Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Yes I know what the diverter valve does, I was just wondering if you disabled it because people like to choose their own BOV/DV for the sound effects. If you wanted to disable it and put an aftermarket DV or BOV on there could you do that.
    Yes, definitely. I just have to get a block off plate, and after market charge pipes with a flange for a BOV. I was going to get the HKS BOV etc, then my tuner said this car doesn't like atmospheric BOV. Ima listen to the tuner lol
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Update: Finally got everything here. Tomorrow I will be installing clutch and transmission mounts. I'm gonna give it maybe 2-3 weeks for me to break the clutch in thoroughly. Then install the turbo kit, sensors, spark plugs after I come back from vacation. I believe I will be installing the rest on either August 17/18. I will post updates when they come along. Here are some pics for now.

Looks like one bad sensor was shipped:

Click here to enlarge

Good sensor:

Click here to enlarge

Boxes of multiple shipments lol:

Click here to enlarge

Shipments received today:

Click here to enlarge

Whole kit that's going in:

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like you're all set for some fun! .....Although, in time I foresee you getting RWD! I just noticed a GTi in your cars reflection as well -neat.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    Looks like you're all set for some fun! .....Although, in time I foresee you getting RWD! I just noticed a GTi in your cars reflection as well -neat.
    Probably in a couple more years I'll go for RWD. Yes, my buddy that took the pic just got out of his car at 5 in the morning middle of the street before one of our meets lmao. Showed me when we met up lol.

Update: Clutch and transmission mounts are in. Will have pictures up later tonight.
    Here is a little 20 mile drive review of the new stuff in the car (breaking the clutch in right now, very easy throttle). So the stick is smoother than ever. Pedal feel is lighter than stock! This clutch grabs hard, you can tell there is some chatter though in the beggining. I'm guessin I just need to break it in more cause on other launches it's smooth. The clutch feels like stock from where it sits, nobody would know I have a kevlar/ceramic 6 puck disc. I love it. The transmission mounts really made a nice difference in the steering. It's much more sharp and feel it glued to the floor. I don't know how the wheel hop is for now as I haven't even gone past 1/4 throttle lol. I will keep updating more on this in between the time till the turbo is installed. So far so good! Maybe time to mess around with some tuning next week Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Engine being held up:

Click here to enlarge

Subframe about to be pulled:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

OEM transmission mount:

Click here to enlarge

New clutch installed:

Click here to enlarge

Old Clutch:

Click here to enlarge

Turbo (K04):

Click here to enlarge

Subframe out:

Click here to enlarge

Clutch pipe and throw out bearing being changed:

Click here to enlarge

Axle:

Click here to enlarge

Old parts that were changed:

Click here to enlarge

Car being put back together:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

New transmission mounts:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    awesome progress man!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just wondering, were the transmission mounts absolutely necessary?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    just wondering, were the transmission mounts absolutely necessary?
    They aren't but I absolutely felt a difference and improvement in handling already. Just gonna need it when I get more power. Any reasons why maybe I shouldn't have put them in?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looking good so far, but wooo! Get those fender liners cleaned up on that rally car! Keep us all updated, it looks like a blast.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm freaking dying with anticipation!!!!!!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sleepr22 Click here to enlarge
    I'm freaking dying with anticipation!!!!!!!!!!
    Me too man. Thanks for looking, by the way your first post is on this thread means a lot.

Update: Today I finally got my new tires on, 2 Nitto Nt05 up in the front for now. I also Installed my 3bar MAP sensors on my car. Since I did that I had to get a new tune for those sensors. I finally had to erase my Trifecta tune and upload a new tune from James using HP tuners. I did this so he can get a feel for my car right now while its on stock turbo and my driving habits .Another reason is so I can become more familiar with the tuning uploading and logging process cause I've never done this before. I want to be all ready for when my big turbo is installed. For a couple of days I will log my car and send him my logs. So far we are on the fourth revision of his tune. It's just getting stronger and stronger. I feel it becoming smother than my old tune. I absolutely love it. I will get pics of the tires up front later as my camera is charging. I don't know if I mentioned, one week from today is the turbo install! I can't wait!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Tomorrow is the big day! Today is probably going to be the slowest day ever haha.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

good luck buddy, can't wait to hear and see some vids of that beast in action!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Tomorrow is the big day! Today is probably going to be the slowest day ever haha.
    Turn up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Everything is ready to go! Just gotta wait. For now, my car is still shaking badly under acceleration. I'm going to be tuning for a little under WOT cause I'm scared for my car right now. I tried so many things in these past 2 weeks that it can only either be the axle or hub that needs to be swapped. I will turn the car in on Monday and hopefully have it all fixed by the end of the week. Then the REAL tuning begins! I will have my tuner put a limit on boost/rpm/mph on my car when I give it in. I don't want these guys $#@!ing around with my car while I'm not there and break something on regular tune. I wish i could have solved this problem before hand but time is the situation now. I never noticed how long these processes really do take when you are actually working on it everyday. Anyways, I can't wait to understand what "supercar" fast is like, at least I hope I get there Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If its under acceleration it could also be your diff
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    If its under acceleration it could also be your diff

I was thinking that too. I asked my mechanic he said it shouldnt be. I don't have LSD though, can that be the issue still.

I found a used transmission with LSD though, but I can't drop the dough for that right now. The axle and hub would be cheaper fix lol.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    So, the install went well. Had some issues with oil lines not reaching and charge pipes (stock) not fitting too well. They finally made it work. Just 2 issues, there is a PCV valve that's just out in the open.. don't really know what to do with that for now. I hear to leave it and just leave a filter on it. Others say to reroute into intake. Another issue is, I have a vaccum line thats connected to the DV nipple on the EFR thats not connected to anything.

Are these hardware problems okay? and will my car run right for now?

I'm working on the tuning and logging now, just takes a while to reach full boost at like 5k rpm. It doesn't pull that hard either. My car was faster before with the k04.. but w/e. I'm still in the tuning proccess and trying to figure everything out correctly.

Anyways, here are some pictures.

Stock turbo being removed:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Difference between my stock turbo and the new one: (still dont understand how that little thing made that much power)
    Click here to enlarge

Stock turbo removed stock exhaust manifold pictured :

Click here to enlarge

The EFR is installed:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Payam@BMS; 08-11-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    need to find where that vacuum line goes boss.. small issue lead to big problems

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    need to find where that vacuum line goes boss.. small issue lead to big problems
    I know, I've contacted the vendor that supplied it to me. The tuner says it can be left open. I just want to make sure though...
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can be left open. I was thinking about something else. I need to drill a hole into my intake and reroute my PCV valve into the intake. Hopefully that should be the last issue and on to the tuning. Time to go to home depot
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    awesome! cant wait for some feedback and kill stories!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    awesome! cant wait for some feedback and kill stories!
    Me too man. Hopefully by the end of this week it will all be sorted out..
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    So, the install went well. Had some issues with oil lines not reaching and charge pipes (stock) not fitting too well. They finally made it work. Just 2 issues, there is a PCV valve that's just out in the open.. don't really know what to do with that for now. I hear to leave it and just leave a filter on it. Others say to reroute into intake. Another issue is, I have a vaccum line thats connected to the DV nipple on the EFR thats not connected to anything.

Are these hardware problems okay? and will my car run right for now?

I'm working on the tuning and logging now, just takes a while to reach full boost at like 5k rpm. It doesn't pull that hard either. My car was faster before with the k04.. but w/e. I'm still in the tuning proccess and trying to figure everything out correctly.

Anyways, here are some pictures.

Stock turbo being removed:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Difference between my stock turbo and the new one: (still dont understand how that little thing made that much power)
    Click here to enlarge

Stock turbo removed stock exhaust manifold pictured :

Click here to enlarge

The EFR is installed:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Very nice set of pics here.

So the valve can be left open? If so, no big deal.

Why isn't it pulling harder?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Very nice set of pics here.

So the valve can be left open? If so, no big deal.

Why isn't it pulling harder?
    Thanks man. Well I just had to get a picture/diagram of the solenoid and check it out. They had all the connections correct, i just had to make one vent to atmosphere instead of plugging it up. That last picture with the steel line that is hanging out I need to reroute back into the intake. i already went to home depot and bought the hoses and fittings to make it legit. On wednesday I will do it when i have time for now it's just wrapped up, not causing a problem.

The reason might have been a corrupt file. I was getting lots of misfire with the tune around 5k rpm and up and it was getting boost wayyy to slowly. Then he sent me another file and bam was perfect. he said he really didn't change anything, and it must have been a $#@!ed file either from uploading or downloading from online. W/e though, now it's in the process of getting fine tuned. This thing does pull hard, for sure. Just gotta get that axle fixed and I will dyno mid september when it cools a bit.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast