Close

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

ASR N54 Upgraded turbos pictures and info - $4995

Okay guys here's the scoop! Oddjob2021 was on the right track in regards to what we spoke about the other day, but I think he got so excitied with the news that he may have mis-understood a couple of things. We are now using a different company to do the machine work process for us, since the current company we were dealing with was just taking way to long and completion dates just kept getting pushed back all the time. This company does work with OE turbo manufacturers and are well equipped and very knowledgable to get the job done to the level of quality we were looking for. They have already started working with the CAD information we have provided and everything seems to be working out with them.

The CHRA's are still Garrett GT's, but we may now have an option to work with a compressor wheel that flows an additional 4 lbs/min over our current compressor wheel. Since our current compressor wheel was at the lower end of the spectrum as to what the turbine was capable of supporting, the turbine wheel we currently use can easily flow enough volume to support the larger compressor wheel since it falls within that spectrum.

As far as pricing is concerned, it is currently $4995 for the turbos + cores with all the CNC retrofit oil and water line fittings. In case you guys haven't seen some of the hardware pics I've posted them below. If anyone has any questions regarding the kit or it's supporting mods that we offer, just shoot us a pm, email, or just call us @ 305-971-3114.
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Please post a dyno of the car with the higher flowing compressor wheels on a 93 octane tune when you get a chance, thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Please post a dyno of the car with the higher flowing compressor wheels on a 93 octane tune when you get a chance, thanks!
    will do Click here to enlarge haha, i have never run racegas actually, now that i think of it,, so i'll be dynoing these puppies when they come in on pumpgas and meth. i have a baseline run of 400whp/396tq at Lujan, which is close to ASR, i'll probably dyno there again, just to overlay graphs and see the high RPM hp gains Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so the 5k+our turbos is for the turbo's only

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So what else do you need to buy to install this kit?

also, Im assuming no upgrades to the wastegate?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    will do Click here to enlarge haha, i have never run racegas actually, now that i think of it,, so i'll be dynoing these puppies when they come in on pumpgas and meth. i have a baseline run of 400whp/396tq at Lujan, which is close to ASR, i'll probably dyno there again, just to overlay graphs and see the high RPM hp gains Click here to enlarge
    So is that with the 4lbs/min higher flowing compressor wheel or the original?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn nice! Good job guys, this is amazing news! Click here to enlarge

Let's see how far we can go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    So is that with the 4lbs/min higher flowing compressor wheel or the original?
    that baseline run is on stock turbos, which die off in HP way before redline like a proper car should. Click here to enlarge i dont have the upgrade yet, which will yield much better high RPM hp. and yes, especially if the 4 lbs/min wheel is used.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks good. Good luck on the dyno oddjob. Looking forward to seeing the results.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any idea when we can expect dynos from the revised turbos

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blk135 Click here to enlarge
    Any idea when we can expect dynos from the revised turbos
    as soon as they arrive Click here to enlarge this has been my case since the deposit was put down, i know you're interested to see the results, how do you think I feel? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol I dont even wanna know what you feal like.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice looking hardware for sure.

would be a bit nicer if the wastegates were improved however...

I really liike the fact that the CHRA has received a large upgrade.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    So what else do you need to buy to install this kit?

also, Im assuming no upgrades to the wastegate?
    wondering the same thing, any info??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jac90 Click here to enlarge
    wondering the same thing, any info??
    We have found the main culprit of actuator issues to be a cause of a poorly deigned actuator bushing from mitsubishi. Our turbo upgrades have a newly re-designed bushing that is implamted to prevent these issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's the ETA on release? or are you guys still testing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    What's the ETA on release? or are you guys still testing?
    We will be finsihed with machining the new set, with a comp wheel that is 2.8mm larger than our standard comp wheel, by early next week. Once we're finished, we'll install the turbos and begin tuning. We're expecting that by late next week or early the following week, we will have a definitive answer as to how well these larger comp wheels will outperform our standard setup. We will also post pictures of the completed machine work with the newer larger wheel as compared to our standard wheel.

Lastly we have been accused by ar design and the fanclub they associate themselves with, that RD Sport and ASR use the same turbos and that we don't do our own work on the hardware. This was an attempt by them to dismiss the hard work and effort we put into the CAD design process as well as the R&D. Just to set the record straight and prove to the general BMW community that this group of ney sayers are completely wrong, we will be posting pics of our work while it's being machined. I believe that is more than enough proof to support that ASR turbos are not bought from RD Sport or vise versa. On the contrary, it will further prove and support how involved we are in the machining process of the finished product.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

ASR N54 Upgraded turbos pictures and info - $4995

Im excited to see the results Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Abid@ASR Click here to enlarge
    Lastly we have been accused by ar design and the fanclub they associate themselves with, that RD Sport and ASR use the same turbos and that we don't do our own work on the hardware. This was an attempt by them to dismiss the hard work and effort we put into the CAD design process as well as the R&D. Just to set the record straight and prove to the general BMW community that this group of ney sayers are completely wrong, we will be posting pics of our work while it's being machined. I believe that is more than enough proof to support that ASR turbos are not bought from RD Sport or vise versa. On the contrary, it will further prove and support how involved we are in the machining process of the finished product.
    That will absolutely prove it and the nay sayers will no longer be able to say anything at all.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Abid@ASR Click here to enlarge
    We will be finsihed with machining the new set, with a comp wheel that is 2.8mm larger than our standard comp wheel, by early next week. Once we're finished, we'll install the turbos and begin tuning. We're expecting that by late next week or early the following week, we will have a definitive answer as to how well these larger comp wheels will outperform our standard setup. We will also post pictures of the completed machine work with the newer larger wheel as compared to our standard wheel.

so got any pics for us nay-sayers? it is "late next week" now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Still no word... Can't say I'm surprised.

You managed to get me banned from e90post when I asked you to show proof they are not relabeled turbos and you still haven't shown any proof. You going to show the pics or resort to attacking people that don't fall for your BS like over there?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Silence is deafening huh Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Silence is deafening huh Click here to enlarge
    Haha, yep... ASR is full of empty promises and overpriced parts.

ASR, I will continue to Bump this thread periodically until you fulfill your promises showing that you make these turbos. I think it might be awhile though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rcracer_tx Click here to enlarge
    Still no word... Can't say I'm surprised.

You managed to get me banned from e90post when I asked you to show proof they are not relabeled turbos and you still haven't shown any proof. You going to show the pics or resort to attacking people that don't fall for your BS like over there?
    You managed to get yourself banned for pm'ing ASR with an attempt to blackmail us that you would post false information, on ar design's behalf, about our company unless we met your demands. Not a very bright bunch. That tells everyone here a lot about you and your character as well as andrew's.

Just so we are clear, my abundantly busy schedule has kept me from driving over to our machining facility since it is a few hours away and a trip there pretty much consumes my whole day. That being said, I am planning on being there early next week for other projects we are currently working on. At that point I will take pictures of all our work and post them to the general public for viewing. My question to you is, what will you do once these pictures are posted up? Will you and andrew cower away to the bridge you crawled out from under, or will you be real men by apologizing and admitting that you and ar design have been spreading false information based on assumption and conjecture. Based on my experiences with what I know about you and your click, I predict you will take it even one step further and say that the pictures are edited or cut and pasted. I know you and your buddy andrew will make up all kinds of BS to try and make your point, as you have already done. The fact of the matter is that once we post these pictures up, everyone will know both you and andrew are dead wrong and have been purposely spreading false information to defame the credibility and work ASR put into these upgrades and the R&D we perform. No matter what you guys have to say after the fact, it will make you look even more foolish than you already do unless you both admit you were wrong and dishonest. Knowing that, I would think long and hard about what your answer is going to be before your post. You and I both know there is only one way you're going to get yourself and andrew out of the deep graves you've already dug for yourselves, and that's to apologize and admit to everyone you guys were wrong once the proof is posted. It's your choice wether you and andrew want to be viewed by others as cowards and liars or men that step up to the plate to face the true facts. The clock is ticking.........................

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast