Close

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No

    Shelby GT500 to get 5.8 liter V8

    Interesting, things are heating up:

    Fans of large displacement and forced induction (isn't that everyone?) can officially rejoice today as therecently approved deal between Ford and the United Auto Workers has answered a question that's been on our minds ever since Chevrolet upped the horsepower ante with its Camaro ZL1. Yes, folks, the 2013 Shelby GT500 will be blessed with a 5.8-liter supercharged V8 engine.

    While conventional wisdom has always been that the easiest way to increase horsepower and torque was to bore-and-stroke your way to more displacement, an interesting series of spy shots showing one conspicuously oversize intercooler led some to believe Ford was ditching the supercharger in favor of twin turbos. Not so, apparently. Ford's latest contract with the UAW reveals that its Romeo Engine Assembly Plant will receive a $50 million investment to build the 5.8L supercharged mill.

    Naturally, contract talk doesn't include a whiff on horsepower or torque, but you can bet Ford is planning on eking out more than the 580 horses that Chevy has corralled from the 2012 Camaro ZL1. Something around 600 seems like a safe bet, but we'll just have to wait for an official announcement from Ford. In the meantime, sweet supercharged dreams.
    News Source: Mustangs Daily

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Points
    2,262.8
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Nice
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,279
    Rep Points
    460.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    ohhh good ole romeo engine plant... all the idiots i went to highschool with work there lol...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    ohhh good ole romeo engine plant... all the idiots i went to highschool with work there lol...
    Why are they idiots?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,279
    Rep Points
    460.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    10% off the people in the plant do 90% of the work and the other 10% just does not get done.... they sleep avoid doing work sell and cook food all day asides doing there actual jobs. some people punch other people in that are not even there.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    GO FORD!!!!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Murrland
    Posts
    287
    Rep Points
    489.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    I wonder if it'll be a sleeved aluminum block and if the blower will be an Eaton or a Whipple. I'm guessing aluminum and Eaton for obvious reasons.
    07 e92 335i Best run: 11.83@ 120.04 w/ 1.84 60' & 2127 DA

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    pulley and exhaust = 800 hp
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Damn Ford is awesome as of late.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •