Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    yea, get the drf file. the tch pickup is needed. are you saying he did or didnt clip the wire on an ign coil?
    He did not clip the wire on an ign coil, that's why he couldnt get rpm or torque. They compliment each other.. so yea. But I will still get it for you.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Nothing 'conservative' about 12.7 flatline on boost even with D/I @20psi. I run N/A cars in that range on 93pump.

Those second set of graphs you have posted appear to have blatant learned timing correction in the end of the curve. DO it right the first time and have the tuner calibrate it on a load bearing dyno for best results. No flash tune/street tune stuff unless you want a 85% result.
    Well my tune on the dyno shows 14+ AFR very lean. MY wideband says 12.7. I need to retune, and log my stuff. The tuner just sent me the most basic conservative file for my mods. I need to pay some more and have him look over my logs and retune for timing etc.

IIRC his motor is a $#@! to setup for torque/rpm pickup for an older dynojet 242, so i assume thats why it was horsepower over MPH.
    I think this is why he couldnt do it.

How do I know this and you don't. I live in Boston Click here to enlarge.
    my thoughts exactly lol
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I eat a dyno wideband once a month, it probably was dead or in your exhaust flap or something.

in exhaust widebands are much more important, 12.7 is still lean.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    He did not clip the wire on an ign coil, that's why he couldnt get rpm or torque. They compliment each other.. so yea. But I will still get it for you.

Well my tune on the dyno shows 14+ AFR very lean. MY wideband says 12.7. I need to retune, and log my stuff. The tuner just sent me the most basic conservative file for my mods. I need to pay some more and have him look over my logs and retune for timing etc.

I think this is why he couldnt do it.

my thoughts exactly lol
    The thing that is really odd about that is that horse power is work done over time, a mathematical function of torque. Very weird to accurately get horsepower w/o having torque.
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I eat a dyno wideband once a month, it probably was dead or in your exhaust flap or something.

in exhaust widebands are much more important, 12.7 is still lean.
    Lean for FI. But ideal for NA-12.7
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How do I know this and you don't. I live in Boston Click here to enlarge.
    It may say something about how you and I spend our free time differently.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It may say something about how you and I spend our free time differently.

You and I seem to spend our time similarly according to facebook. Asian women, Alcohol, BMWs, Forums. LOL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You and I seem to spend our time similarly according to facebook. Asian women, Alcohol, BMWs, Forums. LOL.
    Everything you said is true, except for the Asian women part!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is still time to change.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is still time to change.
    I like blonde bimbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    The thing that is really odd about that is that horse power is work done over time, a mathematical function of torque. Very weird to accurately get horsepower w/o having torque.
    Here is the basic formula Tq=(5252 x HP)/ RPM. I don't have my rpm at the given hp rating. I would need to get my rpm to mph or something..
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like chicken goats with soy sauce on Wednesdays.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Right dude... You are right, this IS the formula for HP.

The thing is - this drum (that you are moving) weighs a certain amount. This drum is accelerated both momentarily (torque) and accelerated period (horsepower). This is OVERLY simplified - but is the basic gist. You are making this drum move faster and faster, over a period of time (RPM/SPEED) - to get a good high peak horsepower - you need to make either a decent amount of torque at high RPM, or a TON of torque at medium/low RPM. My point is this, you cannot derive horsepower without knowing how HARD you moved that drum (i.e. torque) - and then how HARD you are moving it throughout the RPM band (this is a horsepower curve oversimplified). Not sure if this is making sense - but this website may help out:

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Miscella...queHPSpeed.htm

I could explain this over voice better than over "message" - but it holds true that this computer that has provided the graph MUST know force/torque before giving you horsepower over time/speed/RPM/etc.

Hope that makes some sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    The thing is - this drum (that you are moving) weighs a certain amount. This drum is accelerated both momentarily (torque) and accelerated period (horsepower). This is OVERLY simplified - but is the basic gist. You are making this drum move faster and faster, over a period of time (RPM/SPEED) - to get a good high peak horsepower - you need to make either a decent amount of torque at high RPM, or a TON of torque at medium/low RPM. My point is this, you cannot derive horsepower without knowing how HARD you moved that drum (i.e. torque) - and then how HARD you are moving it throughout the RPM band (this is a horsepower curve oversimplified). Not sure if this is making sense - but this website may help out:
    Someone finally said it Click here to enlarge That is how the dynojet works.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Here is the basic formula Tq=(5252 x HP)/ RPM. I don't have my rpm at the given hp rating. I would need to get my rpm to mph or something..

Yeaaaa...that is the formula for torque...which IS the inverse of the formula for hp.

So by definition (simplified):

Torque is the twisting force applied.
    Horse power is work done (i.e. torque) per unit of time (i.e. rpm)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Right dude... You are right, this IS the formula for HP.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Miscella...queHPSpeed.htm

I could explain this over voice better than over "message" - but it holds true that this computer that has provided the graph MUST know force/torque before giving you horsepower over time/speed/RPM/etc.

Hope that makes some sense.
    Thank you...This is what i was trying to get at w/o going all out, glad someone understood what i was trying to say.
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I did the math for myself as I did previoiusly with my gti...

in 4ht gear @ 70 mph my rpm is at 3200 where my hp is at around 210... so

210x 5252 all over 3200= 344.6 wheel tq.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12