Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

700 WHP Cobalt SS

A Built motor/tranny and a larger turbo is pretty much all this thing needs. Just read what they did to pull it off, I'm amazed. 700whp in a 2900lb car do the math.

Not my car! This is ZZPerformance.

Here is the mod list for this car, I'm sure there's more but this is the main stuff:

zzp 2.0 with zzp rods, wiseco pistons
    zzp s2 cams with larger pump lobe and zzp valvesprings
    zzp s3 lnf turbo upgrade with s262 turbo and 46mm gate
    zzp lnf5 5th injector kit
    zzp custom dual in-tank pump setup
    zzp stage 2 trans

As I mentioned in another thread, we put a larger turbo on my LNF Cobalt to test some of our parts to a new level. With the 262 installed, I ran about 60% E98 with 40% 110 octane race gas and pushed this setup to the low 600whp range. The direct injectors were maxed as well as the 5th injector. I then swapped in an 80 for the 5th injector and starting lowering the percentage of ethanol by adding more 110 race gas. This was good for close to 680whp, but I was out of fuel system again. For the next step, I drained the fuel and switched to a mix of C16 and E85. I dropped the E percentage down to around 40% and leaned out the AFR about 1%. With more boost, this was enough to get the job done, pushing past 700whp. The highest dyno pull was 730whp with std correction and 42psi boost at the peak power. I did one more pull after that with sae correction(3.6% lower) and a little more boost. This pull pushed beyond the desired limits of the injection window and made a little less power despite running 1 more psi of boost. The sae corrected whp number was 700. Here is the dyno chart for the best pull-
    Click here to enlarge

Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What are you waiting for?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    What are you waiting for?
    I'm waiting for the EFR turbo to come out, they're almost done with finalizing. I'm looking for 420-450 whp stock motor and fueling Click here to enlarge. Don't think I'll be building this motor to hit something higher.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I'm looking for 420-450 whp stock motor and fueling Click here to enlarge. Don't think I'll be building this motor to hit something higher.
    If the mod bug hits you hard enough 420-450 will be short lived.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    If the mod bug hits you hard enough 420-450 will be short lived.
    Click here to enlarge, After that I gotta save up big $$ for a built motor and tranny. Don't know how long that will take haha.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    700whp in a 2900lb car do the math.
    Ton of power but in a front wheel drive what use is it really?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ton of power but in a front wheel drive what use is it really?
    Well, no real street use. You can see this is just for $#@!s and giggles. They're just testing out their products to see what it can handle. With 520whp, they're trapping over 130... I can't imagine what this can do.

This is with about 500+ wheel. Love leaving rubber marks on the floor at freeway speeds. Sick.

Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And that's 700whp on a Mustang Dyne! Nice!

I've seen a built LS3 with 200 wet shot just barely break 600. Although that poor Ecotech motor is taking 42psi to get there.

Definitely a sturdy build. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, no real street use. You can see this is just for $#@!s and giggles. They're just testing out their products to see what it can handle. With 520whp, they're trapping over 130... I can't imagine what this can do.

This is with about 500+ wheel. Love leaving rubber marks on the floor at freeway speeds. Sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZpGSWeyxhw
    Seems 500 is about the limit as far as useful power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    And that's 700whp on a Mustang Dyne! Nice!

I've seen a built LS3 with 200 wet shot just barely break 600. Although that poor Ecotech motor is taking 42psi to get there.

Definitely a sturdy build. Click here to enlarge
    Exactlywhat I was thinking. 43 psi is insane, but they did that to prove that their products are not mickey mouse. They're using their own rods they made and tranny etc. Pretty sick I must say.

Seems 500 is about the limit as far as useful power.
    Yea pretty much, I'm going to kick it at 420-450 whp. I'll be more than content with that much power. The next mod after big turbo I'm going to need to get a new tranny, with LSD.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Doesn't come with an LSD?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Doesn't come with an LSD?

It's an option, I thought mine had it as an option. I checked my Vin and cried the moment I saw i didn't have it. I found a tranny with LSD for 1500, but I want the turbo kit first.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's an option, I thought mine had it as an option. I checked my Vin and cried the moment I saw i didn't have it. I found a tranny with LSD for 1500, but I want the turbo kit first.
    You are definitely going to need both especially if you do more canyon runs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are definitely going to need both especially if you do more canyon runs.
    Yea lol, I gotta figure out if I should do the tranny swap at the same time when I wanna install the clutch. It would be the same thing lol.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmmm...pretty crazy. 5th injector setup is a little scary though. Can they not find larger injectors to replace the stockers?
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    zzp is down the street from me!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    is this the balt that shoved a rod out the block? im guessing that was the catalyst to rebuild and go for broke?
    pretty cool but fwd guys are funny to me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    Hmmm...pretty crazy. 5th injector setup is a little scary though. Can they not find larger injectors to replace the stockers?
    There is an article they wrote about it. http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...dding-injector

They maxed out the 5th injector and upped it and maxed it out again. They said its time to customize injectors for this car now.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    zzp is down the street from me!
    You're one lucky SOB. If I was where you lived I would have had the EFR turbo by now Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is an article they wrote about it. http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...dding-injector

They maxed out the 5th injector and upped it and maxed it out again. They said its time to customize injectors for this car now.

You're one lucky SOB. If I was where you lived I would have had the EFR turbo by now Click here to enlarge
    So they started off just going with the 5th injector? hmmmm, I always worry cars with that type of setup will have one or two cylinders run lean do to the air flow and fuel mixing in the plenum and manifold unevenly. Guess they have the same problem as the N54 with the DI though.

Well at least they are going to upgrade the 4 primaries now. Pretty crazy power for that little 4.
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    So they started off just going with the 5th injector? hmmmm, I always worry cars with that type of setup will have one or two cylinders run lean do to the air flow and fuel mixing in the plenum and manifold unevenly. Guess they have the same problem as the N54 with the DI though.

Well at least they are going to upgrade the 4 primaries now. Pretty crazy power for that little 4.
    Yes, they tried it out and found that it worked quite well. Here is a quote from them about the 5th injector

The injector replaces the EVAP solenoid. The EVAP then mounts on the block that sticks out towards the front of the car. It's hard to see it in the pic, but there is a mounting pad for the EVAP. The original EVAP hole aims right at the center of intake directly above the throttle plate, so the fuel mixes very well.

@Sticky I kept trying over and over to reply this ^^ and it kept sending me to a page stating
    "Tags cannot be overly common words (6)." I had to write some BS, the edit it and save it.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, they tried it out and found that it worked quite well. Here is a quote from them about the 5th injector

@Sticky I kept trying over and over to reply this ^^ and it kept sending me to a page stating
    "Tags cannot be overly common words (6)." I had to write some BS, the edit it and save it.
    Just roll with it dude I am on an Iphone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just roll with it dude I am on an Iphone.
    Lol, not a problem. I worked around it. Just letting you know brotha don't trip.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol, not a problem. I worked around it. Just letting you know brotha don't trip.
    Forum issues drive me nuts

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Forum issues drive me nuts
    ^^^ slack'in on da job