Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

2012 R8 to get HP bump for both V8 and V10 along with possibly a DSG (dual clutch) transmission

This is some pretty good news if it turns out to be true. CAR is reporting that the R8 will be getting an HP bump. The R8 V8 will get a horsepower boost to match the RS5. It will go to about 444 horsepower up from the current 414 which resembled the B7 RS4. The V10 will also be getting a bump since it was detuned vs. the Gallardo. It will go up to 533 up from the current 518. The real big news though is that both might be getting a 7-speed DSG gearbox. That would take the R8 into some elite (458 Italia) territory. For those of you who just bought your R8 GT versions, bummer, but new versions of the GT should be coming as well.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good, they $#@!in need it. Raced a v8 convertible a couple days ago 2nd gear roll. Outcome was as expected, just started pulling on him when I hit 3rd gear maybe 1 car at the end of 110 mph(my 3rd gear).. I don't understand why they would put that engine in there in the first place.

It is a gorgeous car tho, I just can't help but stare when there is one in sight. $#@!in love it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Good, they $#@!in need it. Raced a v8 convertible a couple days ago 2nd gear roll. Outcome was as expected, just started pulling on him when I hit 3rd gear maybe 1 car at the end of 110 mph(my 3rd gear).. I don't understand why they would put that engine in there in the first place.
    I remember when I spanked an R8 coupe that was new right on PCH when I had bolt on's. Great feeling, could tell guy was puzzled. He stayed way the hell away from me after that Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I remember when I spanked an R8 coupe that was new right on PCH when I had bolt on's. Great feeling, could tell guy was puzzled. He stayed way the hell away from me after that Click here to enlarge
    LOL, I know!!! They tend to do that. The guy just gave me a thumbs up and just started cruising all slowly behind me. I think he was a little ashamed that a cobalt just did that. The m3 has no problem with the R8, just another one in the books.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Finally..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sick! that really makes me feel like a R8 V10 in the future
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    about time they made it faster...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan Click here to enlarge
    sick! that really makes me feel like a R8 V10 in the future
    Same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nasty! My cousin did exactly like that to me. He picked me up to and went to get the car. at the way home we raced to see what it got, and I got dusted. was quite disappointing!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Nasty! My cousin did exactly like that to me. He picked me up to and went to get the car. at the way home we raced to see what it got, and I got dusted. was quite disappointing!
    Ya, the R8 V8 just isn't all that fast unfortunately. But it does like turbos...