Close

Thread: 1000hp cts-v

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

1000hp cts-v

think youll beat this thing in a drag? or even a roll on @Sticky ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bro frankly there is nothing in the luxury car segment $#@!ing with these V's. There's just too much aftermarket support on the LS's. Here is the street car of the guy who built my motor, he had it built by vengeance racing which is here a few minutes from my house.

http://www.dragzine.com/news/video-t...win-turbo-z06/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thank god for traction control . I wonder how good that TCS system can hold up with all that power ??? daily driving without it will be a hand full .
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Bro frankly there is nothing in the luxury car segment $#@!ing with these V's. There's just too much aftermarket support on the LS's. Here is the street car of the guy who built my motor, he had it built by vengeance racing which is here a few minutes from my house.

http://www.dragzine.com/news/video-t...win-turbo-z06/

yikes that thing is ferocious....and sleeperish

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DAGREEKNYC Click here to enlarge
    thank god for traction control . I wonder how good that TCS system can hold up with all that power ??? daily driving without it will be a hand full .

stabilitrack has a hard enough time with my power stock...lol

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Beastly... Yes it is!!!
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    think youll beat this thing in a drag? or even a roll on @Sticky ?
    Not unless I make around 900 whp... which I won't... yet.

Still, the CTS-V is really heavy and has no dual clutch option.

The LS will always have more power potential.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    an upgraded tranny and a tranny tune can fix some of the sluggish shifting on the Vs....yea its heavy but so is the M5, CLS63, CLK63 black series...if im making over 100whp and tq more than you would it even make a difference if the tranny was a little sluggish?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No it wouldn't, besides if you really build it right there are 1400whp+ daily driven LS's out there and sticky or those Benz's aren't getting close to that figure anytime soon nor would their drivetrain be up to the challenge. Like I said the V's performance is untouchable specially for the $$ and time, if you made your V have 1,000+whp it would take 2 months and 20-25k for sticky to get that it would be 3 years and probably double your cost. I took a long hard look at the CTS V before I bought my 550 since it was 20k cheaper and I knew would have way more potential then I'd ever get out of the N63. Ultimately I passed on it but it's a badass car for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No it wouldn't, besides if you really build it right there are 1400whp+ daily driven LS's out there and sticky or those Benz's aren't getting close to that figure anytime soon nor would their drivetrain be up to the challenge. Like I said the V's performance is untouchable specially for the $$ and time, if you made your V have 1,000+whp it would take 2 months and 20-25k for sticky to get that it would be 3 years and probably double your cost. I took a long hard look at the CTS V before I bought my 550 since it was 20k cheaper and I knew would have way more potential then I'd ever get out of the N63. Ultimately I passed on it but it's a badass car for sure.

i guess you just cant beat american muscle....for the power or the price....all the USA needed was to work on suspension in order to compete with zee germans and it seems they are finally ready to start stepping up to the challenge...im just waiting for all of these V builds to finish....right now im looking at a 427 + 2.9L whipple, 427 + sc + twin turbo, and 427 + 65mm twin turbo....all should be doing north of 900 wheel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    i guess you just cant beat american muscle....for the power or the price....all the USA needed was to work on suspension in order to compete with zee germans and it seems they are finally ready to start stepping up to the challenge...im just waiting for all of these V builds to finish....right now im looking at a 427 + 2.9L whipple, 427 + sc + twin turbo, and 427 + 65mm twin turbo....all should be doing north of 900 wheel
    Why are you waiting for others to be done? There's plenty of shops that will start on it right away and be done quickly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why are you waiting for others to be done? There's plenty of shops that will start on it right away and be done quickly.

well part of the reason is i havent even tested the car stock barely....havent been to the track or anything....just the dyno....wanna see what this thing can do before it goes under the knife so i figured i might as well wait and watch ....they will all be done within the month anyways so no big deal....they all have the benefit of living out in the midwest and west coast so they can test and tune all day everyday Click here to enlarge . After im all set i will make my choice of what setup i want and make it happen. But the twin turbo is the front runner right now Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats a bad ass Caddy right there!!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All I need is a big Procharger...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    All I need is a big Procharger...
    Maybe with an F1c you can do it but I'm guessing you'd blow your car apart running that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe with an F1c you can do it but I'm guessing you'd blow your car apart running that.
    Why?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why?
    I've seen people make 1200whp+ with those and frankly at that point all kind of $#@! is gonna start breaking. Your whole rear end will probably need massive changes, your new trans would suddenly be 20% over it's new max capacity, block strength would probably come into play. Are you currently speeding the block? If so would it be able to hold that? Crank? Probably need billet at that point. Then it's safety, your gonna want to throw a decent cage in there probably an 8.50 chromoly etc it just becomes a huge new project. At 900whp your probably on the edge of all that but those other 300whp certainly pushes you over. Hell even traction would be impossible to come by. Imagine this you pioneered the trans upgrade and all kidding aside you gotta admit it's been a nightmare wait, now imagine having to tackle 3 other projects just like that(actually harder probably). On the V it's all been done by thousands of different cars and shops and it's all been figure out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've seen people make 1200whp+ with those and frankly at that point all kind of $#@! is gonna start breaking. Your whole rear end will probably need massive changes, your new trans would suddenly be 20% over it's new max capacity, block strength would probably come into play.
    I'm making big HP with little torque though. Torque breaks $#@! in a hurry.

I think the rear end and trans would be fine at the 1000 level with a centrifugal.

The block is sleeved.

Hell even traction would be impossible to come by.
    Plenty of cars with 1000+ are doing highway runs and putting the power down. I think the M is ideal in this regard as it is huge power with little torque so it should in theory put it down better than the other guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    love the CTS V and was a $#@! HAIRS AWAY from buying one just the stereo typing kept me away from it ! i would be branded a BBG . great car though .
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    jeez, that vette has no room for turbo stuff! unfortunately it made for some compromises in its wastegate routing design