Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It will get done. I know exactly how to go about it and how I want it to work. I'm just going to have no life.

im just saying...youve got 1 of the top 5 most powerful Vs in the world on your site....id try to see if you can reel one or 2 more in
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    im just saying...youve got 1 of the top 5 most powerful Vs in the world on your site....id try to see if you can reel one or 2 more in
    It's definitely good to have. I'm just going to have to figure out how to update an additional 5+ sites at the same time. I mean whatever, I'll sleep on my yacht when this is all over and done with years from now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you better believe it....the mags already say the ATS handles better than the F30, now is likely gonna have more power than the m3 on top of that
    Oh come on. Do you really take that serious? That's marketing fluff imo. Click here to enlarge I am not going around wearing a tin foil hat, but a chassis developed in a few years is not going to beat something that's been honed over many decades... Yeah, I am sure Cadillac stuck some sticky tires on the car and it pulled a high static G number, but actual overall handling? Not a chance. And then to compare it with an M3 because of a similar peak power number? Dude, that's ridiculous. I am just saying - it's kinda like the M5 vs CTS-V thing, yes they have similar numbers - but drive both and see what "handles" better. I am curious about the ATS-V, but would never cross shop the thing with a BMW. That's just ridiculous no matter what the magazines say.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Oh come on. Do you really take that serious? That's marketing fluff imo. Click here to enlarge I am not going around wearing a tin foil hat, but a chassis developed in a few years is not going to beat something that's been honed over many decades... Yeah, I am sure Cadillac stuck some sticky tires on the car and it pulled a high static G number, but actual overall handling? Not a chance. And then to compare it with an M3 because of a similar peak power number? Dude, that's ridiculous. I am just saying - it's kinda like the M5 vs CTS-V thing, yes they have similar numbers - but drive both and see what "handles" better.

ive driven an e60 M5...for a whole week actually....i will take my V over the M5 in terms of person to road feedback....

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ive driven an e60 M5...for a whole week actually....i will take my V over the M5 in terms of person to road feedback....
    Over the steering feel of the E60? Really?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Over the steering feel of the E60? Really?

oh ya....i was actually surprised myself....but i much more preferred the steering feedback of the V from the e60

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's nuts... I have driven both, and would say the exact opposite - and that they are not even on the same page. Do a quick lane change (100+ MPH) with both cars - not sure how you can say this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's nuts... I have driven both, and would say the exact opposite - and that they are not even on the same page. Do a quick lane change (100+ MPH) with both cars - not sure how you can say this.
    ive done lane changes in my V with the stock suspension over 150 and that thing is planted into the ground....the e60 was too but i felt alot more connected....granted it was obviously a lil more rough but thats the way i like it....

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    oh ya....i was actually surprised myself....but i much more preferred the steering feedback of the V from the e60
    I have to disagree on this strongly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have to disagree on this strongly.
    you can have an opinion all you want...you cant really disagree with my own preference

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you can have an opinion all you want...you cant really disagree with my own preference
    No I can not just saying I disagree.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree with everyone. Great motor, just not great looks (YET).

Can't wait to see the test when they come out!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This has me thinking what they will do with the coupe now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ive done lane changes in my V with the stock suspension over 150 and that thing is planted into the ground....the e60 was too but i felt alot more connected....granted it was obviously a lil more rough but thats the way i like it....
    I am honestly curious if what I drove was soft for some cause... You have your car currently? To keep things safe, how about we both shoot a video of a left-right-left-right (double) nearly full lane change going 60 (150 is insane, neither of our cars are going to do a "quick" double lane change safely at this speed - there is no way) - as quick as possible without killing yourself or others. Now, I am driving an M3, and must say that the E60 was not as darty or planted, but it was leap years better than the V that I drove. You down for a video showdown? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I am honestly curious if what I drove was soft for some cause... You have your car currently? To keep things safe, how about we both shoot a video of a left-right-left-right (double) nearly full lane change going 60 (150 is insane, neither of our cars are going to do a "quick" double lane change safely at this speed - there is no way) - as quick as possible without killing yourself or others. Now, I am driving an M3, and must say that the E60 was not as darty or planted, but it was leap years better than the V that I drove. You down for a video showdown? Click here to enlarge
    cant play until may6th....thats when the car gets tuned....until then just break in miles.....and right now the car isnt even ready to start.....its got lines and hoses to run first

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Oh come on. Do you really take that serious? That's marketing fluff imo. Click here to enlarge I am not going around wearing a tin foil hat, but a chassis developed in a few years is not going to beat something that's been honed over many decades... Yeah, I am sure Cadillac stuck some sticky tires on the car and it pulled a high static G number, but actual overall handling? Not a chance. And then to compare it with an M3 because of a similar peak power number? Dude, that's ridiculous. I am just saying - it's kinda like the M5 vs CTS-V thing, yes they have similar numbers - but drive both and see what "handles" better. I am curious about the ATS-V, but would never cross shop the thing with a BMW. That's just ridiculous no matter what the magazines say.
    Actually he isn't talking about some high G number.

