Close

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I said I'd have a more substantial update soon the last time I posted but alas the damn wiring still is a problem. I actually went to NRC today as I was supposed to pick up the motor to bring home and run the oil and fuel lines and finally put it on the dyno but we'll see, why is it soooo hard to find people that will do what they say? Anyways I've gotten ALOT of stuff in lately but its been mainly going straight to NRC so not many pics. Car is ready to go to the body shop save for a few minor things for which we are waiting on the wiring but once that is done(or maybe if?) I'll be dependent on professionals again and things will be wrapped up fairly quickly. Meanwhile:

Me checking out the wiring blissfully unaware
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

The car visiting for 2 days
    Click here to enlarge

Bob's Dog guarding my fiberglass doors which weighed in at a whopping 11.7lbs, if I could have found OEM fiberglass or CF fenders I would have been able to have all new panels to go with the CF hatch hood and roof but I dont like the stylized one's available.
    Click here to enlarge

Rips dry sump pan on the motor
    Click here to enlarge

Dry sump pump mounted and measured up for pulleys and a belt which I've since gotten in and attached but dont have a pic
    Click here to enlarge

Prolite 16V Lithium Battery to run the whole car since I'm ditching the alternator, I'm loving the battery and from what I've seen with cars that have them on the track I should be good to go
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

And since these dudes in X275 keep dropping the record before I can even get out there(now a 4.59 which is a 7.teens or better) I have picked up a plan B or should I say plan VK? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    VK56 - VD or DE?

coming along nicely btw.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sick plan B.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    plan B should be good for over 1500hp with mild boost

when you expecting plan a to start up?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    VK56 - VD or DE?

coming along nicely btw.
    VK56DE as we know from here it's too much trouble to make the DI work for BIG boost and if I put this motor into play I'll expect at least 2,000hp easy or it ain't worth it.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by newoldschool Click here to enlarge
    plan B should be good for over 1500hp with mild boost

when you expecting plan a to start up?
    Yup 1,500 should be no problem but like I posted above for this motor I'm thinking a good bit more than 1500 I think 2500hp isn't out of the question with a good bit of boost. I hope to have the motor dyno'd in about a month or so, perhaps soon if I can get the damn wiring company to do its job.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Sick plan B.
    Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lots of impressive hardware and what looks like a very well built wiring harness. I hope your vendor is able to solve whatever issue you've found quickly.
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Are you the same alpha that's on the bullet? From induction performance?
    Sorry for the late reply. I have been out of state and country. I need to catch up with your progress. To answer your question yes I am Alpha on The Bullet and from Induction Performance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The ecu and dry sump work came out very nice!

I was out in Trinidad a little while back tuning a bunch of cars. You can visit Induction Performance's Face Book (cant post links here yet) in the video section to see the one that made 960whp through the sequential gear box. I went back out to Trinidad a couple weeks ago to set it up at the track and it spit a shim out the bucket on the anti lag.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did the electronics get sorted out?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
    Did the electronics get sorted out?
    I wish, I had specifically hired chase bays to beef up their standard harness for much bigger coils injectors and fuel pump. They used 16ga wiring when I had specified 12 and 10 for the fuel pump. The fuel pump pulls 21amps and they used 16ga wiring. Plus they had offered and I paid for a mini relay boar then try didn't deliver and used my arc one without crediting back the money for it. Plus the whole point of hiring them was to have 100% of the engine bay harness thru the mil spec connector for cleanliness and easy removal, well they forgot the nitrous wires and when I sent it back they told me it would take a few weeks to fix as they needed to order a new mil spec plug as that one was maxed out so I reluctantly agreed and they took the two weeks and still sent back a bunch of loose wiring for the nitrous 16ga of course when it was supposed to be 12ga and refused to take apart the harness cause he said it was too much work for 4 wires even though that's what I had paid for and they hadn't delivered. So now I'm having my chassis shop go back an redo most of the wiring(to fix the injectors coils and nitrous and fuel pump you basically have to take apart both chassis and engine harnesses) but they won't do $#@! so I did a charge back to get at least 50% of my money back. The other half I paid in cash and am stuck for. So more waiting to put it on the engine dyno but the chassis is off at the body shop since yesterday.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wish, I had specifically hired chase bays to beef up their standard harness for much bigger coils injectors and fuel pump. They used 16ga wiring when I had specified 12 and 10 for the fuel pump. The fuel pump pulls 21amps and they used 16ga wiring. Plus they had offered and I paid for a mini relay boar then try didn't deliver and used my arc one without crediting back the money for it. Plus the whole point of hiring them was to have 100% of the engine bay harness thru the mil spec connector for cleanliness and easy removal, well they forgot the nitrous wires and when I sent it back they told me it would take a few weeks to fix as they needed to order a new mil spec plug as that one was maxed out so I reluctantly agreed and they took the two weeks and still sent back a bunch of loose wiring for the nitrous 16ga of course when it was supposed to be 12ga and refused to take apart the harness cause he said it was too much work for 4 wires even though that's what I had paid for and they hadn't delivered. So now I'm having my chassis shop go back an redo most of the wiring(to fix the injectors coils and nitrous and fuel pump you basically have to take apart both chassis and engine harnesses) but they won't do $#@! so I did a charge back to get at least 50% of my money back. The other half I paid in cash and am stuck for. So more waiting to put it on the engine dyno but the chassis is off at the body shop since yesterday.
    Sorry to hear of your troubles, it sounds really frustrating.

Top wiring harness builders can provide a QC checklist of the harness that lists measured resistance confirming the proper wire gauge is used for each conductor. Admittedly you pay for this level of service, but with any type of product, the quality is often the result of the QC process used. Within the industry I'm involved, we look for at least 3-4 layers of QC on the finished product.

Going forward, if you do have all the Raychem cut open, I suggest to leave the new heat shrink open (Not shrunk) until after you've finished getting the car operational. Custom builds seem to need an extra feature added at the last moment.

Looking forward to seeing the painted chassis...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here is an update of the last several months:

Exhaust Complete

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Oil pump support(these guys think of everything!)
    Click here to enlarge

Tank better mounted then just the peterson mount
    Click here to enlarge

Peterson remote filter mount With built in primer
    Click here to enlarge

Breather tank
    Click here to enlarge

Plumbing all done
    Click here to enlarge

Hinges mounted on fiberglass doors
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Next they cut a hole for the ducting to the turbo to get that ram effect. Because of everything I have going in the front bumper area placement was tricky and we are certainly trading some form for function here but this is a racecar first and foremost so oh well(Took ALOT of convincing to get jay to make this car ugly lol) imo had to be done.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Paint scheme I'm toying with
    Click here to enlarge

The body shop will glass in the front tubing then grind it down til its flush with the bumper. I think it will look OK but Jay still isn't speaking to me lol. At this point the car was ready(except for the damn wiring) so they pulled the engine and got the car ready for the paint shop:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

And they built a platform for the car to be rolled around the paint shop and itll also make it easier for the shop to paint the undercarriage:
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

The car is at the body shop now and I have to go to NRC to pick up the engine to put it on the dyno, however my wife is a few months pregnant and having a rough time of it so instead of us splitting our business travel I'm doing all the traveling which means I havent been home in over a month but that should change next monday when I'll hopefully drive to NRC to get the engine and stop by the body shop to get you some pics. The updates some be coming far quicker now but I've said that before lol. Enjoy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is an update of the last several months:
    Where in the world have you been? There are like a million N63 questions.

Edit: Saw the wife part, gotcha.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Where in the world have you been? There are like a million N63 questions.

Edit: Saw the wife part, gotcha.
    Lol yeah I saw that and the PM I'll jump in now just been crazy the past 2 months or so. And to think I almost bought another car right before we found out to put the V8 in and run ODR but that would have been another 2 year 100k project lol. Such a sweet deal too but oh well gotta get ready for my boy(hopefully).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol yeah I saw that and the PM I'll jump in now just been crazy the past 2 months or so. And to think I almost bought another car right before we found out to put the V8 in and run ODR but that would have been another 2 year 100k project lol. Such a sweet deal too but oh well gotta get ready for my boy(hopefully).
    Ah......now it all makes sense.

Congrats on the new "project"....I started one of those myself and the car stuff hasn't been much of a priority.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Not a real update just keeping everyone in the loop, I picked up the engine last weekend so I could bring it home and get the last few things done to put it on the dyno. However as I said my wife recently got pregnant with our first baby and we've been shopping for baby stuff and all that so not much time for anything. In getting the babies room ready I realized I would soon have my other baby coming(the 240) and that it was only fitting that I get its room ready too. So this past 8 days I jumped on fixing up my garage and make it fit for the car. I'm only about 70% done with the garage at this point but I had to fly out to LA unexpectedly. First the 240, Neil from 2 keys customs who is doing the body work and paint had an interesting proposition:

Click here to enlarge

I've got some with the body work in progress but theyre on my laptop back home as I had to fly to LA ASAP and left it behind, hopefully I'll get my wife to upload them so I can post up progress in a few days. Now the garage, First here is what it looked like before I got started:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

So first thing I wanted to do was make sure that when the 240 is here I can still fit all 3 cars in our 2 car garage and also that I can work on the 240 easily if need be. I bought a 4 post lift and installed it with the help of my brother in law:

Click here to enlarge

Then it was time to paint, I wanted the whole scheme to match what the 240 will look like plus its my favorite color scheme so I went with red and black(believe it or not the 3rd room in my house I use red paint on!):

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I used my brother in law's 350z to mock up if the 240 on top and my bmw on the bottom would work but it didn't clear the standard garage door so I had to have a high lift conversion done to raise the door and motor 20":

Click here to enlarge

With that high lift in place I can now fit all three cars in the garage at the same time and can work on the 240 with the lift all the way up so I can stand up straight. Next was the flooring, I picked Racedeck's Diamond flooring in a red and black checkered pattern with a graphite border(to match the walls). Install was easy except for the cutting around the lift posts and although I still gotta clean it I'm happy how it came out.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

That was as far as I got and I literally finished that last night at 4am with just time to get ready and catch my 10am flight. So its almost ready for the car, now I've ordered cabinets for the back wall where all the mess is now and I'm going to put a few things on the walls so it doesn't look so plain. This trip is a killer for me though cause I'm gonna be here til the 27th then I'm back in ATL for only 1 day before I go to Costa Rica for my dads 50th birthday and wont be back again until november 9th(and even then I'm only back for 5 days) so finding time to finish this up is gonna be hard. My wife isn't traveling for work anymore so I'm traveling twice as much as normal. But we'll see how it goes, hopefully also the next time I have a substantial update I'll also have a new travel rig and trailer to post up as I've been shopping.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The garage is sick, honestly, beautiful. Congrats on that.

The wheels look way too big to me though?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The garage is sick, honestly, beautiful. Congrats on that.

The wheels look way too big to me though?
    Lol yeah they were just $#@!ing around with the wheels, it'll have some big drag radials on next time she's rolling.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol yeah they were just $#@!ing around with the wheels, it'll have some big drag radials on next time she's rolling.
    Ok ya that makes way more sense lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As a long time Nissan guy, this is truly amazing. Can't wait to see that 1st pass!
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh wow that garage is purdy! I cant wait to see this up and moving under its own power

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry for the delay with the bodyshop pics I just got home yesterday and leave again in a couple of hours but here were the pics I got of the progress of the car. They are a little old I believe they are getting ready to spray next week:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Also the cage got certified this saturday as a 25.3 which means I'm okay til 6.50 or higher in the 1/4 mile.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Impressed.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast