Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My BT MKV GTI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

My BT MKV GTI

Hello, I did an introduction thread already and Sticky suggested I throw up a description thread so here goes, I hope its in the right place.

Believe it or not some of you have already seen me if you watch any videos from Bigdnno98, Im the Matte Grey 06 GTI who is always getting pounded on by his 335i or now a days his EVO. This being the most recent slaughter thread

http://www.vwboost.com/showthread.ph...e+GTX3076r+GTI

So on to a little descrption, I had an ESS TS2 Z4 3.0i with about 315 whp and I absolutly LOVED it. I didnt care about going super fast or having the most HP, owning a Z4 isnt/wasn't about that. Well oneday I come home and my wife hands me a bomb and says guess what, you need something with a back seat! "Well that $#@!ing sucks" was the first thing I said, not the best moment but ya. SO I search around for a GLI b.c i had had one before deployment, why i sold it i dont know, but I liked em. I stumbled apon a "APR Stage IV GTI" out of curiosity I look, thinking it will be outta my price range. Well to make a long story short I ending up getting the car. I woo'd him and basically did everything but suck his man bits to get this deal, which was a hell of a deal.

So, on to some pics;

Click here to enlarge

One of my favorite shots, its from my buddies gopro on his Z4M

Click here to enlarge

Things were good but I had to replace the brembo rotors and I redid the interior in suede, not to bad for my 1st time but it not perfect. Did all the trim in DiNoc CF wrap (side project if anyone needs it done, I'm the goto guy) The I started to get a boost leak, come to find out it was from the turbo, so I says to the wife, I can get a stock one for "x" amount or upgrade for a little bit more and pay "x" amount. She gave me the go ahead for the upgrade! Click here to enlarge

So out with the old T25 tubular mani and turbo

Click here to enlarge

Side by side GT2871R vs GTX3076R
    (I could have gone with a bigger compressor housing but i was doing a budget friendly build so I kept it the same as the GT28)

Click here to enlarge

Exhaust side is a bit different

Click here to enlarge

After a few issues with wrong ECU's I finally got a correct one and shes been running strong ever sense. Theres still plenty of tuning to do, but the cord is $350 which I dont have at the moment so logging will have to wait.

So aside from getting beatin up by Mikes EVO I usually dont have much to worry about around the Ft Campbell area.

Phill

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stickey, you had some questions?

Also here is my old Z4

Click here to enlarge

An exhaust clip

Miss that damn thing!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice car! Who is doing your tuning?

This was APR's in house car right? So fully built with head right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    Nice car! Who is doing your tuning?

This was APR's in house car right? So fully built with head right?

John from .DoTuning, yes this was their inhouse car, fully built bottom and top!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sick bro, I love that flame shot. BTW you got retuned by APR with your new GTX series or are you still on the same tune as the 2871?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Sick bro, I love that flame shot. BTW you got retuned by APR with your new GTX series or are you still on the same tune as the 2871?
    Thanks! New tune from John from .DoTuning, its only at about 440-450 whp right now, I just got the LPFP in the mail yesturday and will hopefully be hooking it up this weekend, do some logs with my buddies vagcom send those to john and he sends me an updated ecu. I wish he could send it in a file through email, and up load it directly, oh well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well while my car is down I'm sure Eli wouldn't mine some comparison runs with the 135i Click here to enlarge I ordered the downpipes yesterday. I just need him to pick up a CP so I can hook the meth up. I think it'll be close then.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Well while my car is down I'm sure Eli wouldn't mine some comparison runs with the 135i Click here to enlarge I ordered the downpipes yesterday. I just need him to pick up a CP so I can hook the meth up. I think it'll be close then.
    You wanna hook mine up too then!?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sure. Next weekend is booked up. I should be free the weekend after though.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    dammn 450whp is just nasttyy.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1Zed4 Click here to enlarge
    Stickey, you had some questions?
    I was more admiring and felt your car deserves a thread.

Dig the matte paint, very nice. The pic with the flames also deserves props.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Word! Thanks! The flames are even bigger now, just need to get them on camera!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Update!

Ok I will soon be picking up a modified LPFP and RS4 Injectors for my GTI, Ill get those installed and retune it some time in the next few weeks.

For now Ill have to get the car ready for the Michigan Mile! I'm hoping for a 32-35 sec mile.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool that the RS4 injectors are a straight fit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Cool that the RS4 injectors are a straight fit.
    Yea only for FSI engine though, not the TSI. Needs tuning though of course.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Yea only for FSI engine though, not the TSI. Needs tuning though of course.
    I see but still cool! What do those injectors support?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I see but still cool! What do those injectors support?
    Not sure at all, for now I don't think it's a limitation for them. Maybe 600+whp support.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    we're experimenting with meth too Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice ride! In for a dynograph.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    RS4's are good for about 600- 650 max and my turbo (GTX3076R) is good for 640. Ill be happy with 500+ but ill always accept more HP if I cna get it. Before I go anywhere near that range Ill have to get a new clutch disk b/c mine MIGHT be on its way out, no slipping or anything but IDK when it was put it. Its a South Bend Stage IV clutch good for 650tq. I MIGHT have to wait till Aug to get on a dyno though, not sure. Ill be hooking up the Meth this weekend to see it it works out for me!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    RS4's are good for about 600- 650 max and my turbo (GTX3076R) is good for 640. Ill be happy with 500+ but ill always accept more HP if I cna get it. Before I go anywhere near that range Ill have to get a new clutch disk b/c mine MIGHT be on its way out, no slipping or anything but IDK when it was put it. Its a South Bend Stage IV clutch good for 650tq. I MIGHT have to wait till Aug to get on a dyno though, not sure. Ill be hooking up the Meth this weekend to see it it works out for me!
    That sounds promising. I'm excited to see a dynograph, that gtx should be monster.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how'd meth go? what set up are you running?

I have all 4 runners tapped, still need to fix the issue with my charge pipe nozzle and get some checkvalves to run the system constantly. At 60/40 even on the stock turbo on the TSI you feel that $#@! when it kicks in. Ran it Friday for the first time in months and instantly remembered what torque steer is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's a coolingmist stage 3 kit with a snow 500ml/min nozzle. It has the coolingmist FSB and VC2 controller with the 2.2GAL tank.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How did you wire up the FSB to work? I know it's a bit different when working with a flash as opposed to day a jb4?
    the vc2 seems pretty awesome, I'm using their CMGS gauge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    bigdnno98 can tell you better than me, I basically watched! Hahaha I've been preoccupied with getting my transmission swap done for the Michigan Mile that I havent even tested the meth out yet! I will tomorrow though as soon as I figure out the 50/50 ratio.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast