Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,433
    Rep Points
    32,144.1
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No

    Dream about a turbo E46 M3 but are not sure how to pay for it? Horsepower freaks in house financing has you covered

    We all know M3 turbo kits do not come cheap. Fortunately, Horsepower Freaks has financing solutions that can make turbo dreams a reality. Their financing only applies to installations done in house (at their facility). Their financing will cover up to 50% of the cost including the install and labor, pretty nice. Payments are spread over 12 months and interest is set at 5%. On stages 2.5 and up 18 month financing options are available. Payments start the next month after the car leaves the facility. What are you waiting for? Go get your turbo!

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,735
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Haha how funny.. Great idea but just the thought of financing a turbo kit
    JB4LIFE

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,433
    Rep Points
    32,144.1
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    Haha how funny.. Great idea but just the thought of financing a turbo kit
    I don't see anything wrong with the idea of financing it. I wish I could have financed all my parts. Much more money would be in my pocket.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    Haha how funny.. Great idea but just the thought of financing a turbo kit
    Exactly
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    97.8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't see anything wrong with the idea of financing it. I wish I could have financed all my parts. Much more money would be in my pocket.
    ...maybe now, in 12 months you'll have 5% less of that wallet-padding... but hopefully you'll have made enough more to offset the difference
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,433
    Rep Points
    32,144.1
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire Click here to enlarge
    ...maybe now, in 12 months you'll have 5% less of that wallet-padding... but hopefully you'll have made enough more to offset the difference
    I'm dealing in fairly large amounts and it isn't exactly fun to deliver huge wads of cash all at once. I would much prefer spaced out payments to keep more money for myself that can be making money in other areas to offset that 5%...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    97.8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm dealing in fairly large amounts and it isn't exactly fun to deliver huge wads of cash all at once. I would much prefer spaced out payments to keep more money for myself that can be making money in other areas to offset that 5%...
    trust me, i know. And I've never dropped e92 cash. When I purchased my turbo kit and paid for machinework for the m54, those were my biggest cash drops over my e46. It hurt both times, and I'm certain you drop much heftier amounts given dsg, and e92 and the cost of other wrenching on your stuff. HPF makes great stuff, and it's a great deal, regardless of financing. And yes, this will make the kit more accessible. So financing might make the experience more doable, but it does cost more.
    Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,433
    Rep Points
    32,144.1
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire Click here to enlarge
    trust me, i know. And I've never dropped e92 cash. When I purchased my turbo kit and paid for machinework for the m54, those were my biggest cash drops over my e46. It hurt both times, and I'm certain you drop much heftier amounts given dsg, and e92 and the cost of other wrenching on your stuff. HPF makes great stuff, and it's a great deal, regardless of financing. And yes, this will make the kit more accessible. So financing might make the experience more doable, but it does cost more.
    I agree with you. The main thing is flexibility. This provides people with another option and HPF should be applauded for offering it, especially in house. I don't see any other BMW tuners doing it or any big German tuners for that matter.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    286
    Rep Points
    93.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That's very very nice !

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    311
    Rep Points
    231.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    it is perfect for some people that have a hard time saving! This makes it perfect for them to be just able to pay it off little by little and not have to save up for the huge lump sum!Click here to enlarge

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    I think it's a great idea.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Points
    3,343.8
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    I think this is not a bad idea at all...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pretty sure I am in Mexico
    Posts
    925
    Rep Points
    930.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    $#@!. Someone tell them not to finance any of the up coming N54 kits....I have very little self control when it comes to expensive car parts. Click here to enlarge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13
    Rep Points
    45.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I personally think this is a good idea for the right customer. First off, someone that needs financing on their turbo kit most probably have their vehicles that they are putting their turbo kits on, financed. So your going to have your normal car payment (x amount) AND your going to have your performance parts that are on that car payment financed as well... Seems to me this is going to get some people in trouble financially since there basically going to be having two car payments on one car. Does anyone see my point? Now on the other hand if somebody has their car paid off and doesnt have quiet enough for what they want there car to be, then yes this is a great idea. For HPF to be offering this is amazing in itself and definently give them props. They are one of the top tuners in the country, well really the world! So more power to them! I can just see certain customers getting there self in a mess if you know what I mean... Very cool though and major props to HPF.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    748
    Rep Points
    1,054.4
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This is everything wrong with the American economy right now, financing what could be argued as frivolous or nice to have makes absolutely no sense at all for the average consumer. Not every enthusiast is dripping with cash, I think HPF is lining up for a lot of defaults.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    79
    Rep Points
    176.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    This is everything wrong with the American economy right now, financing what could be argued as frivolous or nice to have makes absolutely no sense at all for the average consumer. Not every enthusiast is dripping with cash, I think HPF is lining up for a lot of defaults.
    We've been doing this already for the past few years...not one defaulted account to date.
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    HorsepowerFreaks.com
    12905 NE Airport Way
    Portland, OR 97230
    (503) 256-5600
    BMW Performance Parts
    Product questions or to purchase - branden@horsepowerfreaks.com

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,797
    Rep Points
    2,565.5
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPFBranden Click here to enlarge
    We've been doing this already for the past few years...not one defaulted account to date.
    Thats good to hear, impossible to keep it that way forever unfortunately, but being reasonable and working with people is probably a good way to keep that number down.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,433
    Rep Points
    32,144.1
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Thats good to hear, impossible to keep it that way forever unfortunately, but being reasonable and working with people is probably a good way to keep that number down.
    I seriously doubt they just give anyone financing. You have to come up with a chunk of cash first. They have nothing to be scared of.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,433
    Rep Points
    32,144.1
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    This is everything wrong with the American economy right now, financing what could be argued as frivolous or nice to have makes absolutely no sense at all for the average consumer. Not every enthusiast is dripping with cash, I think HPF is lining up for a lot of defaults.
    Why would they be?

    Monetary options are nice. This opens the door up to more people. What, you paid for your car in straight cash? BMW doesn't seem to worry about the large portion of their cars being leased. Financing is a huge part of our monetary system. I think a lot of people have mortgages because they would not otherwise be able to afford to buy their homes.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    79
    Rep Points
    176.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I seriously doubt they just give anyone financing. You have to come up with a chunk of cash first. They have nothing to be scared of.
    Thats correct, we do require 1/2 of the money up front before we even start the work on the car.
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    HorsepowerFreaks.com
    12905 NE Airport Way
    Portland, OR 97230
    (503) 256-5600
    BMW Performance Parts
    Product questions or to purchase - branden@horsepowerfreaks.com

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,433
    Rep Points
    32,144.1
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPFBranden Click here to enlarge
    Thats correct, we do require 1/2 of the money up front before we even start the work on the car.
    Heh, just kind of funny some guys are trying to tell you how to finance. I doubt Chris is accepting IOU's scribbled on post it notes.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    79
    Rep Points
    176.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Heh, just kind of funny some guys are trying to tell you how to finance. I doubt Chris is accepting IOU's scribbled on post it notes.

    Well thats just as good as money sir, those are IOU's

    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    HorsepowerFreaks.com
    12905 NE Airport Way
    Portland, OR 97230
    (503) 256-5600
    BMW Performance Parts
    Product questions or to purchase - branden@horsepowerfreaks.com

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    IOUs are what I use to pay off my debt.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,433
    Rep Points
    32,144.1
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    IOUs are what I use to pay off my debt.
    Our government just prints money to pay theirs off, kind of similar.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    282
    Rep Points
    245.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Hmm. 5% compounded monthly comes out to about $500 interest in total. (Total Value being ~$20k, with you paying ~10k up front).Still a pretty penny when you think about it. I would rather save up and just pay up front.But then again, I'm a greedy Jew Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •