Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

FBO 335i Vs C6 ZO6 Stock Who would win?

Local guy hit me up wanting to run his Z06 Vs my 335i, Curious has anyone ran one with there 335? Or what should the outcome be?

My cars mods:
    Down pipes
    Intercooler
    JB4 G5 ISO
    30% E85
    100% Meth
    Intakes

19 Psi through Stock turbos
    about 50 pounds in weight reduction lol..

His car, Stock C6 Z06.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you'll lose.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've raced a bolt on C6 Z06 (~500rw) in my 135i in the 1/2 mile and at 440rw I lost by ~1-2 cars, and at 510rw won by ~1 car.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    rbs you stand a chance stock turbos forget it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    race him from 3rd gear 75mph, don't forget to post the vid

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I've raced a bolt on C6 Z06 (~500rw) in my 135i in the 1/2 mile and at 440rw I lost by ~1-2 cars, and at 510rw won by ~1 car.

your 135i weighs at minimum 300 lbs less than his 335i without factoring in unsprung weight. details. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    your 135i weighs at minimum 300 lbs less than his 335i without factoring in unsprung weight. details. Click here to enlarge
    My race weight is 3475# w/ me at 1/4 tank of gas. Not sure what the OP weighs but what really matters is how much power he's making and whether he's an AT or MT. If he's an AT using the bms flash (no flatline) then hey might only lose by a couple cars. If it's an MT he will lose by bus lengths. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My race weight is 3475# w/ me at 1/4 tank of gas. Not sure what the OP weighs but what really matters is how much power he's making and whether he's an AT or MT. If he's an AT using the bms flash (no flatline) then hey might only lose by a couple cars. If it's an MT he will lose by bus lengths. Click here to enlarge

my race weight would be around 3780 lbs full weight on stock wheels. but yes real world having proper advance in the higher gears is worth 1 to 1.5 cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I will post videos. I am AT, no bms flash yet. Going to go to EAS on Monday to dyno the car before the run... I am also have 19lbs 19" rims with PS2's ... Will try to do some other weight reduction to help out. Light weight battery is on its way, and I have a Actual Real Carbin fiber hood which freed up some weight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge
    I will post videos. I am AT, no bms flash yet. Going to go to EAS on Monday to dyno the car before the run... I am also have 19lbs 19" rims with PS2's ... Will try to do some other weight reduction to help out. Light weight battery is on its way, and I have a Actual Real Carbin fiber hood which freed up some weight.
    Sounds good. If using E50 or higher map 7 is a pretty good map to max out the factory turbos. Meth will flow on map 7. Shift around 6200rpm.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds good. If using E50 or higher map 7 is a pretty good map to max out the factory turbos. Meth will flow on map 7. Shift around 6200rpm.

little observation:

if I shift at 5900 rpms I can actually get full advance post shift. shift around 6200 it becomes 9 degrees (3 degree correction) and anything north of 6500 is 6 or 7 degrees depending on gear. dont know why that is but its interesting. I doubt shifting the higher gears at 5900 has much of an impact over 6200. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my race weight would be around 3780 lbs full weight on stock wheels. but yes real world having proper advance in the higher gears is worth 1 to 1.5 cars.
    Our E92 IIRC was 3550# 100% stock only with downpipes, but it's an MT so I think those are a few pounds lighter than ATs. We've since added lighter rims, a lighter flywheel, and plan to throw in a 21# battery. Will need to rescale it but hopefully can get it down to 3450# pre-driver "stock looking". Which would put it at 3675# w/ me, helmet, and laptop. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Will do, So I shouldn't have to touch meth boost additive on map 7? What Is boost set at for that map? Sorry for questions i am normally always running map 3 boost additive at 60 ish.

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    little observation:

if I shift at 5900 rpms I can actually get full advance post shift. shift around 6200 it becomes 9 degrees (3 degree correction) and anything north of 6500 is 6 or 7 degrees depending on gear. dont know why that is but its interesting. I doubt shifting the higher gears at 5900 has much of an impact over 6200. Click here to enlarge
    It has to do with the torque path within the DME. It's slightly random. I've tried several things but decided just to give up trying to improve it until Cobb unlocks more maps. But FWIW I found 6100ish to work best all around via VBOX testing. The gear spread is also a factor.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Will do, So I shouldn't have to touch meth boost additive on map 7? What Is boost set at for that map? Sorry for questions i am normally always running map 3 boost additive at 60 ish.

Thanks
    Right just set the boost safety to 20psi to keep it out of the way. Map 7 targets 18.5psi peak, turns on the meth pump, but ignores the additive. It's very effective with stock turbos when you have E85 + meth.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Most stock Z06 make 440-460whp from what I been reading. What is the weight of those things?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Most stock Z06 make 440-460whp from what I been reading. What is the weight of those things?

31xx lbs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You be losing south of 3500 lbs and/or 500+ rwhp. Sorry.

Not a vette fan but the Z06 in stock form is impressive. The curb weight is low on the 3k scale. At a SCCA weigh in event in years past a stockish Z06 weighed in at 3225 with driver.

You can't deceive F = M*A

Newton is a mother $#@!er.
    Last edited by MisterEm; 06-07-2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: my poor grammar

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the info guys. I will make sure to video this when its done this early next week. Time to order my carbin fiber trunk LOL. Need as much weight reduction as possible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You on stock turbos from a roll means the Z06 will win. If it's from a dig and the other driver has a mild case of Down's syndrome and you get a good 2nd gear launch you'll probably be able to hold him off for a 1/4 mile.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My brother has a stock Z06. He would always beat me when I was FBO+meth on stock turbos. In the 1/4, it could be possible for you to beat him (just not likely), on the highway no chance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've held a couple off with a good second gear start but at the end of the 1/4 they were charging hard. That was FBO+meth and a 75add. If they have drag radials from a dig you'll lose. I've had a couple myself and they both beat my 335 in the quarter with just exhaust and dr's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What do they run stock 1/4mile?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What do they run stock 1/4mile?
    mid 11s @123?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stage 2 turbos should change that story right?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast