0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    great driving
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great driving and a 32 on the big track is a great time. What tires were you running ? Hard to tell from the video, but it looks like you left a bit on the table in 1, 2 and 8. 2 is tricky and its easy to miss that last apex but you can pick up some time there. Lots of guys drive thru 8 differently but when done right you can really cut time since it's such a fast section and getting 6, 7 and 8 right really pays off at the end of the front straight. I like coming out of 7 and hugging the inside of 8 all the way through wide open and then a quick brake to get rid of some speed right before you turn in to 9. To me it seemed you were a bit wide all the way through 8 but some great driving nonetheless and like I said a 32 is a great time in any car...but even moreso in a street car.
    My best time in my Black Series on R compounds is a 29:8 just for reference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @LZH thanks...nice to know someone on here tracks there car!

Tires are hankook R-S3, comparable with re11, ad08.

Its funny cause that definitely wasn't my best line but was my fastest lap by a little. As you know when you start going faster you tend to mess up your line sometimes and/or try different lines. T9 was funny and u can see in the video the car was shaking/squigling. Towards end of the day I started taking 8 as you described, I was getting used to the higher speed and felt safer going a little wider at first.

Ill have to try some R compounds soon but I know they heat cycle out and I daily drive my car so wouldn't work well as is. I was super pumped when I saw my times. For a Mustang with sway bars, trailing arms and ford springs I'm pretty happy! If I can break into 1:31s ill be impressed.

was that in the c63 bs or clk63 bs. Not sure which you have or had. And awesome time. Under 1:30 has to be flying
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    @LZH thanks...nice to know someone on here tracks there car!

Tires are hankook R-S3, comparable with re11, ad08.

Its funny cause that definitely wasn't my best line but was my fastest lap by a little. As you know when you start going faster you tend to mess up your line sometimes and/or try different lines. T9 was funny and u can see in the video the car was shaking/squigling. Towards end of the day I started taking 8 as you described, I was getting used to the higher speed and felt safer going a little wider at first.
    Yeah I noticed that...but that's just the result of being out of shape exiting 8 setting up for 9. Things happen so fast between 7 and 9 and you don't really realize it on track that there are 3 turns there because they happen so fast and there is so much transition between each turn - that's why it's so hard to get it right and be really fast cause it takes balls to not lift from 6 to 9 Click here to enlarge But, that is why it's so important to get the car setup properly coming up over the hump in 6 and short shift before the hump, which I noticed you did. At that point after the hump it's WOT and you have to track out all the way to the left of the track exiting 6 and use all the road, stay there and then just a quick flick right through 7 like it almost doesn't exist. At those speeds 7 is like a high speed (130-140) chicane. Once your through 7 you just hug the right side of the track still WOT and slowly unwind the steering so that you end up at the far left side of the track approaching 9. At this point you are carrying a ton of speed and it's really important to get the car straightened out with some trail braking. This is where you were getting out of shape....but that is the most important section cause right approaching turn in for 9 is where you have to get your braking done really quick and in a straight line - no steering input at all of else your going off. Stab the brakes and then immediately turn in for 9, mash the throttle cause it's a tiny bit downhill and on camber when you turn in for 9. and then just tap your front right wheel on the curb at the apex of 9 and keep it WOT while you gently feed it steering and track out and your exit point is basically the pit entrance.
    Do that and you will carry a lot more speed down the front straight and into 1. That's how you turn a quick lap on the big track. It's really not that technical, it just takes time and balls to get that back section perfect. When you do, you know it right away and at that point it just gets better and you can start playing with your braking zones and pushing it a bit more. But trust me...you don't want to go off in 8 at 140. Thats the most dangerous part of the track.

Ill have to try some R compounds soon but I know they heat cycle out and I daily drive my car so wouldn't work well as is. I was super pumped when I saw my times. For a Mustang with sway bars, trailing arms and ford springs I'm pretty happy! If I can break into 1:31s ill be impressed.
    R compounds suck for daily driving. Just get some dedicated 18" track wheels and tires. I think you are doing incredibly well for what you are running man. I have about a thousand laps on that track and you are doing very well.

was that in the c63 bs or clk63 bs. Not sure which you have or had. And awesome time. Under 1:30 has to be flying
    I just have the CLK BS and that time I ran was still leaving a bit on the table. It's too nice of a car to risk rolling it thru the desert. I think with slicks, headers and a track setup suspension I could run mid 20's.

I'm in LA...shoot me a PM and lets get together sometime.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    funny you say that...I drove my buddy's EVO yesterday, I have many times and he recently had it set up differently/horrible with an insane amount of oversteer, minor steering input even on throttle would make you start spinning and I kept pushing the speed thru 8 and I spun at 130mph yesterday and tore all the tires up. Was definitely a bit scary but once we spun a 180 I managed to keep the car straight going backwards to try and prevent any sort of flipping.

about to shoot you a pm with my info.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome video! Whatever program you use for the HUD is quite honestly amazing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Awesome video! Whatever program you use for the HUD is quite honestly amazing.
    Harry's Lap Timer on my Iphone 4s
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Faster than a GT3 RS?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    funny you say that...I drove my buddy's EVO yesterday, I have many times and he recently had it set up differently/horrible with an insane amount of oversteer, minor steering input even on throttle would make you start spinning and I kept pushing the speed thru 8 and I spun at 130mph yesterday and tore all the tires up. Was definitely a bit scary but once we spun a 180 I managed to keep the car straight going backwards to try and prevent any sort of flipping.

about to shoot you a pm with my info.

http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...10600000-1.jpg
    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...10600000-1.jpg

OUCH!!!!!!! Sounds like a nice save on your part keeping it on track. Just about anywhere you go off at Willow and it's big damage at least for your paint Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Faster than a GT3 RS?
    Than the day Steve Millen drove the one listed above. I'm sure it's capable of faster
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    OUCH!!!!!!! Sounds like a nice save on your part keeping it on track. Just about anywhere you go off at Willow and it's big damage at least for your paint Click here to enlarge
    I went off but kept it straight / backwards
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I still can't get over that video.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nicely done bro...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Nicely done bro...
    thanks!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA