Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

AMS ALPHA 12 Worlds FIRST 8 second GT-R 8.9 @ 170 mph -- 3.34 60-130!, It's been done!!!!!!!!! + NO NITROUS!!!!

History has been made! Tonight the ALPHA 12 package went back to the track with more favorable weather conditions. The result was the worlds first 8 second GT-R!

Even with a 1.668 60 foot the ALPHA 12 driven by our own Ivan Phipps went 8.975@169.49 mph!!!!!!

In addition the 60-130 time was broken again with a 3.38 60-130mph!!!!!!!!!

60 foot 1.668
    330ft 4.166
    1/8th mile 6.042
    1/8 mph 132.74
    1000ft 7.634
    1/4 8.975
    1/4 mph 169.49

More news to follow!

Edit:

Ok now that I have a little more time to post and not using Tim sanders I-pad track-side let me get a little more in depth.

First there are so many people to thank for this and I REALLY hope I do not forget anyone.

Of course all of our sponsors, without your support this would of been much more difficult. Your parts put us over the top!

Cobb Tuning
    Darton Sleeves
    Dodson motorsport
    Exedy Clutch
    Ferrea Racing components
    Injector Dynamics
    JE Pistons
    Kelford Cams
    Sheptrans.com

I want to give a special thank you to Tim Sanders, while it wasn't your car this run embodied your spirit. Without your passion for pushing the envelope we would not of had the ability to do it. Everyone here at the shop is grateful for your contributions to the GT-R community. Having you track-side while we broke the record meant more than you will ever know. You are and always will be family here before a customer.

Thank you to EVERYONE here at AMS! We are 30 plus strong and EVERYONE had a hand in making this happen. From Chris tuning the car and spending countless hours on the dyno to Tim Salefski building the strongest damn GT-R engine I have ever seen. Lets not forget the engineers and fabricators for making quite possibly the best damn parts on the planet! Ivan gets the gold star award though. Not only did he build the car he put his ass in the rocket and rode it down to an 8 second pass. When you see the video you will understand why I said "rode" Click here to enlarge

Andew Hadeed and Habib from Rocket Science racing in Antigua. Traction was BAD but with there slightly larger M&H drag radials it proved to be JUUUUUUUUUUUST enough to help us crack that 8 second barrier.

Lastly and most importantly all of our GT-R customers. We have been at this game for 10 years now building performance cars. NEVER have we been embraced by a community so well. I really hope everyone appreciates how great this site is and how amazing this community is as a whole. Your constantly motivated us to be better and your unyielding faith is what drives us every day to build the best cars and parts that we can. THANK YOU!

And we are not done yet Click here to enlarge

Eric

Sticky when will BMW catch GTRs ? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    waiting for sticky to curse this GT-R in 3.....2.............1...lol

in all seriousness though thats a great accomplishment

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    GT-R drivers have no friends.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice numbers! I've got to get one of these When I'm done with my drag car. Keep up the good work. With a better 60ft there are much lower times on that motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm going to cry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm going to cry.
    Click here to enlargelmao

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    WTF people. These $#@!ing cars are just stupid fast!!!! Crazy $#@!, just crazy. So much harder for Euro's to accomplish this on a brand new car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It's still a soul-less robot from the future sent back in time to destroy the automotive industry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Skylines have been doing this for 15 years! And what's crazy is that the real strength of this car is it's handling. It is a very fast car in a straight line stock but it is almost unbeatable by any car on a road course.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Skylines have been doing this for 15 years! And what's crazy is that the real strength of this car is it's handling. It is a very fast car in a straight line stock but it is almost unbeatable by any car on a road course.
    who gives a $#@!? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    who gives a $#@!? Click here to enlarge
    My point is that this car has an unbelievable pedigree and has been one of the worlds top supercars for a solid 20 years now and certainly one of the best if not the best bang/buck cars around. I also wanted to point out that it's not just a one dimensional car that simply goes fast in a straight line. For example, you can get a mustang to these speeds for a hell of alot less $ than this but it's no where near in terms of handling and road worthiness. If you saw one of the UGR lambo threads on here I said at this point I would take one of these AMS GTR's over the TT gallardo as crazy as that may sound.

Edit: people in the US tend to forget the above since we never got the skyline here before but it's important to remember the record for an awd skyline is 7.61 so I believe there is still alot more left in this car and once they get the launch squared away we will see even more incredible times.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is scary fast. Is it still awd at this point? Built trans?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure it's yes to both GG. He mentioned Dodson and they offer built trans so it's a safe bet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow... they were close before, so i assumed them breaking into the 8's would only come asap
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Can't wait till my buddy get's his back from the motor build. He's on the alpha9 kit as of now but i keep busting his balls to get the 12 while it's down. Alpha12 on the street has to be amazing.