Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Another Camaro ZL1 Failure

Everyday I become more and more depressed Chevy let this roll off the lines like this.

Mostly driver error for ET, but MPH is horrible

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, that second launch was horrible.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Chevy got rushed (since Ford started selling the new Shelby GT500) & rolled out the ZL1 no where close to being a "ready" product. I'm confident that the ZL1 will be a higher quality product after it goes through a model year revision/update
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's Cecil, one of if not the fastest east coast track. My 5.0 with an intake xpipe and tune went 12.1 at 118 there. Car is suck a failure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    That's Cecil, one of if not the fastest east coast track. My 5.0 with an intake xpipe and tune went 12.1 at 118 there. Car is suck a failure.
    you need to get away from the house for a few and run me again Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    you need to get away from the house for a few and run me again Click here to enlarge
    Outside of moving it around in the driveway I have not driven it in over a month lol. Still got a lot of work to do here thoug so maybe October...ish

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Omg what an epic fail lmfao!!!!
    09 Nismo 370Z TWIN TURBO 12PSI 527whp 400trq 11.75 @ 127mph Sold....Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    A total failure with that driver.. Almost irritating to watch.
    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The ZL1 is a great looking and handling car. But weight and gearing work against it for sure.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    112-113 is very low for "580hp". The mags were trapping around 115-117

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The car is more capable than that. That was all driver error. The car basically ran less than a 1/4 mile run because the driver got into it so late.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was expecting a motor failure.

Still, the ZL-1 is nowhere near as impressive as the GT500.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone here frequent chevy boards? I wonder what the fanb0iz are trying to do to cope with this little $#@!ty super camaro that performs $#@!tier than a stock SS. I don't want to have to go read the stuff myself, like what are their excuses over in chevy world?

BUT IT HANDLES BETTER

kthxbai
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Anyone here frequent chevy boards? I wonder what the fanb0iz are trying to do to cope with this little $#@!ty super camaro that performs $#@!tier than a stock SS. I don't want to have to go read the stuff myself, like what are their excuses over in chevy world?

BUT IT HANDLES BETTER

kthxbai
    you peaked my interest, so i had to look. first one i came across Click here to enlarge

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245057

Just so some of you can see the mindset behind a old hot rodders choice clearly in favor of the zl1 over the gt 500..........I used to build both chevies and fords.....Fords in the old stang days had big old shock towers making headers damn near impossible........drop in fuel tanks...that should have been a forced recall of all mustangs.....and ignition that was far from fun to work with...they were made for cheap fun transpo and went to performance from demand....Camaro was chevys answer and was nicer from the get go .....and so thats the beginning..now.

.gt 500 vs zl1...do you notice how they allways compare the 2012 camaro to the 2013 shelby? two different option years... because ford reacted to chevy in its ford way..hey lets over bore the mustang with new sleeves and finally give it a aluminum block......put the largest real practical blower on it and make it faster than the zl1!!!! First lets redesign the looks to uglier and give it a big fish lip face like the last dodge suv!!! Then we can get shelby to say its all that and its got to be worth more!!! SO lets compare it to the zl1 which I have my money on.....

zl1 magneto reological shocks, automatic transmission option with remote start for the cold days, heated mirrors, heated seats.( optional on stang but not with recardos), sunroof: ( not available on stang only the glass over the head panoramic for more and not as safe), daytime running lights standard..not standard on stang...independant rear suspension....stangs dream for future...power passenger seat..not in stang....rear view camera and rear park assist...both not on stang....front and rear head air bags...not on stang....five star crash ratings all across the board..not on stang...remote trunk release...not on stang...leather seats standard...not on stang...automatic headlights..not on stang....auto dimming mirrors...not on stang...lamp lights...shelby has mirror lights for the vain

......so lets see i have these alot of which are standard for nothing extra( ok the automatic cost money), along with better looks, a better warranty, and its track ready..(o.k. so if I throw 8K at the stang i can get track ready with the svt pack and coolers, and recardos) so what does the gt 500 offer? A allready overbored maxed out engine pretty much, pumping twice the boost..a solid rear axle to go old school over the bumps and curves and of course lots of snake head emblems. It does not take a wizard 65k plus to make a car go fast in a quarter mile....

now i could go on about the other things standard on the camaro the mustang does not have etc etc etc but the stang is a put all your eggs in one basket deal...the camaro is a sweet deal yes under cammed, under blown....but hey thats what hot rodding is all about getting the potential out of a base car your self..installing your cam, porting your heads, slapping headers on, upping the compresssion and fuel intake etc etc etc Some day in the future their will be ford guys wishing they had our options...guess what that day is here!!!!!!!

SO if you loose to a gt500 before you have thrown thousands of dollars at engine mods...so what.... its not what life is about unless your the FOMOCO fanatic who can not make a ford version of the vette without resurrecting carrol shelby to try to make a cobra again. In the mags and in a dollar for dollar value comparison we are miles ahead.....And they can say hey: we have a over head cammed engine...I guess good old push rod tech for the last hundred years is not all that.....LOL Some day we may just use hydrogen and farts to go fast and well if we do i want to go fast in style.....Not in a car with a fish lip front ...i would rather be in one that looks chopped....We all have one thing in common here...our good taste.....Heres to the future classic most desirable camaro ever built..........ZL1Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ That guy is cries himself to sleep.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He points the magnetic shocks, handling and how track ready that car is. The thing is, who exactly buys a Camaro for it's track abilities? I wonder if there was even one Camaro owner that wished his car was more track ready!?

The other interesting part is he cries about the solid axle in Mustang and all the other old things in it and then he defends the pushrod design!

optional on stang but not with recardos
    Recardo(Ricardo) as the transmission maker? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    The other interesting part is he cries about the solid axle in Mustang and all the other old things in it and then he defends the pushrod design!
    Guy is grasping at straws.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I didnt realize they were that difficult to get good numbers out of.....I wonder how my fbo 93/e85 fueled 335i would do against a stock one with a crash test dummy driver Lol!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That dude is butt hurt... Factually on a short track the ZL1 will get the GT500's lunch but on a long track the ZL1 has problems. Plus in anything resembles acceleration the GT500 is light years ahead. More interesting is that the GT500 existed prior to the ZL1 and has seen a myriad of upgrades over its production. Its gotten a power upgrade and an aluminum block prior to the 13 model year. Then they rolled their dicks out with the newest Shelby. Now I would concede that at some point decided that in light of the pending ZL1 they would up the power a bit more. But the GT500 is not a Ford reaction, the ZL1 is a GM reaction IMO.

Now whats interesting is this, Chevy is not pleased they want to win this on every front from handling to braking and most importantly acceleration. 2012 ZL1 may well be a classic as it may be a 1yr production like the 2001 Z06 with 385hp. If you recall Chevy then jumped to 405hp in 2002. Word is that with the C6 Vette heading out of production that Chevy may well give the Camaro somewhere around 635-650hp with effectively a ZR1 spec motor (valve train etc.... Previously they thought a Camaro that powerful would hurt ZR1 sales but that feeling has left. Worst case scenario is they do a 2013.5 mid year update for more power. Ford however is waiting as they have the ability to make 705-725hp with added boost and different cams, they actually tested the GT500 for max power & durability to 800 crank HP with no issues. They have room to grow if they want to but at some point they will stop the power as it can and will get out of hand. Now this is via people I know who work in engineering on both sides. I am looking forward to who makes the next move first!
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

He keeps saying recardos, lol what the $#@!? He is a car enthusiast? I say nay.

He claims ford just "overbored" one of their engines and its already maxed out, fool, that motor making 800 whp with pulley swap, exhaust and a tune and begs for nitrous on top of that.

He points out the awesum heated seats and heated mirrors, which obviously make the ZL1 the better car (lets forget the fact that the shelby can hit 200 mph due to it's refined aerodynamics which the derp did not even mention).

LM why did you post that? Now I'm mad at life.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    LM why did you post that? Now I'm mad at life.
    lol, because someone asked, so i was curious

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you peaked my interest, so i had to look. first one i came across Click here to enlarge

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245057
    Wow! Sounds like sour grapes.

A real car enthusiast would have tipped his hat to Ford for making a beast of a vehicle. Why some people get so butt hurt over a car is beyond me.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I am a GM boy, but the new shelby gt500 is damn impressive. A local guy that goes out to the meets has a 2013 gt500 and the mofo already has bolt ons. it is scary fast.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    That dude is butt hurt... Factually on a short track the ZL1 will get the GT500's lunch but on a long track the ZL1 has problems. Plus in anything resembles acceleration the GT500 is light years ahead. More interesting is that the GT500 existed prior to the ZL1 and has seen a myriad of upgrades over its production. Its gotten a power upgrade and an aluminum block prior to the 13 model year. Then they rolled their dicks out with the newest Shelby. Now I would concede that at some point decided that in light of the pending ZL1 they would up the power a bit more. But the GT500 is not a Ford reaction, the ZL1 is a GM reaction IMO.

Now whats interesting is this, Chevy is not pleased they want to win this on every front from handling to braking and most importantly acceleration. 2012 ZL1 may well be a classic as it may be a 1yr production like the 2001 Z06 with 385hp. If you recall Chevy then jumped to 405hp in 2002. Word is that with the C6 Vette heading out of production that Chevy may well give the Camaro somewhere around 635-650hp with effectively a ZR1 spec motor (valve train etc.... Previously they thought a Camaro that powerful would hurt ZR1 sales but that feeling has left. Worst case scenario is they do a 2013.5 mid year update for more power. Ford however is waiting as they have the ability to make 705-725hp with added boost and different cams, they actually tested the GT500 for max power & durability to 800 crank HP with no issues. They have room to grow if they want to but at some point they will stop the power as it can and will get out of hand. Now this is via people I know who work in engineering on both sides. I am looking forward to who makes the next move first!
    Ford has been killing them since 2003. And they didn't need a bailout to make the GT500.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ford has been killing them since 2003. And they didn't need a bailout to make the GT500.
    amen. that's why my next car will be a ford/lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast