Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Guy wins no-reserve GT-R auction, dealership backs out... hilarity ensues.

You guys been following any of this story? A guy in Alaska made the winning bid on a no-reserve GT-R for $55k from a Honda dealership in TX, only to have the dealership renege on the offer. Instead of just assuming all was lost, the guy is determined to enforce the legally binding auction contract.

http://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-o...an-marcos.html

Has really blown up in the last day or so.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    haha! Wow I hope he gets this resolved...that is a pretty high mileage car though. Not sure I'd want an 09 with <35K on the odo especially with the tranny concerns.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    happened with an m3 not long ago and the buyer won. also,looks like they are fighting over 4 grand lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    20 pages in one day. The dealer is going to lose. Ebay is Ebay and you already did what you did. They $#@!ed up and its end of story. Now their dealership reputation is going to get $#@!ed just for doing this. They should have just done it under the table instead of $#@!ing $#@! up.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
    haha! Wow I hope he gets this resolved...that is a pretty high mileage car though. Not sure I'd want an 09 with <35K on the odo especially with the tranny concerns.
    Wow, is it that bad for used GTR's. When 36k miles is high mileage. If true, they are going to be worthless with 70-80k miles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    20 pages in one day. The dealer is going to lose. Ebay is Ebay and you already did what you did. They $#@!ed up and its end of story. Now their dealership reputation is going to get $#@!ed just for doing this. They should have just done it under the table instead of $#@!ing $#@! up.
    35 pages now... and that thread is priceless. Wonder how long the dealership will try to hold back the internet... fools.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    anyone have account there that they can post ? i can't seem to activate my account probably server is 2 flooded.
    I made a little prank call one of many i will do.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Supposedly they honored the deal... but i was told the car is still available...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    is that a low price for such a gtr?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah. This shows the stupidity of the dealership. In cases like this you know you are gonna lose.
    defending yourself on Internet is just idiotic, it just hurts your reputation!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    happened with an m3 not long ago and the buyer won. also,looks like they are fighting over 4 grand lol.
    That is right, and I believe the guy ended up winning with that dealer. That turned into a massive thread as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Wow, is it that bad for used GTR's. When 36k miles is high mileage. If true, they are going to be worthless with 70-80k miles.
    The early GT-Rs were notorious for having transmission issues related to the launch control feature - owners were having their warranties voided, parts were failing from stress. I'd be very hesitant to purchase a high performance car with known transmission concerns nearing the end of it's warranty. But that's just me!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The early GT-Rs were notorious for having transmission issues related to the launch control feature - owners were having their warranties voided, parts were failing from stress. I'd be very hesitant to purchase a high performance car with known transmission concerns nearing the end of it's warranty. But that's just me!
    not just you lol...right on the money
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

i hope our community pulls together as hard as my350z did if some $#@! like this goes down for one of us.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    These guys over on the 350Z board are acting like the buyer stole the car, $55k for a 36k mile 09 is not even a great deal especially considering the buyer lives in Alaska and is going to spend another couple grand getting the car home. A local dealership(St Charles, IL) has a 09 GT-R with 10k miles listed at $62k...and that's the asking price, you could easily grab it for $58-$59k. Know had the buyer scored it for $35k, that would have been a story. The good news is it appears to be working out for the buyer and if he's happy that's all that really matters.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dealership trying to sue the buyer because they Reputation went to ass =D you gotta love America with their $#@!ty lawsuits.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    G'luck with that. They told him to pound sand...he went to the forums instead. The reaction it started was more than even the buyer had anticipated. He can't be held accountable for comments posted by others.
    But your right 55k for a gt'r with no-reverse? not exactly a steal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

^hahahaha! Serves them right, I don't think they will get anywhere with that except an even worse rep! They should use that money to close down and re-open under another name in a few months.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The buyer scored the GTR, dealership agreed to sell it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    G'luck with that. They told him to pound sand...he went to the forums instead. The reaction it started was more than even the buyer had anticipated. He can't be held accountable for comments posted by others.
    But your right 55k for a gt'r with no-reverse? not exactly a steal.
    The point isn't the price, it is that the dealer is not upholding their end of the contract.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LuckyEff Click here to enlarge
    The buyer scored the GTR, dealership agreed to sell it.
    Glad to hear it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Have you owned a GTR? or is it just the internet wisdom you're claiming as the truth?

As a previous owner of an 09 GTR i find your wealth of info frankly a bit hard to swallow.

And wrong too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My friend has an 09 GTR, has 25k on it now and aside from a full trans replacement at 7k the car has been rock solid..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LuckyEff Click here to enlarge
    Have you owned a GTR? or is it just the internet wisdom you're claiming as the truth?

As a previous owner of an 09 GTR i find your wealth of info frankly a bit hard to swallow.

And wrong too.
    Right below your post though Matt is saying he had a friend with an earlier car that had the trans replaced...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast