Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 30 of 30

Thread: 1300hp zr1

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ok.

    Well, if you guys really like Nelson. Then you'll love Sonny.

    Sonny Racing Engines produces the 932 cubic inch 2000hp+ naturally aspirated (no nitrous) monster.

    http://www.sonnysracingengines.com/e...-racing-engine

    Edit: Each header primary tube on this engine is the size of one of my downpipes...

    2.7 inch intake valves, over 1.1 inch of valve lift. Over 5 inch bores and close to a 6 inch stroke. Spin to 8100 RPM.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Ok.

    Well, if you guys really like Nelson. Then you'll love Sonny.

    Sonny Racing Engines produces the 932 cubic inch 2000hp+ naturally aspirated (no nitrous) monster.

    http://www.sonnysracingengines.com/e...-racing-engine

    Edit: Each header primary tube on this engine is the size of one of my downpipes...

    2.7 inch intake valves, over 1.1 inch of valve lift. Over 5 inch bores and close to a 6 inch stroke. Spin to 8100 RPM.

    That is like something that would run in the lower class Funny Cars. What does it run for fuel, alcohol? Comp ratio is 16:1!!!

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    That is like something that would run in the lower class Funny Cars. What does it run for fuel, alcohol? Comp ratio is 16:1!!!
    Im pretty sure its straight methanol or nitromethane in some cases


    Another thing I forgot to mention. Nelson racing engines is the more modest of the two, Sonny's engines actually dont run alternators. Those guys use 16 volt batteries for all their ignition needs during a 1/4 mile run. After the electrical load due to the ignition system etc, the voltage drops to about ~12V standard during operation. They really do try to make as much freaking power as they can.

    You would more likely see a Nelson engine on the street than a Sonny. Nelson engines are ridiculous; they are designed to make 1500 HP and be daily driveable, I promised myself I would buy one some day and drop it in a whatever chassis.
    Last edited by DBFIU; 07-30-2010 at 06:33 PM.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Ok.

    Well, if you guys really like Nelson. Then you'll love Sonny.

    Sonny Racing Engines produces the 932 cubic inch 2000hp+ naturally aspirated (no nitrous) monster.

    http://www.sonnysracingengines.com/e...-racing-engine

    Edit: Each header primary tube on this engine is the size of one of my downpipes...

    2.7 inch intake valves, over 1.1 inch of valve lift. Over 5 inch bores and close to a 6 inch stroke. Spin to 8100 RPM.
    That is pretty damn cool but I prefer Nelson's stuff as they make insane stuff for the street. They just really do insane $#@!.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge

    You would more likely see a Nelson engine on the street than a Sonny. Nelson engines are ridiculous; they are designed to make 1500 HP and be daily driveable, I promised myself I would buy one some day and drop it in a whatever chassis.
    Exactly! Just what chassis? I thought one in a Silverado would be interesting. With AWD to hook up and a standard cab with short bed... a badass build your own 427 SS:


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •