Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    So when is this happening? I love Chevy's, always have. Of course I love the bimmer, but I do DD a Silverado. Nice build! Looking forward to results.
    Haha, should be all done mid Aug.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's pretty damn cool.
    Oh hey I should be getting to chevyboost.com shortly btw.
    Yessir! That sounds awesome, you know what you can throw up on front page news. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    18 Days and counting till built motor with cams and my turbo problems fixed!
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Built motor with cams... you should be one happy camper.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Built motor with cams... you should be one happy camper.
    Your status will be mine in a couple weeks. Don't forget finally redline is moved form 6.2 to 7.5! Click here to enlarge I'm going to be real happy, can't wait for my car to feel like the beast it once was.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Didn't realize the stock redline was so low.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Didn't realize the stock redline was so low.
    Turbo cars are usually low for some reason. Idk evo motors rev and redline at like 9k it's nuts.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Turbo cars are usually low for some reason. Idk evo motors rev and redline at like 9k it's nuts.
    Not all turbo cars... but mostly yes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    15 days!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Update:

My car has a new problem LMFAO. I'm just so used to it and sick of it, I just laugh. I don't know what else to do. I hear horrible noise under throttle. I can't tell if it's an exhaust leak or a bad turbo bearing. I still spool the same psi the same etc.
    I removed the intake and checked the wheel for shaft play and there was non on the turbo. It all seemed fine. I'm guessing it's a bad exhaust leak and the reason why I always had such slow spool...

Anyways I just hope it's nothing major that I need to order cause my tuners only going to be here for a couple days :/.

Got all oil for both cars, 10w-40 for the built motor break in period and regular 5w-30 synthetic for the motor I'm giving my tuner.
    2 gallons of coolant, hopefully I don't need more :/ lol.
    Freeon gas as well, that $#@! isn't cheap. All that for two cars are ready.
    I got my cams/ valvesprings and titanium retainers here along with the special tool I ordered that we needed.

Payed him the down payment to get him down here. He will leave Kentucky Tuesday, and he claims he'll be here Thursday night. I don't know how he can drive that long n $#@! without sleep LOL. I say Friday morning maybe but w/e.

The motor swap is going to be on the 18th Sunday I reserved the shop with two lifts. So in the two days we're kicking it we're going to do some diagnostics etc. We'll see if we can figure the problem outside so we'll be ready for it at the shop and not waste time. He said we can even do the cams and valvespring install on Saturday so $#@! it.. why not save time.

I just hope this is it and there are no more problems. Please wish me luck I really don't know what else to do and I really don't want to sell the car Click here to enlarge. Every time I think negative I think of you @Sticky. This has happened to you on a bigger level and for a lot longer, I'm at least driving my car. I know how you feel man, it really sucks.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Update:

My car has a new problem LMFAO. I'm just so used to it and sick of it, I just laugh. I don't know what else to do. I hear horrible noise under throttle. I can't tell if it's an exhaust leak or a bad turbo bearing. I still spool the same psi the same etc.
    I removed the intake and checked the wheel for shaft play and there was non on the turbo. It all seemed fine. I'm guessing it's a bad exhaust leak and the reason why I always had such slow spool...

Anyways I just hope it's nothing major that I need to order cause my tuners only going to be here for a couple days :/.

Got all oil for both cars, 10w-40 for the built motor break in period and regular 5w-30 synthetic for the motor I'm giving my tuner.
    2 gallons of coolant, hopefully I don't need more :/ lol.
    Freeon gas as well, that $#@! isn't cheap. All that for two cars are ready.
    I got my cams/ valvesprings and titanium retainers here along with the special tool I ordered that we needed.

Payed him the down payment to get him down here. He will leave Kentucky Tuesday, and he claims he'll be here Thursday night. I don't know how he can drive that long n $#@! without sleep LOL. I say Friday morning maybe but w/e.

The motor swap is going to be on the 18th Sunday I reserved the shop with two lifts. So in the two days we're kicking it we're going to do some diagnostics etc. We'll see if we can figure the problem outside so we'll be ready for it at the shop and not waste time. He said we can even do the cams and valvespring install on Saturday so $#@! it.. why not save time.

I just hope this is it and there are no more problems. Please wish me luck I really don't know what else to do and I really don't want to sell the car Click here to enlarge. Every time I think negative I think of you @Sticky. This has happened to you on a bigger level and for a lot longer, I'm at least driving my car. I know how you feel man, it really sucks.
    Meh life could be worse. It's cars people worry about this $#@! than they should.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Got all parts ready to go. Swap is happening in the morning. Going to sleep for the next 5 hours. I'll update and upload pics at night. Wish me luck guys!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Motor swap took longer than expected LOL as usual nothing goes as planned. Well my tuner came through as you all know.

He definitely knows what he's doing. We got to the shop in Baldwin park called Your dream garage. Wow that place has everything you need. It was pretty big and the owners are one of the nicest people. They welcome you like it's your garage, and you're the owner. Anyways, here are some pics and details on the whole swap.

Click here to enlarge

My tuner was like okay, you start on yours and I'll start mine. I'm like uhhhh what? Idk how to do $#@!. He looks at me like... oh crap this is not going to be easy. He told me to start taking out all wiring and harness etc. So I did.

Click here to enlarge

When I finally got all the harness off like so:

Click here to enlarge

He was already doing this...

Click here to enlarge

And pulled the whole motor/cradle out in less than 2 $#@!ing hours. Everyone at the shop was like... who the hell is this guy!?

Click here to enlarge

I'm struggling to take out all the cradle bolts, engine mounts, and the damn heater hoses behind the engine holy crap that was hard. He's there changing the TOB/clutch slave and cleaning it up.