There are reviews of the ATS vs 3er were they describe the overall steering feel and handling is better in the ATS. I can dig them up if you car to read them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cant play until may6th....thats when the car gets tuned....until then just break in miles.....and right now the car isnt even ready to start.....its got lines and hoses to run first
    Fair enough - we'll have to set this virtua-nonsense later. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Actually he isn't talking about some high G number.

There are reviews of the ATS vs 3er were they describe the overall steering feel and handling is better in the ATS. I can dig them up if you car to read them.
    I accidently positive repped you - trying to rep @ultimateendz for sorta accepting a ridiculous challenge. Regarding the ATS vs 3 series, yes I know what you talking about, however you will also see that they later contradict themselves later in the article... My entire point is it's not really something someone should take serious - meaning, if a magazine is saying this, it should be questioned. It's like saying "the Hyundai Genesis handles better than the 1M" - it's just not going to happen in the real world. There is no way a this chassis is going to perform like a purebred proper chassis that's been refined over many decades. Drive a 335i then drive a Cadillac CTS (haven't driven the ATS) - they aren't even in the same league - MUCH less so the M3 or M5. CTS-V? Yeah, MUCH MUCH better, but I would never say it's handling/feel/etc. is on par with an M series. It's just not. I don't care what any magazine says. 3 magazine articles that say it is "on par" or "better", but 10 other articles say otherwise. You have to understand - these people are "paid" by Cadillac some way or another. Whether that contributes to the article is what seperates a good writer from a bad, or worse a good magazine from another. It's very subjective when not looking at numbers - but one car is meant for the autobahn, the other is not... Cadillac would not sacrifice their known "luxurious" feel for what most would call a harsh ride - especially in America where the roads suck, and limits are low. BMW, doesn't change anything... If you look at youtube videos (better yet, drive one yourself) - the body roll/dive is VISIBLY worse on the CTS (V or not) than any 3 series.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I accidently positive repped you - trying to rep @ultimateendz for sorta accepting a ridiculous challenge. Regarding the ATS vs 3 series, yes I know what you talking about, however you will also see that they later contradict themselves later in the article... My entire point is it's not really something someone should take serious - meaning, if a magazine is saying this, it should be questioned. It's like saying "the Hyundai Genesis handles better than the 1M" - it's just not going to happen in the real world. There is no way a this chassis is going to perform like a purebred proper chassis that's been refined over many decades. Drive a 335i then drive a Cadillac CTS (haven't driven the ATS) - they aren't even in the same league - MUCH less so the M3 or M5. CTS-V? Yeah, MUCH MUCH better, but I would never say it's handling/feel/etc. is on par with an M series. It's just not. I don't care what any magazine says. 3 magazine articles that say it is "on par" or "better", but 10 other articles say otherwise. You have to understand - these people are "paid" by Cadillac some way or another. Whether that contributes to the article is what seperates a good writer from a bad, or worse a good magazine from another. It's very subjective when not looking at numbers - but one car is meant for the autobahn, the other is not... Cadillac would not sacrifice their known "luxurious" feel for what most would call a harsh ride - especially in America where the roads suck, and limits are low. BMW, doesn't change anything... If you look at youtube videos (better yet, drive one yourself) - the body roll/dive is VISIBLY worse on the CTS (V or not) than any 3 series.
    are you saying that any 3 handles better than my V?...if so id question that....remember i had a 3 series before my V with an upgraded suspension from the M3....my V would run circles around it on the track....road course or drag strip

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Base ATS vs Base F30 3-series (Wasn't referring to M-cars)

There two good comparos. MotorTrend 335i vs ATS 3.6 and Car&Driver 328i vs ATS 2.0

In both reviews they say chassis dynamics, handling, and steering is all better in the ATS. Both cars now have electronic steering, they preferred the ATS feel. Matter of fact Car&Driver straight up said the ATS is a more fun car to drive.

It isn't hard to believe the lightest car in the segment with a 50/50 weight balance has the better handling/steering characteristics.

As far as the outgoing CTS vs 3er or 5er, I agree the BMW's handle better. We will have to see with the next gen CTS. As far as M-cars, no the V's are not quite up to par yet. Lets see if the M3 gets electronic steering, my guess is no since the M5 didn't get it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    are you saying that any 3 handles better than my V?...if so id question that....remember i had a 3 series before my V with an upgraded suspension from the M3....my V would run circles around it on the track....road course or drag strip
    No, that's not what I said.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm salivating at the thought of an engine section for this motor:

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12