Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    Is it me or is everything being compared to the ZR1 vette? With this viper and the new gt500 mustang releasing in the near future, I wonder what chevy has planned to up their game...
    I agree with the Viper/zr1 comparison as they are, natural, longtime enemies. For example, I actually have an old book about the viper from when it first came out in the 90's (great times for cars) and half the book compares the viper with the old Zr1 (the other half compares it to the original shelby cobra).

I dont agree with the comparison between the gt500 and the zr1. The gt500 is an accessible muscle missile for the masses. But its crude, and not in an endearing way like the Viper. Its heavy, nose heavy, and it doesn't handle terribly well (although it is much improved). In short, the gt500 will not be setting any records at the Nurburgring (sp?) or Laguna Seca and would be handily beaten by a zr1, a viper, and beaten to a slightly lesser extent by the z06. Its just not in the same league as these other cars.

As far as Chevy stepping its game up, look no further than the c7 vette which should be gracing us with its presence within the next couple years.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fieldysnuts8 Click here to enlarge
    I absolutely love this car. I loved the old viper too but I am absolutely head over heels for this.

I love the corvette ZR1 and Z06 also and would probably buy one of these over a viper if i had the money. However, i love the rawness of the viper.
    The Viper is just brute force American, hard not to love that.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The Viper is just brute force American, hard not to love that.
    +1
    in a few years down the line we will see a 10.0L V10 viper, then eventually a 15.0L. Seems like they just want to win the race on who has the biggest motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    +1
    in a few years down the line we will see a 10.0L V10 viper, then eventually a 15.0L. Seems like they just want to win the race on who has the biggest motor.
    Some call it a problem...I call it a gift Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They finally did it. It will actually be enjoyable when you aren't racing. Adjustable dampers. Cruise control. Cup holders. Nice interior. Good double-din monitor.

GOOD WORK DODGE! And they didn't build for only low-end torque. The first production car OHV variable-valve timing system. (You can see it kick in on the dyno chart)

Just awesome. Even just 14psi through this thing opened-up is going to be ridiculous. Basically the equivalent of a 16L motor at that boost level.

Most torque of any naturally aspirated production car in the world. And it still revs well.

I want one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    The first production car OHV variable-valve timing system. (You can see it kick in on the dyno chart).
    Not true. I don't know who was first but GM had vvt on some of their recent ohv v-6's in impalas and the like.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fieldysnuts8 Click here to enlarge
    Not true. I don't know who was first but GM had vvt on some of their recent ohv v-6's in impalas and the like.
    My mistake. Thanks for pointing that out!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nothing wrong with a 10 liter V10 making 1000 hp stock
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12