Click here to enlarge

I finally get the engine out after 6 hours... Look at that fat sexy turbo. BTW, the first guy installed my turbo totally $#@!ed up the wastegate so we had to align it and add more preload. And, I had a huge exhaust leak because 3 out of 4 bolts were loose on the exhaust mani connecting to the turbo. I believe those were my problems from before with boosting etc.

Click here to enlarge

There was a TT z06 getting some stuff done by the owner. It was pretty $#@!ing badass 800whp in a z06
    is nuts.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I helped my tuner with the head and stuff even tho I didn't know $#@!. The tools we had were magnetic so it was very hard for him to do the valvepsrings. We had to remove the head and do it that way. We did that on day 2 which was never planned. This was all supposed to be done on sunday.

Click here to enlarge

You can see the Wiseco forged pistons, barely broken in 3k miles on the motor. You can still see some clean spots on the piston. You can see the darton sleeves in there as well!

Click here to enlarge

Finally swapped the motors:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

After doing so we finished up my tuners car first to get it off the lift this is the third day BTW. Same clothes as day 1 and everything. Non of this was planned to go longer than sunday so we were $#@! tired on the third day. We were done at like 2.

We ran into a problem when we went for a test drive... looks like the CV join in the axle broke and binded over night and broke. One on my car and one on his.

Click here to enlarge

You can see the oil around the joint etc. So we had to special order these parts, i took off my other good axle and gave it to my tuner. He had to leave to northcal but he might come back to check up if I need anything. I ordered 2 new axles and I'm going to put it all in myself.

I've learned so much in these past 3 days it's unbelievable. This is truly a one time life experience I will never forget. Before this if someone asked me to put the axle in i'd be like uhh no. After what I did, I'm confident I can put the axle it. Easy 30 minute job haha.

Anyways, here is the first start up of the beast. The car is soo much louder/beefier deeper. It sounds like a monster, I can't wait to drive it and tune it and feel the real boost!

Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok so basically done?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok so basically done?
    Yes and no. Motor is done and put in the car yes. Ordered axles overnight shipping should be here Friday. The car is still at the shop just needs the new axles. Once that is in, it is done. Just need to tune it.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

No more leaks. Fixed all issues that I knew of. Now I have 90 miles on engine since it has been in my car. I will ride it out for a few hundred miles as I tune and break it in. I'm very excited.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome. Sounds like a good learning experience as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    Awesome. Sounds like a good learning experience as well.
    Oh yea, it was an experience for sure.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Need some help figuring something out.. I'm in the process of tuning and I'm looking at my MAF lbs/min. For some reason the keep jumping up and down and very skewed. I want to know what you guys think of this. Here is a little pic from my log and you can see the pull from when I floored it etc. @Terry@BMS @dzenno@PTF @BoostAddict

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man reading the last couple updates were pretty cool!! Very interesting to see the pics and read comments as well..

I'm glad the car is running and to hear your heading a much better direction since no fly zone!! Best of luck bro

P.S. If you dont mind me asking, how much did dream garage charge you for the daily rate?
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    Man reading the last couple updates were pretty cool!! Very interesting to see the pics and read comments as well..pI'm glad the car is running and to hear your heading a much better direction since no fly zone!! Best of luck bro P.S. If you dont mind me asking, how much did dream garage charge you for the daily rate?
    Yea i hope so lol. Now i just gotta finish tuning haha. Well they charge 225 each lift for 12 hours. I got two lifts for 3 days lol so they gave me a great deal. If you dont need a lift they have jacks etc. Its cheaper and they have hourky rates. It was a great shop. I will definitely go there again.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea i hope so lol. Now i just gotta finish tuning haha. Well they charge 225 each lift for 12 hours. I got two lifts for 3 days lol so they gave me a great deal. If you dont need a lift they have jacks etc. Its cheaper and they have hourky rates. It was a great shop. I will definitely go there again.
    Great to know thanks for the response...I have a few jacks and a garage to work so I usually do my own work...But just curious for larger jobs that ill need in the future like turbo swap and clutch/flywheel swap where I dont have all the tools and would prefer a lift Click here to enlarge

Back to your project....I'm assuming the "tuner" you mentioned above who did the engine swap, is also going to do the engine tuning as well? Is it going to be remotely/e-tuning or is he coming back to socal to get on a dyno as well? How much experience does he have with your motor
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    Great to know thanks for the response...I have a few jacks and a garage to work so I usually do my own work...But just curious for larger jobs that ill need in the future like turbo swap and clutch/flywheel swap where I dont have all the tools and would prefer a lift Click here to enlarge

Back to your project....I'm assuming the "tuner" you mentioned above who did the engine swap, is also going to do the engine tuning as well? Is it going to be remotely/e-tuning or is he coming back to socal to get on a dyno as well? How much experience does he have with your motor
    Yea, that shop is the place to go for big stuff like that if you know what you're doing. You'll save so much money LOL.

Yes, he does the engine tuning. He has been tuning me for a while not. Tuned me on stock turbo, then the EFR that I had that blew lol, and this current one. He customized this turbo for me so I can install it and use it like stock location bolt on. The guy that installed it just messed everything up. I brought him out here to fix the issue and I bought his motor cause it's fully built. I had cams n valve springs here so he installed them too. The plan was to swap in 1 day and tune theother 2 days in person. The swap took 3 days so we couldn't go any further. I'm remote logging/tuning right now as I have always been doing with him. He's very familiar with my motor and a lot of others as well.

Right now were tuning for 91 octane. Once we get this down and fully strapped I will move on to e85. We will do 2 different e85 files. One for a DD low boost, and another for high boost kill mode if fueling allows. If not I will have to mix e85 and 100 octane etc.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast