Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Oh dear, I've unintentionally contributed to the Nismo370 build controversy...

In an effort make things right in the world, I've worked out the plausibility of a 3.7 litre engine making 490 whp at 6 psi. My benchmark is a 2.6 litre Nissan engine that dynoed at 525 awhp on 17.5 psi. If you calculate the 'effective' displacement of the two engine/boost combinations by comparing the observed power output divided by absolute manifold pressure * displacement you find:

Nismo370 - Peak power at 7600 rpm
    490 whp/(3.7 litres*(14.7 psi + 6 psi))=6.4 whp/(effective litre*psi)

RB26DETT - Peak power at 7500 rpm
    525 awhp/(2.6 litres *(14.7 psi + 17.5 psi) = 6.3 awhp/(effective litre*psi).

This ignores a bunch of variables, the least of which is not peak power rpm (Peak torque would be a better comparison) but it demonstrates that the claim is possible. It'd be a very free breathing 3.7 litre that could accomplish this.
    *edit* http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...699#post123699 I think this is the dyno curve. Nismo370 posts later that the car revs 7600 rpm, so I'll take that.
    *end edit*

The guy running twice the boost on the same engine and only trapping 3 mph faster has a significant opportunity for improvement in my opinion. (Point and laugh at will.)

For what it's worth, there are some numbers referenced to something real. Click here to enlarge Dyno curve for the RB26DETT available if anyone cares. No point posting as it's OT for this thread.

Dan
    Last edited by GTR-Dad; 05-20-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    a drivers race for trap speed?? guys come on now if we were talking about ET then yes its a drivers race but you cannot honesty explain the difference of 6psi on the same car with bigger turbo's giving only 2mph on a trap.
    most of the data i have found shows the gtm kits at 6psi making from 390-420,his makes another 100
    Driver skill can't radically change trap speed. Not to any level that 6 psi can, that is for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    I dont think I saw his build thread but my main point is who cares if he's lying or not. When you have multiple thread trying to figure out a guys setup and spending your own time researching all kinds of stuff and contacting companies and everything it just seems funny to me. Also no one has answered whether the car the OP is comparing is a Nismo or not. I think that makes a substantial difference as I know there are some changes which could perhaps account for some of the extra HP. Also two different dyno's done on seperate days with different fuels are useless for comparison. As an example look at my bone stock N63 and Alextremo's bone stock N63 dyno's. If I remember correctly I made something like 28HP more than he did for no reason at all except different dyno's, I dont think my motor is putting down an additional 28whp more than normal N63's but when MSIZZLE and Lostmarine finally solve the mystery behind Nismoz car they can tackle the great N63 mystery of 2011!
    Were they the same dyno and transmission?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol wow all I can say is Sizzle if you want to meet up and search my car I give you permission, matter fact I want you too so everybody can see I don't have a EBC. Take another ride and look at the boost guage. How bout I run you again put the gopro in my car angle it so can see myboost guage and we go at it. I don't know how else to prove it to you guys I don't have an ebc but do that. I believe my car is a stage 2 now. I initially thought it was stage 1 because that's what I asked to be ordered. But I've been comparing my numbers to a g37 stage 2 tt and on 9 or 10psi I believe he put down 537whp on a dynojet. He is a 5 speed automatic also. He also lives in CT, so maybe the east coast cars are just stronger I don't know. Pertaining to the track my suspensionis not setup for that its way to stiff and I was on bald tires pretty much when I went to the track. I will go again once I change that around, and will attend atco for that.
    09 Nismo 370Z TWIN TURBO 12PSI 527whp 400trq 11.75 @ 127mph Sold....Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Btw a stillen supercharged 370z jus ran 12.4 @ 121 in florida. He makes 445whp and 330trq. That was on street tires. He posted it on the370z.com and said he had a bad launch and the car is def a high 11sec. I sent LM the link.
    09 Nismo 370Z TWIN TURBO 12PSI 527whp 400trq 11.75 @ 127mph Sold....Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just let me know when your hitting atco Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Were they the same dyno and transmission?
    No different Dyno but same transmission but thats my point is that the only variable was a different dyno and it registered a huge difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    just let me know when your hitting atco Click here to enlarge
    Will do LM... = )

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    No different Dyno but same transmission but thats my point is that the only variable was a different dyno and it registered a huge difference.
    Different dyno on different days is the huge difference. Fuel quality, weather, etc.

With the drag strip you have DA to correct.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    MSizzle I will say this much about Nismo's there are only 3 Nismo 370z's in the country that are twin turbo with Nismo being one of them.
    I do think Nismo car has stage 2 turbo's even though he ordered stage 1. In the end is you want a 370z get one man either way the car is a good platform and responds well to boost.

http://www.the370z.com/forced-induct...rtesy-gtm.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    MSizzle I will say this much about Nismo's there are only 3 Nismo 370z's in the country that are twin turbo with Nismo being one of them.
    I do think Nismo car has stage 2 turbo's even though he ordered stage 1. In the end is you want a 370z get one man either way the car is a good platform and responds well to boost.

http://www.the370z.com/forced-induct...rtesy-gtm.html
    No im def close to pulling the trigger, im ofcourse a Nissan guy and i want something that i can do some road racing with, the sizzle is great and im still in love with it but at 4000lb its no good for that and i just had a baby so i cant justify the expense of a 100k+ sports car anymore. I had it for over 4 years and i loved every minute of it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No im def close to pulling the trigger, im ofcourse a Nissan guy and i want something that i can do some road racing with, the sizzle is great and im still in love with it but at 4000lb its no good for that and i just had a baby so i cant justify the expense of a 100k+ sports car anymore. I had it for over 4 years and i loved every minute of it
    I can't let you in good conscience get rid of an M6 for a 370TT.

Unfortunate that babies are so expensive... and yet slower than your M6 in the 1/4.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    to be honest at there weight im shocked that with tt power or even sc none of them are deep into the 11's yet, as far as the ///M i am 100% in love with the car stil,i used to get a car every 2 years before the ///M and at that point i was sick of that car. The m i still look back when i walk away,i still feel like its a treat when i drive it, and i still get compliments all the time. If it was a perfect world i would buy the ess sc kit,put sway bars on it, get a cf hood and trunk and paint them body color. So 120lb or so less and 120hp or so more with less body roll, oh boy........

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i also consider it a blessing that at 26 i got to buy my dream car, and also at that age i owned a home plus was able to drive a 100k sports car, now my life is different and though im not willing to give up my passion for cars i do have a family to support that i didnt then so things change. I have wanted to build a nissan for a while because in my area im very active in the car scene and Vinny Ten is like a business partner to me at this point so me having one of the baddest nissans in town will be good for business both for my dealership and the race shop, Even not for the money i would still go with the Z over the gtr cuz im not into the awd or how good the car is w/o me, i want a little more challange.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    STICKY AND MOST IMPORTANT YOU WILL GET A STEP BY STEP BUILD THREAD WITH PICS AND DYNO'S!!!!!! THis summer TT and def this winter built motor with 10sec gtr's in my cross hairs, oh and a certain RB335 >=)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    honestly, i understand your thought process, but your gonna be tired and bored of the Z quickly, regardless if it has 800 hp. its not the same quality youve been used to. seriously. why not get an M3? youll be down on power out the box compared to supped up cars, but you will love every second of driving it and can do little by little

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    honestly, i understand your thought process, but your gonna be tired and bored of the Z quickly, regardless if it has 800 hp. its not the same quality youve been used to. seriously. why not get an M3? youll be down on power out the box compared to supped up cars, but you will love every second of driving it and can do little by little
    I think because of this
    i also consider it a blessing that at 26 i got to buy my dream car, and also at that age i owned a home plus was able to drive a 100k sports car, now my life is different and though im not willing to give up my passion for cars i do have a family to support that i didnt then so things change. I have wanted to build a nissan for a while because in my area im very active in the car scene and Vinny Ten is like a business partner to me at this point so me having one of the baddest nissans in town will be good for business both for my dealership and the race shop, Even not for the money i would still go with the Z over the gtr cuz im not into the awd or how good the car is w/o me, i want a little more challange.
    If you re-read what he just said it pretty much sums it up right there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is it going to be a DD car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I can't let you in good conscience get rid of an M6 for a 370TT.

Unfortunate that babies are so expensive... and yet slower than your M6 in the 1/4.
    In time people will get force induction 370z's on the track

Someone just went 11.73 @122.9 on street tires today with a TT 370z

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what was the 60' and 1/8 mile?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    M6s are not 100k anymore - Used M6's are like 35k. A TT370Z will cost more to make that. How are you scooping the cash in between? Is your M6 like an 08 with 15k on it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Last edited by Mr.Squeeze; 05-21-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    apparantly im a troll for asking for performance #'s, so i cant see that..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    441/332 TQ on a low reading mustang is what was posted in the build thread no graph 8.5 psi.

R/T.128
    60'1.942
    330 5.144
    1/8 94.30
    1000 9.890
    1/4 11.736 @122.85
    Last edited by Mr.Squeeze; 05-21-2011 at 11:43 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    441/332 TQ on a low reading mustang is what was posted in the build thread no graph 8.5 psi.

R/T.128
    60'1.942
    330 5.144
    1/8 94.30
    1000 9.890
    1/4 11.736 @122.85
    mustang huh, add about 40 hp, sounds about right for just about 500hp. 60' is not too shabby

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast