Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Confused about Nismo Z numbers

So i have been doing allot of research on 370Z's and there FI kits lately because im thinking about buying another one,but for some reason on those forums nobody talks about 1/4mile times or 60-130 or even street racing so its really hards to tell where these car at. Today i came across a 1/4 thread so i was excited to see some numbers and i stumbled on this

Click here to enlarge

This is a guy with a GTM stage 2 TT kit and that day he was running 11psi and trapped 122.13, but Nismo370 on here trapped 119.xx with only 6psi on a stage 1 kit with smaller turbos pushing less volume on a poorly prep track, how can this be its almost double the boost!!! here is the thread with the info

http://www.the370z.com/track-autocro...p-finally.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So i wanted to look into this guys build and came across this

http://www.specialtyz.com/images/sz-...eboostdyno.jpg

http://www.specialtyz.com/images/sz-z34/12psidyno.jpg

@6psi he made 408.56, nismo made 500 and @12psi and race gas he made 548!! so double the boost and higher octane gas and bigger turbo's he only made 48whp more than nismo did, how can that be?? here is the info

http://www.the370z.com/forced-induct...2-build-2.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nismo i assume you know your platform better than i do so maybe you can chime in and explain this, im not one that is big on internet conspiracy theories but when 2+2 doesnt equal 4 i wanna see whats going on....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well first things to point out

Thats in California, where all they have is 91 octane, I'm sure that makes a difference.

2, I think nismo's car might be a stage 2

3, drag strips on the east coast are known to be quicker than ones on the west coast
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    1)he originally insisted that he had a stage 1 kit then after a while he said the box said stage 2???????
    2) are you joking with the slower tracks?? yes the west coast is slower but it DOES NOT take 6 more psi on ANY car to run the same traps
    3) Its not about the gas because his 12psi pull was on 100oct

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I didnt read the thread lol

Maybe the guy cant drive worth dick? who knows?

as far as the other stuff is concerned, I have no freakin clue. There are so many variables
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

maybe it's the driver, for some people driving a manual car is like climbing mountain with nipples, they just suck at it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    maybe it's the driver, for some people driving a manual car is like climbing mountain with nipples, they just suck at it.
    bwhahahah! I just spit my coffee up! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    all info i posted up before brother. one way to be sure is to have him up the boost to "11psi" and try again.. would be easy with an EBC Click here to enlarge like the one he was gonna get 4 months ago now, but hasnt Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    a drivers race for trap speed?? guys come on now if we were talking about ET then yes its a drivers race but you cannot honesty explain the difference of 6psi on the same car with bigger turbo's giving only 2mph on a trap.
    most of the data i have found shows the gtm kits at 6psi making from 390-420,his makes another 100

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    a drivers race for trap speed?? guys come on now if we were talking about ET then yes its a drivers race but you cannot honesty explain the difference of 6psi on the same car with bigger turbo's giving only 2mph on a trap.
    most of the data i have found shows the gtm kits at 6psi making from 390-420,his makes another 100
    Believe me, I've seen worse drivers.
    But the extra 100 whp is the interesting point, definitely we need some clarification on this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Believe me, I've seen worse drivers.
    But the extra 100 whp is the interesting point, definitely we need some clarification on this.
    well lets not forget that even though Nismo trapped 119 he only ran in the 13's so its not like he was a pro driver out there

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are efficiency mods between the two cars comparable? Intake, FMIC, head work, cams, exhaust mani, dumps, and exhaust will all affect power per psi.

+1 on fuel comments too. Most competent tuners will pull some ignition and leave some torque on the table to avoid detonation triggered by poor fuel.

Finally, does anyone watch House? "People lie." (Not calling anyone a liar, just sayin' this is a possibility.)

Dan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

All I can say is LOL you guys have created multiple threads just too break down this guys "possible" setup. Title should be "concerned about nismo Z's #'s". Oh btw is that one your using as a comparison the nismo edition one as well?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    All I can say is LOL you guys have created multiple threads just too break down this guys "possible" setup. Title should be "concerned about nismo Z's #'s". Oh btw is that one your using as a comparison the nismo edition one as well?
    Dude do you remember his built thread? from my opinion it was a bit fishy.
    i don't have anything with his car's numbers, I still say it depends on many things but what about the extra 100whp ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol that is crazy ,doesn't add up.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    At 6psi it made 486whp if i remember correctly
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dude do you remember his built thread? from my opinion it was a bit fishy.
    i don't have anything with his car's numbers, I still say it depends on many things but what about the extra 100whp ?
    I dont think I saw his build thread but my main point is who cares if he's lying or not. When you have multiple thread trying to figure out a guys setup and spending your own time researching all kinds of stuff and contacting companies and everything it just seems funny to me. Also no one has answered whether the car the OP is comparing is a Nismo or not. I think that makes a substantial difference as I know there are some changes which could perhaps account for some of the extra HP. Also two different dyno's done on seperate days with different fuels are useless for comparison. As an example look at my bone stock N63 and Alextremo's bone stock N63 dyno's. If I remember correctly I made something like 28HP more than he did for no reason at all except different dyno's, I dont think my motor is putting down an additional 28whp more than normal N63's but when MSIZZLE and Lostmarine finally solve the mystery behind Nismoz car they can tackle the great N63 mystery of 2011!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ it's a Nismo 370z, around 490whp on stock internals and 6 psi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ it's a Nismo 370z, around 490whp on stock internals and 6 psi.
    No i know about his car I just wasn't on this site for his build thread I guess. I've seen him and Lost go at it before but I dont think they ever ran. I know Lost did a ton of research and began posting on 370z.com(til he was banned I think) and everything and then after having dedicated all those hours to posting on here and researching wouldn't drive half way to race IIRC. My question was is that car running the stage 2 and 12psi a Nismo or no?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    28whp and 100who against a car with bigger turbo's are 2 different things, and no i wouldnt spend 1 minute of my life researching his setup this is all old news now, im on the market for one and came across that thread and decided to post it for discussion. I run a nissan dealership and i have always been around the nissan tuning scence,plus i did drive out to Jersey to run him and i saw the car in action, its very very fast but the numbers to get it there dont add up, I LOVE THE PERFORMANCE OF THE CAR AND MAY OWN ONE BUT DONT WANNA BE TAKEN FOR A FOOL!!!
    The nismo has 15 more hp with a slight exhaust change so that has nothing to do with it. Same platform but 1 is a stage 1 and the other is a stage 2 but one maked 100whp more on the same boost or 40who less with 6psi less!!!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    His car is just a freak =D

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    28whp and 100who against a car with bigger turbo's are 2 different things, and no i wouldnt spend 1 minute of my life researching his setup this is all old news now, im on the market for one and came across that thread and decided to post it for discussion. I run a nissan dealership and i have always been around the nissan tuning scence,plus i did drive out to Jersey to run him and i saw the car in action, its very very fast but the numbers to get it there dont add up, I LOVE THE PERFORMANCE OF THE CAR AND MAY OWN ONE BUT DONT WANNA BE TAKEN FOR A FOOL!!!
    The nismo has 15 more hp with a slight exhaust change so that has nothing to do with it. Same platform but 1 is a stage 1 and the other is a stage 2 but one maked 100whp more on the same boost or 40who less with 6psi less!!!!
    Ahh I see well buy the kit from the same people that sold Nismo his! Hey can you locate part #'s M-13074-58S00, M-12200-05U03 I've been trying to get specially the first one but cant locate a dealer that has one. Hook it up! lol nah I just need to find that pulley.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Ahh I see well buy the kit from the same people that sold Nismo his! Hey can you locate part #'s M-13074-58S00, M-12200-05U03 I've been trying to get specially the first one but cant locate a dealer that has one. Hook it up! lol nah I just need to find that pulley.
    yea hold on let me check

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    any more info you dig up ?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast