Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I will be adding a set of Ported 317 truck heads. These have a 72cc dish thus yielding better compression on a stock motor. Nearly a full point lower will flowing as well 243 C5Z or LS2 heads.
    Good stuff. Click here to enlarge

One somewhat related question and i don't know any LSx expert except you. Do you know ARAO engineering LSx 32 valve head? Is it any good?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Good stuff. Click here to enlarge

One somewhat related question and i don't know any LSx expert except you. Do you know ARAO engineering LSx 32 valve head? Is it any good?

Thanks.
    I'm no expert LOL, I am learning as I go. To that end I am not familiar with that head sounds cool but I have never seen it.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good update
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cant wait for this the FRC is going to be a beast.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well my bellhousing is showing signs of fatigue... Namely its cracked in various places and missing a chunk or two. Moreover it appears a chunk got knocked around and banged up the clutch. I was running a Monster 11" race clutch that was a chattery bastard and difficult to drive from a stop. Sadly I had installed that clutch this year and hated it. So I managed to snag a bellhousing from the GM racing teams C5R that was never used, its a slight bit lighter but stronger. I cant explain why or what material its made from so dont ask. I also decided to go all way (My poor lil wallet) and got me a Mantix 9000T Twin Disc setup. Mantix is an Australian company thats makes some of the strongest and smoothest clutches in the world. They are big on LS powered applications. This $#@! is rated for 1010lb-ft of tq so I think she will be fine with my car, moreover they will shift without issue at up to 8500rpm.

http://mantic.com.au/sub_performance...000_track.html
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your in for a treat when the FRC up and running.. you are now the car OTHERS want to test themselves against Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Your in for a treat when the FRC up and running.. you are now the car OTHERS want to test themselves against Click here to enlarge
    LOL... I fear you may well be correct
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looks like ill be slowest of the bunch
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well my bellhousing is showing signs of fatigue... Namely its cracked in various places and missing a chunk or two. Moreover it appears a chunk got knocked around and banged up the clutch. I was running a Monster 11" race clutch that was a chattery bastard and difficult to drive from a stop. Sadly I had installed that clutch this year and hated it. So I managed to snag a bellhousing from the GM racing teams C5R that was never used, its a slight bit lighter but stronger. I cant explain why or what material its made from so dont ask. I also decided to go all way (My poor lil wallet) and got me a Mantix 9000T Twin Disc setup. Mantix is an Australian company thats makes some of the strongest and smoothest clutches in the world. They are big on LS powered applications. This $#@! is rated for 1010lb-ft of tq so I think she will be fine with my car, moreover they will shift without issue at up to 8500rpm.

http://mantic.com.au/sub_performance...000_track.html

Damn homie!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    Damn homie!
    I have honestly stopped thinking about the ultimate HP and more about the drivability this thing will have. Between the new cam & clutch she should be smooth as $#@!...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sound's like a serious clutch .

I have honestly stopped thinking about the ultimate HP and more about the drivability this thing will have. Between the new cam & clutch she should be smooth as $#@!...
    The FRC will be a all around beast.

Good power
    Good handling
    Good driveabilty

Cant wait to see this thing on the road.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hope so bro... I cant wait to break to get her home and start breaking her in....
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have honestly stopped thinking about the ultimate HP and more about the drivability this thing will have.
    you read my mind.. except im coming out swingin with both Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Get pumped bro...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

honestly with all this talking you better mop the floor with all of us...cause if you dont there will be blood in the water...if what you say is actually true then the tides have shifted and you are no longer the underdog....so we better not catch YOU slippin

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    posting these for @Sledgehammer ....its almost done

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why didn't he post it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why didn't he post it?

at work and not on a PC i believe

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can't wait to see this all put together!! Going to be nuts!!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    at work and not on a PC i believe
    That's a very solid reason.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why didn't he post it?
    Cause I'm lazy... Let's just be honest
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The first motor pic I should note is on disassembly and the latter pic is as of today ready for reassembly
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is awesome. Must feel good having a built motor!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    That is awesome. Must feel good having a built motor!
    Once its running I will let ya know... But I am hoping so
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So today I realized that I am greedy...

I know my combo will easily live with 700-800whp. I think my best bet will be to finish the build and break her in/tune her and rid till spring and see what everyone has got. Then add 1000cc injectors, fuel rails & lines along with a smaller pulley and LS6 intake. That should push me well into the 7"s...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast