Close

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 03 EVO 8 Build

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @M3ntal Had a highly modded evo...I'm sure he could share some info on his build
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That radiator hose isn't going to get too hot from the turbo manifold?
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nah. They are all routed that way. My water temps stay surprisingly low.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    That radiator hose isn't going to get too hot from the turbo manifold?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Project completion has been delayed due to getting ripped off for that tranny. I'm having to send mine to shep as we speak to have it built. My new transfer case will arrive tomorrow. I picked up a Stage 3 shep TC with OEM LSD. The car is now finished for now other than the new tranny arriving. The tranny debacle has really hurt my wallet so the motor build will have to wait unless I blow this one up and don't have a choice for rebuild. Should have it all put back together in a couple of weeks. I'll try to drive out to Knoxville next month for a dyno session. Sucks the closest AWD dyno is 3 hours away.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Project completion has been delayed due to getting ripped off for that tranny. I'm having to send mine to shep as we speak to have it built. My new transfer case will arrive tomorrow. I picked up a Stage 3 shep TC with OEM LSD. The car is now finished for now other than the new tranny arriving. The tranny debacle has really hurt my wallet so the motor build will have to wait unless I blow this one up and don't have a choice for rebuild. Should have it all put back together in a couple of weeks. I'll try to drive out to Knoxville next month for a dyno session. Sucks the closest AWD dyno is 3 hours away.
    You didnt pay through paypal? If not , How did you pay ? Is this guy local to you... I wouldnt just eat the money.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    You didnt pay through paypal? If not , How did you pay ? Is this guy local to you... I wouldnt just eat the money.
    I paid with paypal but sent as gift Click here to enlarge Paying as gift was common place on BMW forums. Never had an issue. Never struck me that it was an entirely different crowd and getting screwed on an EVO FS thread was much more likely than a BMW forum. Paypal said they won't even open a disupute since I paid as gift. I got my credit card company involved and they have temporarily refunded my money. I have a feeling once the investigation is complete they're going to say there's nothing they can do. He is in Chicago, about 8 hours from me. I'd love to drive up there and rough him up or take care of things the way I used to when I was a younger guy but due to my job, I can't afford anything at all negative to happen. Period. My job will certainly find out. Lesson learned I guess.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Def let me know when you're heading this way. Our closest 1/4mi is in Bowling Green, KY. Plus there are plenty of roads here for some nice cruising Click here to enlarge
    Dude, I didnt realize you were so close to where I used to stomp. I went to WKU when I owned my Evo. I used to go down to TN and pwn everything around. lol. Back then, there wants much in the Nashville, bowling green, or 502 area that could hang. I had such a name cops stopped me anytime I was seen in the nashville area. forced me to sell her.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll try to drive out to Knoxville next month for a dyno session. Sucks the closest AWD dyno is 3 hours away.
    Is louisville maybe closer for you? There are couple there I know of. I can't believe after all this time Nashville still doesnt have an AWD dyno. There are like 10 in Charlotte. lol
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I paid with paypal but sent as gift Click here to enlarge Paying as gift was common place on BMW forums. Never had an issue. Never struck me that it was an entirely different crowd and getting screwed on an EVO FS thread was much more likely than a BMW forum. Paypal said they won't even open a disupute since I paid as gift. I got my credit card company involved and they have temporarily refunded my money. I have a feeling once the investigation is complete they're going to say there's nothing they can do. He is in Chicago, about 8 hours from me. I'd love to drive up there and rough him up or take care of things the way I used to when I was a younger guy but due to my job, I can't afford anything at all negative to happen. Period. My job will certainly find out. Lesson learned I guess.

Sucks man. I'm really good friends with some evo guys in chicago area. pm the info on this turd and I can see if they know of him, are near him, or something.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL that's funny! As far as cars that will actually line up and run someone, my buddy's GTR is the fastest around. It's FBO with e85 tune and super fast. Well, it was. He just sold it. There are some really nice cars in Nashville and some really rich people but most of them don't race thier cars, they just show them off. There was a Veyron at cars and coffee this summer and quite a few 458s and UGR lambos. My buddy took his FBO + Meth 135i down to Bowling Green a few times last summer and ran around a 12.3. He said he was owning pretty much every street car there. There's a couple EVOs that are supposed to be fast around here but we'll see. One of the 2.3s shot a rod through the block last year and never even got a clean run in. This weekend my buddy's 135i (tune only) I'm about to build, just beat up on a built motor FP green car and an FP black car from a roll. I'm not real impressed with the EVOs in the area right now.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    Dude, I didnt realize you were so close to where I used to stomp. I went to WKU when I owned my Evo. I used to go down to TN and pwn everything around. lol. Back then, there wants much in the Nashville, bowling green, or 502 area that could hang. I had such a name cops stopped me anytime I was seen in the nashville area. forced me to sell her.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you running the standard GT3582? JB or DBB? I'm running a DBB GT3582 and I'm thinking of sending it to FP for the HTA upgrade when I get more cash later.

Sucks man. I'm really good friends with some evo guys in chicago area. pm the info on this turd and I can see if they know of him, are near him, or something.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL that's funny! As far as cars that will actually line up and run someone, my buddy's GTR is the fastest around. It's FBO with e85 tune and super fast. Well, it was. He just sold it. There are some really nice cars in Nashville and some really rich people but most of them don't race thier cars, they just show them off. There was a Veyron at cars and coffee this summer and quite a few 458s and UGR lambos. My buddy took his FBO + Meth 135i down to Bowling Green a few times last summer and ran around a 12.3. He said he was owning pretty much every street car there. There's a couple EVOs that are supposed to be fast around here but we'll see. One of the 2.3s shot a rod through the block last year and never even got a clean run in. This weekend my buddy's 135i (tune only) I'm about to build, just beat up on a built motor FP green car and an FP black car from a roll. I'm not real impressed with the EVOs in the area right now.
    You should race my good buddy who has a 600awhp R32. I dont think he's been beaten, but loves to run for $#@!s and giggles. His brother has a pretty nasty turbo carrado, but traction is not his freind.

If you want a race in BG, you need to come mustang weekend. You will find the fastest cars around that time. I used to prep all year for when the mustangs came into town. Last few years those 2 brothers I was speaking of have pretty much owned the streets that weekend, but never got a good race with some of the better mustang builds that show.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll def spend more time in BG this summer. I was gone a lot of last summer. a 600AWHP R32 sounds pretty badass! That has to easily run low 10s?

You should race my good buddy who has a 600awhp R32. I dont think he's been beaten, but loves to run for $#@!s and giggles. His brother has a pretty nasty turbo carrado, but traction is not his freind.

If you want a race in BG, you need to come mustang weekend. You will find the fastest cars around that time. I used to prep all year for when the mustangs came into town. Last few years those 2 brothers I was speaking of have pretty much owned the streets that weekend, but never got a good race with some of the better mustang builds that show.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you running the standard GT3582? JB or DBB? I'm running a DBB GT3582 and I'm thinking of sending it to FP for the HTA upgrade when I get more cash later.
    Im running the DBB 3582r. when i upgrade Im going to a twin scroll 3586 probably.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll def spend more time in BG this summer. I was gone a lot of last summer. a 600AWHP R32 sounds pretty badass! That has to easily run low 10s?
    He runs 130+ mph, but I think babying it hasnt broken past 11.0. He has had nothing but tranny problems.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice, I just sold my HTA3586 to fund the rest of my build.

Im running the DBB 3582r. when i upgrade Im going to a twin scroll 3586 probably.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quick update. My shep stage 3 transfer case with OEM LSD showed up wed. Since I got ripped off on the tranny I had to send my tranny to shep to get built. It'll ship Monday. Turnaround is around 10 days. I'm hoping to have the car back 14 days from today. Fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice update sir... Fingers crossed for ya as well bro
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Motor build will no longer happen unless I blow this one up and don't have a choice. I'm picking up a 135i next month for my next project. Ill be beating the hell out of this Evo before the next owner takes delivery feb 2014. There are so many exciting things going on with the n54 that's what I'm most excited about. Well that and making 10 sec passes in the Evo all summer Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Uh oh... $#@! just got real
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn, sorry for you man. I hate getting ripped off. But hey, there is a 'commercial' way to handle these things without getting your hands dirty. I know lots of these 'commercial' folks, unfortunately.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like this should be a good running car. 35R Evos are always a solid bet, quickish spool and won't crunch the torque threshold if tuned right. 500+ wheel should get you close to 130 mph(if not more) and should be great for the street.

Welcome back to the N54 way of thinking when you do come back though. Clutches, drivetrain parts, and head gaskets get old after a while. Ask me how I know. Great thing about Evos is everyone loves em and hold great value.
    Rocky

e90 335i Sedan - A couple mods away from FBO
    MK3 Supra - 1jz swap, big single, supporting mods

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just talked to Trevor at shep tranny and he said my tranny will be done tomorrow. After some discussion with Trevor I decided to go with the ultimate ratio tranny with the stock 4.53 final drive instead of the 4.11. So we went with Evo 9 1st and 5th gears. Tranny will be at my shop by Friday so ill have the car back next week. It's been a long costly month but I'm very excited right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just talked to Trevor at shep tranny and he said my tranny will be done tomorrow. After some discussion with Trevor I decided to go with the ultimate ratio tranny with the stock 4.53 final drive instead of the 4.11. So we went with Evo 9 1st and 5th gears. Tranny will be at my shop by Friday so ill have the car back next week. It's been a long costly month but I'm very excited right now.
    Excellent!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know the feeling bro on spending LOL... Those gears will give you even more scoot off the line. Should be awesome.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast