Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome build thread. You will have quite the 'sleeper' if you can hold it straight. I'm assuming that's why you want an LSD?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bighorns Click here to enlarge
    Awesome build thread. You will have quite the 'sleeper' if you can hold it straight. I'm assuming that's why you want an LSD?
    With my last big turbo set up, I thought I would need the LSD. It's been holding up and going straight with ease. So for now, I'm going to save up for a motor build. I need the insurance with a turbo this big.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn, haven't updated in a while..

So, wastegate and boost problem. Not fixed, we tightened wastegate all the way down and 100% Wastegate duty cycles so I'm guessing it's not that cause the wastegate wont even open anymore and I'm still not boosting. Then we did a boost leak test. Found a little leak from the MAF relocate. Tightened it up more. Then found another at another senor etc. Fix one another one happens. So I'm going to silicon all the MAF/MAP sensors on the charge piping etc. @Terry@BMS Since you're a local, do you have a garage/place where I can pay you to check it out for me If I can't figure it out with my mechanic. He's not turbo savvy so it's me telling him what to do etc. It's just been killing me not being able to feel my actual turbo set up lol.

PS, to add to this build. I just bought cams and a larger fuel lobe. I need valve springs next. Then I'll be able to broaden my rev range from 6.2k rpm redline to 7.5k redline. Cams will allow more air flow so I will spool sooner and be able to rev longer. So I increase my powerband from both sides of the graph. Annnddd, I will have fuel lobe which will aid in more fuel! 550whp here I come!
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    n54 or s65 time..... lol sorry
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    why?
    power to weight. His car is less than 3000lbs in DD trim. take out spare/jack/rear seat/passenger seat. With 550whp, this thing will eat up most n54 and s65 (of course VTT/Vishnu ST n54, and supercharged s65 excluded)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Soon enough lol. I'm looking for e90 n54 6speed. For now though, my car is a sure sleeper.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    why?
    power to weight. His car is less than 3000lbs in DD trim. take out spare/jack/rear seat/passenger seat. With 550whp, this thing will eat up most n54 and s65 (of course VTT/Vishnu ST n54, and supercharged s65 excluded)
    Mhmm, lol. Even with 550whp I can easily keep up with some of those SC s65 and stage 3 n54's.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Haven't updated in a while... Tomorrow I'm going to go and do the charge pipe work myself. My buddy Alerosaint is helping me out and hooking me up with the lift. Hopefully this fixes the issue or at least we can figure it out etc.

Anyways... you know you're addicted to modding when you buy another mod even though your car isn't fixed yet LOL. I bought some used cams with the large fuel lobe. Next is some valvesprings, rods and pistons. 600whp maybe? Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hope you get there! I might be shootin for that number too!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1Zed4 Click here to enlarge
    Hope you get there! I might be shootin for that number too!
    Thanks man, it's not an easy task lol.

BTW, the leak was from the MAF sensor. Alerosaint and I pulled out the charge pipe and pulled all the sensors. We literally went crazy with black silicone. No $#@! around, I'm not trying to waste time. We did it legit. I haven't built any boost yet as I'm letting it cure. Most likely Sunday I'll give it a go and hopefully that solves all my problems and I can begin real tuning. If this doesn't work, I think I'm going to give up LMAO.

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Update, I fixed the leak now I'm boosting 23 psi but that's at like redline. I need to hit 24 at like 4.5k rpm instead of 6k LOL. So I'm guessing it's a wastegate issue now. Nobody wants to work on my car and I don't know what else to do. I've been in contact with my tuner and I'm paying him 4500 to come down to cali from kentucky. We're going to do a motor swap since his is built and hes going to install my cams and valve springs for free and fix my issue. So in the end, I'll have a built motor with my cams and valve springs installed. I'll have my turbo kit fixed. Best of all, I'll be getting tuned in person so no more waiting. I will tune fore 91 DD. E85 DD and e85/110 kill mode. I'll dyno both 91 DD and e85/110 kill mode. I'm going to guess a nice 400whp for 91 DD 21 psi and 550whp on e85/110 kill mode 31 psi. Please wish me luck as I'm going crazy dumping so much $#@!ing money in this car. It all should be done by end of Aug.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Nobody wants to work on my car
    Why not?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why not?
    Shop-"Yea we can fix it, boost leak, wastegate you name it."
    Me-"That's awesome man, I don't know where else to go and I'm lost at this point."
    Shop-"So what car do you have?"
    Me-" Cobalt SS"
    Shop-"We really don't have time right now, but if you want to call us back in a month or so."

Be honest, when I say cobalt it sounds like a joke. Nobody would think that my car would be in a 500-700hp range, so they take it as a joke... I can't blame them but w/e.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shop-"Yea we can fix it, boost leak, wastegate you name it."
    Me-"That's awesome man, I don't know where else to go and I'm lost at this point."
    Shop-"So what car do you have?"
    Me-" Cobalt SS"
    Shop-"We really don't have time right now, but if you want to call us back in a month or so."

Be honest, when I say cobalt it sounds like a joke. Nobody would think that my car would be in a 500-700hp range, so they take it as a joke... I can't blame them but w/e.
    I'm sure one of our vendors can help you.

That shop you called did a quick 180...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure one of our vendors can help you.

That shop you called did a quick 180...
    Eh.. I mean they could but idk. I don't want to waste time or annoy if they don't want to work on my car. Half the shops I called just had an excuse once I said cobalt.

No worries though, the date is set for Aug 16. Built motor, cams valvesprings and big turbo fixed. Oh yea, I'm getting his transmission and his clutch too. He has an LSJ tranny with shorter gears, and a stage 4 clutch. 550whp with an 8k rev limit sounds pretty good to me in a 2900 lbs car.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If I'm ever in "The Valley" this fall I won't mess with any black Cobalts! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bighorns Click here to enlarge
    If I'm ever in "The Valley" this fall I won't mess with any black Cobalts! Click here to enlarge
    Haha, it would be fun!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Got my Valve springs in with titanium retainers yesterday... Will be installed on Aug 17th along with the Cams on a built motor and my turbo issue fixed. My tuner will be arriving Aug 16, to do all of this for me. I'm shooting for 550whp, I dont know if I'll have enough fuel for that but w/e. We'll see.

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Got my Valve springs in with titanium retainers yesterday... Will be installed on Aug 17th along with the Cams on a built motor and my turbo issue fixed. My tuner will be arriving Aug 16, to do all of this for me. I'm shooting for 550whp, I dont know if I'll have enough fuel for that but w/e. We'll see.

Click here to enlarge
    So you got someone to do all the work?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He is flying his 'tuner' in to do a built engine swap, install cams and stuff, and fix his turbo issues from what I understand.

So is 7.5 the highest you can rev? Is anyone reving higher?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Flying someone in? Really?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Flying someone in? Really?
    Baller status DUH!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    He is flying his 'tuner' in to do a built engine swap, install cams and stuff, and fix his turbo issues from what I understand.

So is 7.5 the highest you can rev? Is anyone reving higher?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1Zed4 Click here to enlarge
    Baller status DUH!
    I wish I was baller lol, a shop would cost twice that to build and get ready for me etc. @Sticky, my tuner is coming down here to help me. As @Torgus described he is correct except I'm paying him to drive here LOL. He doesn't fly anymore because of a crash he was in with one before so I understand.. that's nuts.

Anyways, he's going to drive down here on his fresh built motor. So it will break in as well on the way here, 2300 miles later LOL. I'm going to a garage that lets you rent out and work on car etc. It's in baldwin park called UrDreamGarage so I'll be renting a stall out for 12 hours. I will help him with the swap and the cams n valves install etc. We will figure out the problem with my turbo and everything.

He has forged pistons, rods, and sleeves. The rods, sleeves and crankshaft are cryoed. I will add on cams with larger fuel lobe and valvesprings. We're going to drop the whole crate from what he said so it will be much easier. I'm also buying his transmission with shorter gear ratio, and a stage 4 clutch.

I will be tuned on 91, e85, for DD. E85/110 for kill mode.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So when is this happening? I love Chevy's, always have. Of course I love the bimmer, but I do DD a Silverado. Nice build! Looking forward to results.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm going to a garage that lets you rent out and work on car etc. It's in baldwin park called UrDreamGarage so I'll be renting a stall out for 12 hours.
    That's pretty damn cool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh hey I should be getting to chevyboost.com shortly btw.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast