Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

600 horsepower NA C6 Z06 + 250 shot direct port nano nitrous setup on top for 800+

I love NANO nitrous setups, I think it's one of the coolest things in nitrous. This is a beast of a setup although I doubt the motor would last long on that big of a shot especially when already aggressively tuned NA. Guy says he hasn't sprayed it and I don't blame him:

Mod list.

-B&B Long Tube Headers 1-7/8
    -Akrapovic Evo Titanium Exhaust
    -Halltech Superbee CF112 & CF Superbee Hive
    -House of Boost / Aeromotive C6 Eliminator fuel system
    -Katech Show Prep Painted Valve Covers
    -Katech Coil Relocation Kit
    -Katech Belt Tensioner
    -Meziere Electric Water Pump w/ 160 Thermostat
    -IPS High Output Alternator
    -LSXR 102mm Intake, Ported w/Aeromotive Fuel Rails & 80lb. Injectors
    -NW 102mm Throttle Body
    -Nitrous Outlet Direct Port Nitrous System w/ 4 Solenoids & Rails.
    -Twin 10lb. Bottle Setup w/Billet Brackets
    -Twin Nano 4500 System w/Billet Brackets
    -Fuel Pressure Safety Switch, Nitrous Outlet Purge kit w/ dual vent & Nitrous Outlet C6 Switch Panel
    -HSW Micro Edge+ Progressive Controller
    -HSW Interface Nitrous Controller
    -RPS Billet Twin Carbon Clutch
    -PFADT Coilover Drag Pak Level-1
    -LSX Heads / Ported by WCCH w/ Manley Nextek Valve Spring Kit w/ Harden Pushrods & Stainless Exhaust Valves
    -Race Proven Motorsports B3 Cam (n/a & nitrous spec.)
    -Wiseco LS7 Pistons & Rings

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Holy $#@!! I just bust a nut looking at that thing!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    Holy $#@!! I just bust a nut looking at that thing!
    It's sick, just wonder if it can handle the spray.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Um....I see some nice mods on the car but unless I skipped over it I don't see any upgraded rods.

Just so you know, I blew my C6 Z06 motor with a 100 shot. Bent the titanium connecting rods.

You can draw your own conclusions as to what will happen to this car if he wants to race it. Otherwise if he has the aftermarket rods and all, he just needs to change the axle and put some drag radials on and he's looking at a low 9 second car.
    his: _______________ hers: Mitsubishi Evolution X
    gone: R35 GT-R,
    C6 Z06, V2 CTS-V, E60 M5 SMG, CLK500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    Um....I see some nice mods on the car but unless I skipped over it I don't see any upgraded rods.

Just so you know, I blew my C6 Z06 motor with a 100 shot. Bent the titanium connecting rods.

You can draw your own conclusions as to what will happen to this car if he wants to race it. Otherwise if he has the aftermarket rods and all, he just needs to change the axle and put some drag radials on and he's looking at a low 9 second car.
    Wow, just with a 100 shot. what other mods did you have?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. So upgraded rods and this is quite the beast, isn't it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Upgraded rods for sure but not sure what would have been next on it...

I did multiple top speed runs using N2O so maybe a lot of people can get away with using a small shot. I run my cars all out though.

I had Vette Doctors stage 2 which was all the boltons plus a camshaft. Made something like 550rwhp n/a and 650rwhp with 100 shot. Torque was around same as hp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Lol,I remember that nite coming home from the Island...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    any 60-130 tests? this C6 must be fast.
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had Vette Doctors stage 2 which was all the boltons plus a camshaft. Made something like 550rwhp n/a and 650rwhp with 100 shot. Torque was around same as hp.
    That car must have been a blast, why sell it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ I would do that too, a blown engine is the end for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Lol,I remember that nite coming home from the Island...
    Yeah that little stunt cost me an arm and a leg. At least black eric had the ride of his life lol.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That car must have been a blast, why sell it?
    I put it back to stock as best as I could and traded it in for the M5. First off, the motor was blown and would have cost me a fortune to rebuild everything. I could have turned it into a MONSTER but it would have been a lot of money and I was kind of over the whole big rumbling V8 thing.
    The camshaft made it shake at the lights. It is cool at first but you get a lot of people looking at you thinking your car is busted. Plus it would overheat a lot and my AC would go dead. Try making it through i95 traffic on 90+ degree summer days with no AC at all and a bucking motor. It's just not that cool after a while.
    Another big problem the car had was traction and stability. I wasn't crazy about the high speed stability. The rear end was always very bouncy. Out of 5 Z06 owners I've spoken to, 4 of them have had the tail spin out on them and crashed. These are seasoned guys, one of them owning and tracking a 900rwhp C5 Z06. He said he liked the new looks and refinements of his C6 Z06 but the squirelly nature of it just turned him off. I personally did a 360 right down i87 while racing against a ZX10 and ZX14 (I'm sure Oldgixxer remembers that lol). It was a miracle I pulled it off. We had to do 90mph rolls the whole night.
    Also, I was at the point where the transmission was starting to give me problems and the brakes were shot. It just wasn't worth it for me anymore and I wanted to move onto something headache free.

I loved the Z06 and still think about it here and there but if I were to get another American car and mod it up again I'd probably just go Viper and keep it a pure race car and not pretend that it can be used as a daily driven vehicle.

But I can say that if you wanted a fast daily driver and don't need to beat the world with racing that the Z06 is HARD to beat. I'd just suggest giving it basic boltons such as an intake and exhaust and tune. Nothing more. The ride is pretty smooth, shifter and clutch are a breeze, and the seats are comfy. Fast as F*** too. ZR1 is probably a great car.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    ^ I would do that too, a blown engine is the end for me.
    Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Poor BMW took over my car, blown motor and all. They've screwed over me and my family countless times so it was time to return the favor lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LMFAO@ black eric!!
    He was scared $#@!less,I remember hearing him in the background yelling "slow down slow down!" when I called u&told you that your exhaust is pouring blue smoke out the back after you did a 180mph fly-by past me lol
    Is he M.I.A or what?? Havent see/heard of that cat in years
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Poor BMW took over my car, blown motor and all. They've screwed over me and my family countless times so it was time to return the favor lol.
    LOL you are dirty man! Hahah, I bet they deserved it. I would have done the same if I could. I feel sorry for whoever bought the car though, if they didn't find out before it was sold. Poor SOB....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I put it back to stock as best as I could and traded it in for the M5. First off, the motor was blown and would have cost me a fortune to rebuild everything. I could have turned it into a MONSTER but it would have been a lot of money and I was kind of over the whole big rumbling V8 thing.
    The camshaft made it shake at the lights. It is cool at first but you get a lot of people looking at you thinking your car is busted. Plus it would overheat a lot and my AC would go dead. Try making it through i95 traffic on 90+ degree summer days with no AC at all and a bucking motor. It's just not that cool after a while.
    Another big problem the car had was traction and stability. I wasn't crazy about the high speed stability. The rear end was always very bouncy. Out of 5 Z06 owners I've spoken to, 4 of them have had the tail spin out on them and crashed. These are seasoned guys, one of them owning and tracking a 900rwhp C5 Z06. He said he liked the new looks and refinements of his C6 Z06 but the squirelly nature of it just turned him off. I personally did a 360 right down i87 while racing against a ZX10 and ZX14 (I'm sure Oldgixxer remembers that lol). It was a miracle I pulled it off. We had to do 90mph rolls the whole night.
    Also, I was at the point where the transmission was starting to give me problems and the brakes were shot. It just wasn't worth it for me anymore and I wanted to move onto something headache free.

I loved the Z06 and still think about it here and there but if I were to get another American car and mod it up again I'd probably just go Viper and keep it a pure race car and not pretend that it can be used as a daily driven vehicle.
    Honestly, that sounds like a nightmare.

I'm sure the AC issues could be fixed.

The squirrely nature though, that I'm not so sure about. Why would it just spin out?

I drove a C5 Z06 several times, I was surprised by the stability. The C6 sounds almost like a white knuckle ride.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Honestly, that sounds like a nightmare.

I'm sure the AC issues could be fixed.

The squirrely nature though, that I'm not so sure about. Why would it just spin out?

I drove a C5 Z06 several times, I was surprised by the stability. The C6 sounds almost like a white knuckle ride.
    That $#@!in car never had any traction,period..even w new tires...damn thing would spin at 100mph
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    That $#@!in car never had any traction,period..even w new tires...damn thing would spin at 100mph
    This is why low torque M3's are the way to go Click here to enlarge

Drag radials on the street would be a solution I guess. Sounds like a nightmare though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    some said the downforce was pretty awful, he said actually the air trapped between car and ground pushes the car up.

I remember i had wheel spin at +160mph, what's the logic reason? the tail was about to fly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

That's odd that you experienced no traction with the Z06. I've driven a friend of mine's 2007 and 2009 Z06 and both of those were well planted, even when pushed hard. Car felt like it was on rails. Granted, both of his were stock and the tires were in good shape.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    at above +160 MPH it's a dart, IDK how ItalianStallion managed to +180 MPH because it's really scary.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I took that $#@! to 200mph and had multiple 190mph pulls.

The Z06 definitely needed some extra downforce with all that extra power. I swear the rear end was wiggling as I kept accelerating into triple digit speeds to 200mph.

GetSome...the car handled incredible and was a dream to drive. But on imperfect roads the car would hop around. Also, on top speed highway runs the car became pretty unstable. I survived the 20 or so 180+mph runs I've done in it but trust me it is not on rails at those speeds.

It's an American car and I doubt the designers at GM really honed in on the 160+mph stability whereas German cars are engineered for the Autobahn environments.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

GetSome...the car handled incredible and was a dream to drive. But on imperfect roads the car would hop around. Also, on top speed highway runs the car became pretty unstable. I survived the 20 or so 180+mph runs I've done in it but trust me it is not on rails at those speeds.
    I can see that. With the leaf spring rear suspension, it's kind of amazing it has the composure it does have. I only took the car up to 140 (buddy asked me to open it up to give him feedback on how it handled). It was solid at that speed. I bet with a coil over suspension and some extra downforce, it would have been back on track, so to speak. (think "on rails")

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I took that $#@! to 200mph and had multiple 190mph pulls.

The Z06 definitely needed some extra downforce with all that extra power. I swear the rear end was wiggling as I kept accelerating into triple digit speeds to 200mph.

It's an American car and I doubt the designers at GM really honed in on the 160+mph stability whereas German cars are engineered for the Autobahn environments.
    Damn glad youre still alive. From what I am hearing it is not so stable at those speeds. Have you gotten a chance to take a ZR1 up to 180, those cars are geared more for top speed and such.

I can imagine when the nitrous hits you blow your tires loose from all the torque on your vette right?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    I can see that. With the leaf spring rear suspension, it's kind of amazing it has the composure it does have. I only took the car up to 140 (buddy asked me to open it up to give him feedback on how it handled). It was solid at that speed. I bet with a coil over suspension and some extra downforce, it would have been back on track, so to speak. (think "on rails")
    How do the leaf springs act any differently than torsion or coil suspension on any other car. They aren't normal leaf springs like on old body on frame cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bimmerdude Click here to enlarge
    How do the leaf springs act any differently than torsion or coil suspension on any other car. They aren't normal leaf springs like on old body on frame cars.
    I was just thinking along the line that for such a performance oriented car, function would be well served by an adjustable set of coil overs, as opposed to the older technology of a leaf spring.