Close

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Vargas Stage I Turbo First Impressions

So a few months ago my turbos went out and I bought a set of used oem turbos. Unfortunately they were messed up so i sent them to Vargas Turbo in Hayward for the stage one upgrade. All I can say is these things are insane. Im running the Procede Rev 2.5 V5, AMS FMIC, AFE DCI, 3in catless dos, and catless exhaust. The car pulls like never before. The power and torque curves feel much smoother and turbo lag is almost non-existent. This thing pulled away from an x5m and a chipped 335is like they weren't moving. The upgrade job was done very well and the compressor wheel is a lot larger, the machining looks perfect and peak boost is obtained extremely fast. Im on direzza 265s and the car spins tire on the first 3 gears. There is a huge increase in power especially at the top end. The exhaust note sounds phenomenal when the car gets force fed all this air and just takes off. I have yet to dyno it probably next week. For the money this is an amazing mod and is definitely worth getting especially if your stockers are going out. On top of the fact that Tony is just a great guy to work with, he really knows what he's doing when it comes to turbos and always soaks up more information on the N54 and is extremely determined to find the ultimate turbo solution for your money and so far it looks like he has. These things are unbelievable for stock housings. I can't imagine what the Stage 3 kit will be like. All in all these are great for your money and awesome for people who want to make big power without having to spend a ton of money and having to upgrade drivetrain components. I'll try to get a dyno next week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome. Vargas FTW

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice. How long have you been running them?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    30 minutes Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the first impression Alex. We will def get your car on the Dyno next week and hopefully see some good numbers. Glad we were able to help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice impressions definitely need dyno numbers.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice review man. Good to hear a review so quickly already about new turbos. Mr.Vargas Aka Tony lol. Are you gonna come out to the Shift-Sector event? If you have some stage 3 ready by then, you should come! I'd like to meet you man.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ive been running them for a day. I went up against a clk black series last night and pulled on it. I had a full car and trunk too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is such great news. I can't wait to see the dyno. There were a lot of stage 1 doubters, dyno sheets should silence that. I can't wait for my stage 2s to ship! I take it you got your no boost issue fixed OP? What was the issue?
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    These "results" are sounding a little iffy (pulling on an X5M & CLK Black), but it's great news to hear that Vargas' work is legit. Even better news to hear that the Stage 1s are now the ideal replacement turbos that offer a slight performance bump below OEM cost

PS -- please don't say "chipped" anymore, it's like nails on a chalk board. The car's been toon'd Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i didnt even notice i said chipped, and yeah the m was my brothers so i did multiple runs, all of which i easily pulled.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Get some vids up then, especially if he's your should be easy to get that on camera

Just don't see N54 with lightly upgraded turbos (low 400 whp) pulling on the S63 (555 hp stock, ~470 WHP with 15% drivetrain loss). Then again, the X5 M has an extra 2,000 lbs to pull
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I could see a fbo 335 pulling on a x5m......a stock x5m
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well the car is down now, I had asked him to take it easy until we could get it on the Dyno. But that wasn't the case. It now has a no boost condition and some other issues. If they are an easy fix I already have the dyno time lined up and will get it on there in the next day or two. I will keep you guys posted. Car will be here in the AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Well the car is down now, I had asked him to take it easy until we could get it on the Dyno. But that wasn't the case. It now has a no boost condition and some other issues. If they are an easy fix I already have the dyno time lined up and will get it on there in the next day or two. I will keep you guys posted. Car will be here in the AM.
    lol
    Tony - OK take it easy on these
    OP - Yes yes yes ok ok ok let me Drive
    op that night - Lets race BWAHH BWAHHH WBAHHHH
    Op in the morning - hmm no boost , TONYYYYYY!!
    Tony - You broke it didnt you..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    lol
    Tony - OK take it easy on these
    OP - Yes yes yes ok ok ok let me Drive
    op that night - Lets race BWAHH BWAHHH WBAHHHH
    Op in the morning - hmm no boost , TONYYYYYY!!
    Tony - You broke it didnt you..
    Bahahahaha. Pretty close, except I didn't get the text til later on Sunday. He is a cool kid, I expect people to drive their cars hard so this is good testing but I would have liked to get it on the Dyno before something else broke. We will see whats going on tomorrow when it gets here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I bet it would help if a local procede expert could stop and take a look too.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it sounds like a mechanical issue
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah he said it did it with the tune in bypass mode too but a procede expert could also help fine tune the tune on the dyno too

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i hope he switched to the proper map/firmware
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah he said it did it with the tune in bypass mode too but a procede expert could also help fine tune the tune on the dyno too
    I talked to Shiv last night. He is local and said if I have any questions let him know, but it sounds mechanical to me too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Glad u came clean on what happened. A lot of companies would try to hide it until it was fixed. Shows great business ethics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    Ive been running them for a day. I went up against a clk black series last night and pulled on it. I had a full car and trunk too.
    No offense, but that sounds highly suspect. Aren't the Black Series cars supposed to be nasty? A quick search revealed the 2008 CLK 63 AMB Black Series put out 500 hp and 470 ft. lbs and weighed in at around 3,880 lbs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Glad u came clean on what happened. A lot of companies would try to hide it until it was fixed. Shows great business ethics.
    I would never hide anything when working with customers, once trust is lost forget about it. With that being said I really don't think anything is wrong with the turbos. By mechanical I'm thinking vacuum issue, etc because even if a turbo is on the verge of self destruction it will make some boost, it will smoke like hell etc but if exhaust is going through that housing the wheel has no choice but to spin. So for a true no boost condition the gates have to be held open either by the DME or mechanical issue, ie vacuum, etc. I am guessing right now. We shall see tomorrow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Im guessing its a blown off intercooler pipe

$10 on it

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast