo kits?



    I don't think you have any idea how difficult this was. This is years of R and D in the making. And there is a reason they are the only ones.
    hmm...are they really the only one?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by meinauto Click here to enlarge
    hmm...are they really the only one?
    Name others coming to market?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,350
    Rep Points
    2,779.7
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Name others coming to market?
    Click here to enlarge something ive been discussing with a new business friend of mine. Still just thoughts right now.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    160
    Rep Points
    -20.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Name others coming to market?
    DIY?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    685
    Rep Points
    757.3
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Pricing is more than reasonable especially when SC kit pricing is factored in for context.

    I can't wait to drive one of these. Will I switch? We'll see.

    Yea you will switch once you drive one, or at least want toClick here to enlarge

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge something ive been discussing with a new business friend of mine. Still just thoughts right now.
    I enjoy daydreaming too.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    Yea you will switch once you drive one, or at least want toClick here to enlarge
    We'll see, you are probably right.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •