Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Cadillac CTS 420-hp 430-tq twin-turbo V6 for 2014

This engine in the new CTS is going to destroy the BMW 3 series. This is a tuners dream engine. I see 550hp+ 550tq+ easy tuned.

The redesigned 2014 Cadillac CTS sedan that goes on sale this fall will have a 420-hp twin-turbo 3.6-liter V6 as an option, General Motors said Monday. The redesigned CTS will be unveiled later this month at the New York auto show.
    The intercooled, direct-injection, all-aluminum engine will be mated to a new eight-speed automatic transmission that has the capability to skip one or more gears during shifting for performance or better fuel economy. The transmission also includes paddle shifters on the steering wheel for manual control.

The twin-turbo V6 makes its peak horsepower at 5,750 rpm and reaches peak torque of 430 lb-ft at 3,500 rpm. Official fuel-economy ratings from the Environmental Protection Agency haven't been set, but Cadillac expects the new CTS engine will be rated at 17 mpg city and 25 mpg highway, running on required premium fuel. It will be available only in a rear-wheel-drive layout.

The twin-turbo will be the highest output V6 engine in GM history, said Richard Bartlett, the engine's assistant chief engineer.

The twin-turbo V6 will also be an option on the 2014 Cadillac XTS sedan this fall. The XTS is equipped with front-drive or all-wheel drive.
    Cadillac says the twin-turbo V6 will propel the redesigned, larger CTS sedan from 0-60 mph in 4.6 seconds. With the engine, the new CTS will have a top speed of 170 mph.

The twin-turbo V6 is the most powerful of three engines announced for the redesigned CTS. The engine lineup also includes a naturally aspirated 3.6-liter V6, rated at 321 hp at 6,800 rpm and 275 lb-ft of torque at 4,800 rpm; and a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder, rated at 272 hp at 5,500 rpm and 295 lb-ft at 1,700 rpm.

The turbocharged four and naturally aspirated V6 will be offered in rear-drive or all-wheel-drive configurations. The rear-drive naturally aspirated V6 will also be mated to the new eight-speed transmission, while the all-wheel-drive variant and the turbocharged four-cylinder will be mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.

All three engines for the new CTS use aluminum blocks and cylinder heads, direct fuel injection, variable valve timing, dual overhead camshafts and four valves per cylinder. The turbo four can run on regular unleaded gasoline but premium is recommended, while the naturally aspirated V6 is set up for regular unleaded or E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

This engine is probably going to end up in the ATS-V

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MrClean335i Click here to enlarge
    This engine is probably going to end up in the ATS-V
    you better believe it....the mags already say the ATS handles better than the F30, now is likely gonna have more power than the m3 on top of that
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Was gonna say, the CTS isn't really a direct competitor of the 3-series anymore. But if the ATS-V packs some form of this motor (whether it's the exact same or has some minor tuning adjustments), it's going to be a slayer.

BEST part about it will be the aftermarket love it'll get: Cost 1/2 as much and 3 times less frustrating to mod than the BMW/Mercedes/Audi competitor.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Cost 1/2 as much and 3 times less frustrating to mod than the BMW/Mercedes/Audi competitor.

Thats probably the biggest thing I am looking forward to.
    Click here to enlarge
    471whp on E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    you better believe it....the mags already say the ATS handles better than the F30, now is likely gonna have more power than the m3 on top of that
    Probably $15k+ less too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone know what size snails they will be using?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I love this push for better fuel economy as it's resulting in some cool turbocharged cars, hopefully we'll start seeing electric motors to in the near future to assist in making power as well.

I'm interested to see what kind of transmissions will be availabe with these caddies. As already noted, the GM aftermarket is huge expecting development in parts and tuning to be quick.
    FBO / HFS-4 / Cobb PTF tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Band wagon jumpers UNITE!!!!
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    Not sure what you mean by this Click here to enlarge

Anyways, here is some detailed information regarding the LF3 engine: http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/n...f3-engine.html
    FBO / HFS-4 / Cobb PTF tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Was gonna say, the CTS isn't really a direct competitor of the 3-series anymore. But if the ATS-V packs some form of this motor (whether it's the exact same or has some minor tuning adjustments), it's going to be a slayer.

BEST part about it will be the aftermarket love it'll get: Cost 1/2 as much and 3 times less frustrating to mod than the BMW/Mercedes/Audi competitor.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ammonia Click here to enlarge
    Thats probably the biggest thing I am looking forward to.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by redlineryder Click here to enlarge
    Not sure what you mean by this Click here to enlarge

Anyways, here is some detailed information regarding the LF3 engine: http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/n...f3-engine.html

This.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    Bandwagon?....lol...im the damned cadillac leader...lol

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cadillac needs to make a good looking car before they are a slayer in my eyes, less chrome, less crazy styling, more smooth/classy lines....the v engines are awesome, but the styling is always a let down to me.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Cadillac needs to make a good looking car before they are a slayer in my eyes, less chrome, less crazy styling, more smooth/classy lines....the v engines are awesome, but the styling is always a let down to me.

I actually like the styling direction the ATS took...they have gloss blk options now instead of chrome and the alleged ats coupe looks to be better looking than my V coupe....lots of people dont like the V coupe styling but whether you like it or not it carries a presence on the road....most will move over when they see one behind them....and they better move over if the license plate says VEN6NCE Click here to enlarge

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I actually like the styling direction the ATS took...they have gloss blk options now instead of chrome and the alleged ats coupe looks to be better looking than my V coupe....lots of people dont like the V coupe styling but whether you like it or not it carries a presence on the road....most will move over when they see one behind them....and they better move over if the license plate says VEN6NCE Click here to enlarge
    I think the v coupe is the best looking of all, but the chrome annoys me, I hope your right.....and yea your car is retarded sick/fast.....people won't be able to read the plate :-)
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    These guys are just not $#@!ing around anymore. For awhile now they have been releasing some pretty good products, still not very happy with their styling but they did a pretty decent job with the ATS. Definitely will make Cadillac when of my options when purchasing my next car in the next couple of years.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn, god bless 'merica and George Dubya! Give me an ATS-V with AWD and an LSD and no fueling limits and ill be a die hard patriot for life. I'd swap have an external wastegate dump and swap the turbos for the latest and greatest which by that time in a few years will be some insane quad bearing titanium turbos making a solid 800-1000 on e85 daily drivin!
    2007 AW/Beige E92 335i 6MT / JB4 / E85 BB backend / IC / DCI / DPs / ER CP / Forge DVs / Meth(off) / 335is/550i Clutch / MFactory Steel SMFW / NGK Step Colder Plugs / BMS SSK/UUC KNOB / M3 Front Control Arms / Solid rear arms / Tein SS-P Coilovers / M4 18" in PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It will suck replacing the starter on this motor. Haha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Come on guys, don't just post everything in the N54 section.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What this motor means is domesticboost.com better be put up quickly.

Man all this boost from everyone is really going to help the network.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lmao
    335xi Sedan 6AT || Weather(45-60°F)
    -PROcede Rev. 2.5 ~ v5 (3/17 maps) / JB4 (8/21 maps) / COBB (Stg2+FMIC LT Agressive maps)
    †Procede Map2(UT 45 - IGN 40) Aggression Target 2.0 (93 Octane) || 0-60 in 4.0sec
    †Cobb E30 LT (35% Ethanol/65% 93 Octane) || 0-60 in 3.9sec
    AR Design Catless DP || BMS DCI + OCC || ETS 5 FMIC || Alpina B3 Trans Flash || 235/265 19" Michelin PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What this motor means is domesticboost.com better be put up quickly.

Man all this boost from everyone is really going to help the network.

im just gonna act like i havent been telling you this for the past 2 years....

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im just gonna act like i havent been telling you this for the past 2 years....
    It's fine, everything is coming together perfectly. I don't think you understand how difficult it is to do this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's fine, everything is coming together perfectly. I don't think you understand how difficult it is to do this.
    your talking to a software architect....trust me i know how difficult these things can be at times....but then I know how easy some are as well

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    your talking to a software architect....trust me i know how difficult these things can be at times....but then I know how easy some are as well
    It will get done. I know exactly how to go about it and how I want it to work. I'm just going to have no life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast