Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Autocar gets to test the 2013 Porsche 991 GT3 and it's glorious

Feeling jealous? You should be, as Autocar got their lucky hands on a 991 GT3. Quick reminder, the 991 GT3 is all new with a 475 horsepower direct injection based flat-6, a 9000 rpm redline, and a PDK gearbox. Essentially, this is the driver's Porsche 911 and as close to driving nirvana as one can get right now from Stuttgart. Ok, the specifications are superb but does the GT3 lose any of its magic by ditching the classic GT1 racing block and the manual transmission?

Click here to enlarge

Hell no. It's freaking spectacular. It's faster, it handles better, it's sharper, it's more efficient, it is simply better. The four wheel steering is no gimmick it sharpens turn in. Some purists may not like the new technology applied but as Autocar states one can not argue with how well it drives. That ultimately is what a Porsche 911 should be about right?

Do I sound like I want one? That's probably because I want one. Any real automotive enthusiast should. Autocar says it best, "This is the best car that Porsche has ever made." Thank you Porsche for continuing to produce real drivers cars.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Feeling jealous? You should be, as Autocar got their lucks hands on a 991 GT3. Quick reminder, the 991 GT3 is all new with a 475 horsepower direct injection based flat-6, a 9000 rpm redline, and a PDK gearbox. Essentially, this is the driver's Porsche 911 and as close to driving nirvana as one can get right now from Stuttgart. Ok, the specifications are superb but does the GT3 lose any of its magic by ditching the classic GT1 racing block and the manual transmission?

Hell no. It's freaking spectacular. It's faster, it handles better, it's sharper, it's more efficient, it is simply better. The four wheel steering is no gimmick it sharpens turn in. Some purists may not like the new technology applied but as Autocar states one can not argue with how well it drives. That ultimately is what a Porsche 911 should be about right?

Do I sound like I want one? That's probably because I want one. Any real automotive enthusiast should. Autocar says it best, "This is the best car that Porsche has ever made." Thank you Porsche for continuing to produce real drivers cars.

Great video - but, "got their lucks"? Proofread once then twice, then three times buddy Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Great video - but, "got their lucks"? Proofread once then twice, then three times buddy Click here to enlarge
    I write too fast...

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Steve has driven just about every sports car under the sun. For him to claim it is the best sports car he has ever driven, is very high praise.