Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My real question for M&T is... What was the 60ft time, many are speculating its somewhere in the 1.8-2.0 area. If it were say anything over 2.0 that would be scary
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The car has launch control. But I think its 60ft is 2.0 area.
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    My real question for M&T is... What was the 60ft time, many are speculating its somewhere in the 1.8-2.0 area. If it were say anything over 2.0 that would be scary
    Mags don't post actual slips as I think most use things like a Vbox now. They never posted timeslips, hate that.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A few of the car mags did write ups on the car. Car and driver says that ford claims it can run 11.7 @ 135 but they only ran 12.3 @ 120

"It works well. I was able to post several quarter-mile passes in the 12.3 second range, at around 120 mph. And one of the SVT engineers said that 9 times out of 10, he's faster with Launch Control than without. What makes the Ford different from other launch controls? Via controls on the steering wheel, the launch rpm can be varied in 100-rpm increments to suit the conditions. For the record, Ford says the GT500 can hit 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and blast through the quarter mile in 11.7 sec at 135 mph, figures that are very similar to the Ford GT supercar's. Sixty, of note, is reached in 1st gear, so that time is unaffected by a gear change."
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And inside line

We fiddled with different rpm levels to optimize/minimize wheelspin, our best run coming with a 4,100-rpm launch, netting 60 mph in 4.1 seconds (3.8 seconds with a 1-foot rollout like at a drag strip) and the quarter-mile in 12.2 seconds at 121.1 mph

In the GT500's defense, the testing conditions weren't ideal. We were testing at a crowded event. By the time we did our first run at Atlanta Dragway, our car had already done nearly 20 passes, so the GT500 didn't quite get the numbers we thought it might. Under perfect conditions and the right driver this is an 11-second car, easy.
    One thing's for sure, it is durable. Proof? Within about a two-and-a-half-hour window, five Shelby GT500s made 152 quarter-mile passes without a single failure. No overheating, no fried clutches, no broken driveshafts.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is it me or is this thing still comparable to the z06? I thought it was supposed to be for zr1. Trapping 125 with that much power?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    No. Not comparable to zr1. Z06 will kill it on a track.

Meant to beat zl1. Engine was compared to zr1 because it is a sc v8 with more power.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge

Meant to beat zl1. Engine was compared to zr1 because it is a sc v8 with more power.
    Thought so, thanks for clarifying
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge

I'll wait for numbers to come out with the vette comparisons... My suspicion is that the 13 GT500 will be closer than many will think to a Z06. Ultimately they are totally different platforms but fast is fast.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Beast
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Performance bargain of the century but I am willing to bet that a stock 2007 Z06 will shard on this car in every situation. No matter how much power it has, it still packs a ton of weight and I will put money on it that it has the infamous Mustang body roll which is a deal killer in almost every situation. It also like every other Mustang probably feels big.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Performance bargain of the century but I am willing to bet that a stock 2007 Z06 will shard on this car in every situation. No matter how much power it has, it still packs a ton of weight and I will put money on it that it has the infamous Mustang body roll which is a deal killer in almost every situation. It also like every other Mustang probably feels big.
    I bet you it wont feel as big as the camaro.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Both the ZL1 and the GT500 are heavy pigs. I would take a Grand Sport over both any day.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    Both the ZL1 and the GT500 are heavy pigs. I would take a Grand Sport over both any day.

Click here to enlarge
    The Vette is a different car. The Camaro and the Mustang are comparable. The Vette isn't the same class, why people don't get this I have no clue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The Vette is a different car. The Camaro and the Mustang are comparable. The Vette isn't the same class, why people don't get this I have no clue.
    +1 Also people compare Vettes to C63s. lol
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know thats why I am telling them to skip the $#@!ty Mustang - Camaro class and go into the Vette
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know thats why I am telling them to skip the $#@!ty Mustang - Camaro class and go into the Vette
    Good advice. I'll tell people looking at M5's to just skip the car and go straight for a 911 turbo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good advice. I'll tell people looking at M5's to just skip the car and go straight for a 911 turbo.
    The grand sport MSRP is 56k same as the ZL1 and GT500...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In my opinion, the GT500 will actually be better for serious drag racing vs setting the Vette up. The Vette will lose a lot of it's track ability to run the strip good. The GT500 will never be really awesome at a road course or autocross anyway.

Just wish the GT500 weighed in around 3100lbs like the older SVT Cobras did. It would probably pull the wheels up with Slicks and skinnies STOCK motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The grand sport MSRP is 56k same as the ZL1 and GT500...

Some people dont want a sports car with 2 seats/ pure track car its doesnt matter the price its as simple as that. I would rather have the Vette my self but I can understand the difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    On another note, I like that they got it to 7,000RPM. Ford's V8 rev a lot better than most of Chevy's stuff because Ford has better head/valve-train development in my opinion.
    Different philosophies for sure. GM uses bigger pushrod engines with only 2 valves per cylinder, this means bigger valves and bigger springs. A side effect of this is they don't rev as high or as fast as the fords which use 4 valves per cylinder and multiple camshafts. The GM engines tend to be torquier and better on the low end while the Ford engines of late have been higher revving and better on the top end. One benefit is a lower center of mass and lower manufacturing costs.

Both companies achieve very similar results, but both take different routes to get there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fieldysnuts8 Click here to enlarge
    Different philosophies for sure. GM uses bigger pushrod engines with only 2 valves per cylinder, this means bigger valves and bigger springs. A side effect of this is they don't rev as high or as fast as the fords which use 4 valves per cylinder and multiple camshafts. The GM engines tend to be torquier and better on the low end while the Ford engines of late have been higher revving and better on the top end. One benefit is a lower center of mass and lower manufacturing costs.

Both companies achieve very similar results, but both take different routes to get there.
    Also with OHV they apparently can get more displacement out of a smaller space constraint. I personally love the growl of the LS6 and LS7. This 5.8 from Ford is gonna breath SO good though with the aftermarket behind it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    can have Ferrari level coil-overs
    Not sure exactly what you mean by this but I'll assume you are talking about the Corvette's "magnetic suspension." You've got it backwards, the Ferrari has Corvette "level coil-overs" not the other way around. Not sure if its still the case, but at first at least Ferrari licensed the technology from GM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Werd Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I had a conundrum similar to this when I bought my Camaro. I really just wanted a used Vette for about the same $$ but I went with the Camaro at the end of the day because it has back seats and is a better GT car and daily driver which will make up the majority of my use for it. I think for a lot of buyers who don't have the option to have a driver car and a track car, a mustang/camaro/challenger is a great option. It gives you a taste of real performance without as many of the compromises you get with a "real" sports car like a Corvette.

Its not as good as a Vette, but as previously noted by others, these cars are in different classes. This mustang is a great car for people who want serious performance but still have families or other uses for back seats.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast